Civilization Leader Pass: New DLC most likely coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, the Tokugawa (Ieyasu) was 20 years dead by the time of the seclusion laws, but yes, it's a possibility because he's commonly associated with them anyway rather than his son and grandson who actually did them
Well, that's a womp womp to me on the knowledge front. And I call myself a history nerd. :p

Jokes aside, with that established, the most likely bonuses will probably relate to Loyalty, Military, and Government bonuses that relate to Ieyasu's Bakuhan system that limited the powers of the daimyo and samurai.

Hey, maybe he could even have a malus to Governor Bonuses that could be interpreted as limiting the powerd of daimyos. Though, that's really just an unlikely hypothetical that probably isn't a good idea gameplay wise.

I hope that some leaders have unique governors and unique infrastructures.
Seconded. Pachacuti and Suleiman are the only Leaders who have either of these, and it's really unfortunate that Firaxis hasn't expanded upon these yet.

On a related note, you know what I want to see? Unique Support/Civilian Units. For goodness' sakes, Firaxis, you took a half-step forward with the Commandante General as a Unique Great General, you can do a unique Support/Civilian Units.

I have an idea to brew up more conversation: why don't we speculate what the Leader Agendas will be?

*Dodges the thrown tomatoes.*

I know Agendas aren't exactly popular, but it's still fun to speculate. I'll start with Lincoln.

Abraham Lincoln: A House Divided Cannot Stand
He'll probably dislike those who can't keep their Cities loyal or who lose their Cities due to Loyalty issues.

I'd be extremely surprised if this isn't the last DLC for Civ 6, like surely the plan is to work on the release of Civ 7 next?
To be fair, "I'd be extremely surprised if Gathering Storm isn't the last DLC for Civ 6" and "I'd be extremely surprised if NFP isn't the last DLC for Civ 6" were very common sentiments following their releases, especially the latter for obvious reasons. And now we're on our second post-GS DLC pass.

Until Civ 7 is announced or a leak or any sort confirms an impending announcement, more DLC for Civ 6, while incredibly unlikely, is still on the table now that the LP is a thing, and running wild with hope and speculation is our bread and butter here

Ok, so feeling confident that the Chinese Leak is all-but-confirmed as accurate, time for some wild speculation on what's coming!

Ramesses II: Builder/Conquerer. Something that could be cool would be a combat bonus that lasts for 10-15 turns after completing a wonder.
Lincoln: I'm sticking with my previous "Team of Rivals" idea about a Gorvernors/Promotions bonus.
Ana Nzinga: No clue but so, so excited to see where they go with this. But I mean it's gotta have something to do with diplomatic favor, alliances, or both, right? In a way that translates into military strength, presumably. I'll be honest I'm buying the pass for this one if literally no other leader in it.
Elizabeth I: Vicky's got the Naval Empire covered. Eleanor's got the cultural angle covered. Lizzy's story is, of course, wrapped all up in Religious conflict but not in a way that necessarily translates to anything mechanically interesting or particularly appropriate to the breadth of her legacy. Honestly, I think we're all about to become interested in some trade agreements with England again.
Tokugawa Ieyasu: Someone better-versed than I in Japanese history should make a stab at this, I mostly gather that he had a shrewd military mind as well as political, and was a unifier. If they want to do further diving into the still-fertile ground of what Governors can do, this seems like a good choice for it.
Ludwig II: Cultural Germany What?!?! It's not the diplomatic alliances/peacecraft Germany I was asking for but I still love this. Maybe they'll do something with him being able to gold-buy percentage completions of Wonders or something (I mean Ludwig more or less has to be Wonder-focused, right?) but this is another one to be super-psyched for. A Germany that's not about War!
Nader Shah: Hard to know exactly except that a leader-specific Unique Unit would almost have to be involved, otherwise why give us an 18th-Century Ruler for a Civ whose other uniques are in the Classical age?
Wu Zetian: Now this one fascinates me because 1.) She was an interesting choice for Civ 5, but little "personality" came through there, and 2.) she's in a sort of similar situation to Elizabeth where her reign was so long and impactful that you could go in any number of directions and any of them could risk feeling reductive. I'll laugh if they just adapt the "Art of War" bonus from Civ 5 directly to Civ 6, though.
Zhu-Di: Scenario only, I'm guessing having to do with navigating Mongolian incursions along with naval exploration (there's no way Zhang He won't be involved) etc. etc. No clue since the Ability will be tied to the Scenario.
Julius Caesar: Oh what was I saying about Lizzy and Wu? Right. Julius Caesar absolutely falls under this same category. Something involving the whole "conquered the world in self-defense" doctrine feels most likely to me, though how that will mechanically differ in a significant way from Chandragupta is unclear to me.
Sundiata Keita: This one is buck-wild and baffling to me in terms of any wild guess predictions, largely because, unlike Mvemba/Ana, Mali's inherent malus is part of the CUA rather than LUA, meaning that Sundiata's LUA has to compensate for it in some way separate from how Mansa Musa's does. Sundiata is a great figure to have in the game (somewhat legendary, but with enough details verified to make whatever parts are myth acceptable as true-enough) but "tenacity" isn't the most intuitive trait to translate into gameplay mechanics, and we're gonna need something special there to make up for the production hit, especially if he's more military-focused than Musa, which seems likely.
Theodora: It'd be cool to get something focused more on the Dromon UU, which Basil II's ability basically ignores, but there's nothing about Theodora that I'm aware of that particularly fits with that. I'm guessing that we'll get something fairly close to what we got in Civ V's Theo, but now with the assistance of Byzantium's CUA actually assisting in securing a religion to begin with.
Sejong: No clue, except that it'll be a different take on Science for an already gangbusters Science-focused civ, almost surely.

I have an idea to brew up more conversation: why don't we speculate what the Leader Agendas will be?

Ooh now that's a fun idea.

My prediction for Nzinga is that she'll go hard on trying to declare joint wars, or at least make alliances with CIvs who share a common enemy with her.

Ludwig could habitually spend his treasury down and constantly be trying to make deals that get him gold in exchange for Great Works or whatever.

@Navelgazer:

I see Tokugawa as more of a survivor than a warmonger, especially compared to some of his erstwhile rivals, many of whom burned brightly but flared out quickly.

The closing cutscene for the old classic game, Shogun, talks all about Tokugawa:

with Maria Theresa for Germany, you insulted all of Austria. Thats just wrong on so many things. It's like you want Trump leading the UK level of wrong.
I mean I would have loved to have Austria as a civ, but I don't think that will happen. I still want Maria Theresa though. I mean if Ana Nzinga could lead Kongo I don't see Maria Theresa leading Germany as much of a stretch, not to mention we are also apparently might be getting Ludwig, who only ruled Bavaria.

*Dodges the thrown tomatoes.*

I know Agendas aren't exactly popular, but it's still fun to speculate. I'll start with Lincoln.

Abraham Lincoln: A House Divided Cannot Stand
He'll probably dislike those who can't keep their Cities loyal or who lose their Cities due to Loyalty issues.
So he would have disliked himself in real life? :shifty:

Anyway, I posted this one earlier:
Ludwig II: Mad King
Will spend gold freely and doesn't mind going near bankruptcy. Dislikes leaders who hoard gold and do not spend it.

Elizabeth I: Armada Portrait
Will want to continuously make trade agreements with other leaders. Dislikes leaders who do not accept her trade agreements. :lol:
It's funny but I think it could actually work.

we have less than 24h left to wait (probably - for something that was planned for least Year, but I'm not complaining, nope!).
Was there an official announcement or am I just misunderstanding a joke here?

Then that's going to be a very strange 3d model for Elizabeth II.

But then again they did get the wrong William model for the Netherlands back in Civ III

Was there an official announcement or am I just misunderstanding a joke here?
The Chinese leak said mid-November, which is this week. Tomorrow is the first day of the workweek, but I doubt they will straight up announce it tomorrow. They typically avoid Mondays. If that piece of the leak is accurate, it will most likely be Tuesday or Thursday.

Tuesday would be nice, then they can do First Look(s) on Thursday, and fit in a livestream next week before the US's Thanksgiving.

The Chinese leak said mid-November, which is this week. Tomorrow is the first day of the workweek, but I doubt they will straight up announce it tomorrow. They typically avoid Mondays. If that piece of the leak is accurate, it will most likely be Tuesday or Thursday.

Tuesday would be nice, then they can do First Look(s) on Thursday, and fit in a livestream next week before the US's Thanksgiving.
If my memory serves me correctly (without doing a quick five-second double-check because who has time for that let's be real), the first looks were always on a Tuesday, and both the GS and NFP initial reveals were also on either a Tuesday or Wednesday

She was Holy Roman Empress. The lands that are now modern Germany and Austria were both part of that entity.
There is a big difference between HRE and Germany. Like there is a difference between North Ireland and Ireland. Thats just not right. If they change the name and the icon from German to HRE than I'm all in. Otherwiese please not. As Austrian I can tell you, its absolutly wrong and insulting, calling our Empress a german leader.

And she was not only Empress of HRE she was Queen of a lot more things before becoming Empress, like Austria, Hungaray, Croatia, Bohemia, Transylvania, Mantua, Milan, Lodomeria and Galicia, Austrian Netherlands and Parma.

I mean I would have loved to have Austria as a civ, but I don't think that will happen. I still want Maria Theresa though. I mean if Ana Nzinga could lead Kongo I don't see Maria Theresa leading Germany as much of a stretch, not to mention we are also apparently might be getting Ludwig, who only ruled Bavaria.

So he would have disliked himself in real life? :shifty:

Anyway, I posted this one earlier:
Ludwig II: Mad King
Will spend gold freely and doesn't mind going near bankruptcy. Dislikes leaders who hoard gold and do not spend it.

Elizabeth I: Armada Portrait
Will want to continuously make trade agreements with other leaders. Dislikes leaders who do not accept her trade agreements. :lol:
It's funny but I think it could actually work.
Well he is not that much a stretch like you would think. Personaly I had no idea who he was, until is just went onto wikipedia. (Cuz i'm at work right now, so I can't go into a library. so pls keep in mind, it could be something wrong here).
He was not only King of Bavaria, he was Count of Rhine, Duke of Franconia and Duke of Swabia. All of them are parts of south Germany today.

I don't know if he disliked himself.

Unfortunately some (american?) users here follow ultra-nationalistic propaganda of 19th and 20th century germany with this pan-germanism, Maria Theresa is german, Austria is just a Bavaria, but quite surprisingly Hitler is austrian. I wonder what they think about Prague or even Netherlands.

One can hope we will get Austria instead of Germany in civ7, a state with much more interesting and cooler history to represent german speaking folks.

Rest easy though, I am quite sure Firaxis will never commit the same faux pas and make Maria Theresa lead Germany.

Elizabeth of England never ruled Britain, only England. And technically, the late monarch was not Elizabeth II, since Scotland never had a previous Queen of that name.

Apropos of more suggestions - Ranavalona-Manjaka leads the Madagascans!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom