Civilization Leader Pass: New DLC most likely coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leader Pass Japan most likely. That should be the DLC that comes with Tokugawa as leader.
It’s interesting to me that they’d lead the marketing picture we saw with (presumably) Egypt, Kongo, America and England - and then start the pass off with Germany and Japan. Not that I’d be complaining, I don’t have much to say about Tokugawa but I am infinitely curious how Ludwig will be portrayed in-game

It’s interesting to me that they’d lead the marketing picture we saw with (presumably) Egypt, Kongo, America and England - and then start the pass off with Germany and Japan. [...]
Exactly.
I don't think the DLC Depot Names mean anything. Maybe those are just the Names they gave them a while back, where they haven't yet decided which Leaders to release first. And as we know, most DLC Depots pre release had Names mostly unrelated to the Final DLC Products. Besides, if we go with LP as "Leader Pass" and GN and J as the Abreviation for the Names of the Leaders in those DLCs, LPJ would mean we will only get 1 Leader in that DLC, and GN would mean it's either 2 Leaders or a Leader and a Wonder. I highly doubt that we'll only get DLC with only 1 Leader in them, even 2 are too few if it's just Leaders that we will get.

So, FWIW, they can be Abreviations for anything if you ask me. But I guess, we'll find out soon ^^

Exactly.
I don't think the DLC Depot Names mean anything. Maybe those are just the Names they gave them a while back, where they haven't yet decided which Leaders to release first. And as we know, most DLC Depots pre release had Names mostly unrelated to the Final DLC Products. Besides, if we go with LP as "Leader Pass" and GN and J as the Abreviation for the Names of the Leaders in those DLCs, LPJ would mean we will only get 1 Leader in that DLC, and GN would mean it's either 2 Leaders or a Leader and a Wonder. I highly doubt that we'll only get DLC with only 1 Leader in them, even 2 are too few if it's just Leaders that we will get.

So, FWIW, they can be Abreviations for anything if you ask me. But I guess, we'll find out soon ^^
That's true. But according to leaks we might be getting Ludwig II and his Neuschwanstein Castle as a wonder. That would make GN be plausible and actually mean something.

Well all the odd Civs have been 1 leader per civ and all the even Civs multiple leaders per Civ, so maybe you'll be in luck for 7.

I like having multiple leaders per civ. I think my ideal for "LUA" though would actually be a return of traits ala Civ 4, with 2 traits per leader, but instead of single traits they are actually unlockable trees ala the Civ 5 social policy/civ 6 governors (and scrap the governors for 7). I wish civs developed their uniqueness more as the game went on, as well as having more uniques locked behind a civ so they played more differently.
I have thought of adding traits as an evolution of the dedications you make at the end of an age, based on what you've been doing ingame. Say in the previous age you built a bunch of boats, so now you can choose some seafaring trait. Or if you make a bunch of treaties you can get something for dipomacy. You'd be building your own leader traits and your civ would theoretically be unique through each playthrough based on geography, decisions, events etc.

I'm giving them benefit of the doubt. Honestly. I'm sure there are some issues that were very under the radar, but I think they will also not beat around the bush.

I think they'll address it by seing "We know it's been a long time, so we had a lot of time to address the outstanding issues of NFP" or something along those lines.
Yes. I mean they know what they're doing over there. They only work on what people tell them to work on.

So are we waiting for noon ET now?
Probably 11 EST, instead, given previous upload schedules, but we'll have to wait and see.

Also, will the reveal video get its own thread, or does it technically count as part of this thread?

Well there are two meanings of nation-state. One is the modern term that basically means 'country', the other is the monocultural state that became a particular force in the 19th Century. I'm not 100% sure which you mean.

I didn't mean having nation-states is intrinsically right-wing. Or having states full stop.

I mean that pushing a state to be more of a nation-state than arises organically, as in a state comprised of only one nation, and also seeing the only legitimate kind of state as a 'pure' nation-state is literally what the Nazi party and similar groups wanted, and wrote and talked about. That's a part of Nazi anti-semitism and anti-communism. Not just the ideological differences and bigotry, but a fundamental opposition to any kind of power that is spread between states. They wanted their states to be one nation, and one nation only.

And since the only way you're going to have a state be one nation is through force and suppression of any members of the 'wrong' nation, it's not going to be hugs and puppies.

(My apologies if all this is obvious stuff for you. I haven't used these boards before, although I lurk a lot).
Yes, I did mean monocultural state. The idea that a specific people had a connection with a specific land and should therefore have a say in the affairs of the state with authority over that land, was all kind of intertwined.

I understand this is often used by ultranationalists, but for instance (without wanting to get political, just for the sake of examples), you have the case of right wing "luso-tropicalists" in Portugal which use multicultural arguments to justify their daydreaming of some sort of union between Portuguese-speaking countries. And arguments from multiculturalism were common in the UK as well to justify the continuation of the commonwealth (you still hear them nowadays). On the other hand, that kind of reasoning, led to its extreme, can be weaponized against the Kurds, for instance, decrying their intent for a Kurdish state as comparable to Nazism.

Leader Pass Japan most likely. That should be the DLC that comes with Tokugawa as leader.
Though that only makes sense if GN does stand for Germany / Neuschwanstein, which is a pretty good guess.

1668527266769.png

1668527147271.png

From their youtube playlist. Don't know if the hidden videos were already there or if it's new.

Last edited:
It’s interesting to me that they’d lead the marketing picture we saw with (presumably) Egypt, Kongo, America and England - and then start the pass off with Germany and Japan. Not that I’d be complaining, I don’t have much to say about Tokugawa but I am infinitely curious how Ludwig will be portrayed in-game
Maybe it's a multi-DLC pass? This might aco**** for the "pass" name and also why those leaderw could be in the picture, but it might also contain Germany and Japan (or not).

There are also two hidden videos in the New Frontier Pass First Looks page. Not sure if those were also there already.

EDIT: Looks like the playlists were updated today.

EDIT 2: Not sure why there are new videos in the New Frontier Pass First Looks playlist unless they are planning on putting the Leader Pass First Looks there. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me personally, unless the two passes are tied together in some way.

1668527587144.png

Last edited:
So are we waiting for noon ET now?
So... You're probably right, then. I guess when Firaxis said "Tomorrow," they meant that to the literal hour. And since they released the announcement announcement at noon yesterday, then they'll release the update reveal at noon today.

I was always hopeful we might see more content when they were still taking notes on bugs and text issues post final NFP update. (At least one direct 'I'm making note' from Carl in this forum). I suppose they were being prepared in case they did decide to do more content down the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom