Civilization Requests

Did you think about addition of Czechia (Kingdom of Bohemia/ Czechoslovakia/ Czech Republic)? You can have a look in the one that I made many months before. Here it is. Add Czechs to CIV Gold please. Thanks

You might hate this suggestion, but what do you think of adding Czechoslovakia as an Empire?

I don't hate it, I agree. My opinion is that Czechs and Slovaks are one nation divided under the rule of Austria and Hungary and the Czechoslovak Empire would be even better than separate Czechia and Slovakia. The time of the first Czechoslovak Republic (1918-1938) was the age of the biggest prosperity in our history and we were practically one of the powers of the world. But it's true some Czechs and Slovaks could disagree with the Czechoslovakia as one state (minority I hope).
The first leader is clear - T.G. Masaryk, but I don't know who would be second, maybe Vaclav Havel (1989-92 president of Czechoslovakia, 1993-2003 Czech president).
UU can be Czechoslovak Legions (Czech and Slovak volunteer armed forces fighting together with the Entente powers during World War I) instead of Infantry and UB Pivovar (it's Czech and Slovak word for brewery) instead of Grocer.
List of 76 Czech and Slovak cities and towns (according to the number of inhabitants presently):
Spoiler :

Praha (Prague)
Bratislava
Brno
Ostrava
Kosice
Plzen
Olomouc
Liberec
Ceske Budejovice
Hradec Kralove
Usti nad Labem
Presov
Pardubice
Nitra
Zilina
Havirov
Banska Bystrica
Zlin
Kladno
Trnava
Most
Karvina
Frydek-Mistek
Opava
Martin
Trencin
Poprad
Karlovy Vary
Decin
Prievidza
Chomutov
Teplice
Jihlava
Prerov
Prostejov
Jablonec nad Nisou
Mlada Boleslav
Zvolen
Povazska Bystrica
Nove Zamky
Michalovce
Ceska Lipa
Trinec
Trebic
Spisska Nova Ves
Komarno
Tabor
Levice
Pribram
Znojmo
Humenne
Orlova
Bardejov
Liptovsky Mikulas
Cheb
Trutnov
Kolin
Ruzomberok
Piestany
Pisek
Sumperk
Vsetin
Kromeriz
Topolcany
Lucenec
Hodonin
Valasske Mezirici
Litvinov
Novy Jicin
Uherske Hradiste
Breclav
Cadca
Dubnica nad Vahom
Cesky Tesin
Krnov
Sokolov

Batavii civ, the germanic/celtic tribe that inhabbited the Rhine land of the Netherlands during the Roman empire, and the people with a revolution that almost made the Roman empire fall. (300 years before it actually fell) but they didn't come that far because the Gauls didn't trust them.

Flag: there is no flag known of them, but I think a red banner with a black aries in the middle would suit them.

Techs:Hunting, Fishing

Colour: Red

Leader: Gaius Iulius Civilis (protective, organized)

UU: Alae Miliaria (replaces horse archer)
should look like a Praetorian riding a horse
+ 1 move & Amphibious promotion

UB: Something with water or horses

Only the latin name of the cities remained, but hey, it'll work out.

Capital: Oppidum Batavorum

Cities: Mosa Trajectum
Trier (yes, at a certain point it was Batavian)
Traiectum
Flevum
Albanianis
Coriovallum
Feresnes
Blariaco
Forum Hadriani
Burungum
Colonia Agrippensia
Vetera
Tungrorum
Calo
Carvium
Lauri
Pullum
Fletione
Castra Herculis
Grinnibus

Well atleast they're in someway :D :D

With the information you have given here i might add them to my list of civs to create. Atleast then if they are created you can play them untill WYZ adds them to civGOLD, and it takes some pressure off when and IF he diecides to create them. If you could pm me with more specific information about them I could get to work on them soon ;)

If you want to see this make the cut for version 4.0 (due at the end of the month), there are some things you can help with.

I don't know if anything has gone forward on this, but if you still want some help getting the Czechoslovak Empire off the ground and can use the services of someone with no coding skills whatsoever, I can pitch in.

Batavii civ, the germanic/celtic tribe that inhabbited the Rhine land of the Netherlands during the Roman empire, and the people with a revolution that almost made the Roman empire fall. (300 years before it actually fell) but they didn't come that far because the Gauls didn't trust them.

Flag: there is no flag known of them, but I think a red banner with a black aries in the middle would suit them.

Techs:Hunting, Fishing

Colour: Red

Leader: Gaius Iulius Civilis (protective, organized)

UU: Alae Miliaria (replaces horse archer)
should look like a Praetorian riding a horse
+ 1 move & Amphibious promotion

UB: Something with water or horses

Only the latin name of the cities remained, but hey, it'll work out.

Capital: Oppidum Batavorum

Cities: Mosa Trajectum
Trier (yes, at a certain point it was Batavian)
Traiectum
Flevum
Albanianis
Coriovallum
Feresnes
Blariaco
Forum Hadriani
Burungum
Colonia Agrippensia
Vetera
Tungrorum
Calo
Carvium
Lauri
Pullum
Fletione
Castra Herculis
Grinnibus

Good news Pay-t I'm currently working on a Bavatii civ. I doubt Wyz will include them, but atleast you can play as them.:D It should be done in a week or 2 so keep an eye on the new civs forum :mischief:

Cheers
Aranor

If given approval and it meets CIV GOLDS requirements.... I have no problems programming this in for this release WYZ. It is only taking me about 1 hour/civ now.

And frankly I love it... IMHO

If given approval and it meets CIV GOLDS requirements.... I have no problems programming this in for this release WYZ. It is only taking me about 1 hour/civ now.

And frankly I love it... IMHO

You might as well set it up for Plug-n-Play. (I'll email you some thoughts on this, overall)

As for including it in Gold, let's look at time. Certainly not fundamentally against it.

You might as well set it up for Plug-n-Play. (I'll email you some thoughts on this, overall)

As for including it in Gold, let's look at time. Certainly not fundamentally against it.

While I have no issue with you including it to your list of included civs. I know what kind of time crunch you guys are under. So I'd vote to exclude it until a later release.:mischief:

I don't know if anything has gone forward on this, but if you still want some help getting the Czechoslovak Empire off the ground and can use the services of someone with no coding skills whatsoever, I can pitch in.

Czech-Slovak Empire is in, and I think we should be okay for info. But thanks for the offer - I may come back to you on it.

Czech-Slovak Empire is in, and I think we should be okay for info. But thanks for the offer - I may come back to you on it.

No trouble--happy to help out on my favorite Mod!

Caribs (native American Caribbean people)
Leader: I dunno
Cities: Probably gonna have to resort to naming individual islands as cities. Dominica should be the capital though.

^ For this one we might have to do some researching.
--------------------
Mexico
Leaders: Possibly Santa Ana
Cities:
Mexico City
Monterrey
Merida
Cancun
Guadalajara
Puebla
Toluca
Tijuana
Leon
Ciudad Juárez
Torreón

To name a few. List can be easily expanded. I don't know much about mexico (other then vacation spots :D ) So i don't know what should be the unique building and unit.
---------------------
Bulgaria
Leader: Any ideas?
Unique Building/unit: Any ideas?
Cities: (in alphabetical Order)
* Aytos
* Asenovgrad
* Blagoevgrad
* Botevgrad
* Burgas
* Dimitrovgrad
* Dobrich
* Dupnitsa
* Elena
* Gabrovo
* Gorna Oryahovitsa
* Gotse Delchev
* Harmanli
* Haskovo
* Karlovo
* Karnobat
* Kazanlak
* Kardzhali
* Kyustendil
* Lom
* Lovech
* Montana
* Nova Zagora
* Pazardzhik
* Pernik
* Peshtera
* Petrich
* Pleven
* Plovdiv
* Razgrad
* Rousse
* Samokov
* Sandanski
* Sevlievo
* Shumen
* Silistra
* Sliven
* Smolyan
* Sofia
* Stara Zagora
* Svishtov
* Targovishte
* Troyan
* Varna
* Veliko Tarnovo
* Velingrad
* Vidin
* Vratsa
* Yambol
------------------------
It might be interesting to be the barbarians, (except you actually expand/do everything else like other civs)
------------------------
Yugoslavia: (will include all former yugoslavian countries)
Leader: Tito (i geuss)
Unique Building/unit: I'll research sometime soon
Cities: I can put it togather easily but not enough time to now. Seriously i may be lazy but any one of you can do it easily)
------------------------
Basque
Leader: Hard to chose as most basque politicians and generals etc worked for spain or france. We can find one.
Cities: I'll just find a basque city list.
Unique Building/unit: Gotta research this to.
-----------------------
I noticed the Hittites aren't on. i know nothing about them though.
-----------------------
Switzerland:
Leader: Going through the list.
Unique Building: A bank?
Unique Unit: i have a good book on swiss history i'm researching right now.
Cities:
1.Bern
2.Zürich
3.Geneva
4.Lausanne
5.Basel
6.Lucerne
7.Winterthur
8.Biel
9.Chur
10.Lugano
-----------------------
South Africa:
Leader: Any suggestions?
Unique Building/Unit: dunno yet.
Cities: Get south african city list.
-----------------------
Just and idea but Sri Lanka?
-----------------------
Olmecs
Leader: No clue at all
Unique Building/unit No clue
Cities: No clue
-----------------------
A Central Asian Civ
----------------------
Myanmar/Burma also would be a possibility.
-----------------------
And so i end my post with this list:
Caribs
Mexico
Bulgaria
Yugoslavia
Basques
Switzerland
South Africa
Olmecs
A Central Asian Civ
Myanmar/burma