Yugoslavia --> not in
Basques --> not in
Switzerland --> not in
South Africa --> in 4.0
Olmecs --> in 4.0
A Central Asian Civ --> many new ones in 4.0
Myanmar/burma --> not in

Ok one i foregot is Kurdistan.

Oh and can you update the Welcome page and put in the new civs that are in 4.0 as a future reference?

There will be more civ's possibally added even after the inital release of civ gold 4.0... Inital release may put the CIV total over 100 CIV's.... but again the nice thing is.... Civ gold 4.0 is modular... a new civ may be added by just giving you a new folder to add to your existing collection.

Maybe it's an idea to put the Austria-Hungary empire in it as well. They played a significant role in our more recent history (like the beginning of First World War). I know they're already in the game seperate but still..
A more older civ could be the Venetians. They played a very important role as a trading nation in the middle ages. UU could be the legendary Venetian Galley that was found in the delta of Venice recently. It was the first known trading ship that had soldiers on board.
Because I study history I will check my books on some interresting civs. Would be more than happy to come with some idea's :)

Agnello Participazio would be the most logical leader because he established trade routes by sea and made the city how it looks today. The only problem with this civ are the cities, because its kind of like a city state. I however found some cities that were under venetian control for several century's.
Capital: Venice
Zara
Spalato
Ragusa
Verona
Padua
Treviso
Bergamo

The civs leader should be Expansive/Financial

I also found some articles about a civ called the Garamantes. It was a tribe that lived in modern day Libya.
The Garamantes constructed a network of underground tunnels and shafts to mine the fossil water from under the limestone layer under the desert sand. In that way they were able to construct a form of agriculture. According to scipts from herodotus and Roman generals the Garamantian empire was on it's high point around the year 150 when then empire stretched out to modern nigeria. The empire eventually fell because they ran out of water.
The remains of this civ where the last Christian civ in the North of Africa before becomming part of the Ottoman Empire around the year 668.
I could only find 5mayor city names, allthough there should be much more barried under the Sahara surface.
the capital: Gamara (modern Germa)
Zinchecra
Uan Muhuggiag (known for the 'black mummy')
Gasr esc-Scheraba
Saniat Gebril

Civs leader should be Tacfarinas, allthough he's from Nubian descent he commanded the Garamantian people in raids, and eventually war, against the roman empire. He should be Aggressive, Financial.

UU should be the Garamtian Chariot (they copied it from the Egyptians which they where closely related to). They used this chariot for 'hunting' Ethiopians.

I think this would be the first time that the Garamantes are in a game, because this remarkable ancient desert civilization is only known since excavations in 2004 :) They're also know as 'the Kingdom of the Sands'

Maybe it's an idea to put the Austria-Hungary empire in it as well. They played a significant role in our more recent history (like the beginning of First World War). I know they're already in the game seperate but still..
A more older civ could be the Venetians. They played a very important role as a trading nation in the middle ages. UU could be the legendary Venetian Galley that was found in the delta of Venice recently. It was the first known trading ship that had soldiers on board.
Because I study history I will check my books on some interresting civs. Would be more than happy to come with some idea's :)

Austria and Hungary are both in already as separate civs.

Austria and Hungary are both in already as separate civs.

I know, sad it already, but a combination of those two civs would look more logical. Combined they have a pretty interesting past.
what do you think of the venetian civ by the way?

How about Numidia?

Existed from 202 BC - 25 BC- still traces after Roman, Vandal and Arab conquest. Was allied to Carthage and supplied them with mercenaires. Was a free state until capture by the Roman Empire.

Leader: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massinissa (Agressive, philisophical)

Cities:
Cirta
Lambaesis
Thamugadi
Vescera
Gemellae
Zarai
Caspa
Thugga
Bulla Regia
Hippo Regius
Mulucha
Madauros

UU: Javelin thrower (replaces spearman)
UB: Possibly something to replace the stable.

Info links:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Numidia
http://www.fortunecity.com/skyscraper/ballard/168/nimble.html#-- info on people, military, etc.

Hope it's good enough.

~Hiram.

How about Numidia?

Existed from 202 BC - 25 BC- still traces after Roman, Vandal and Arab conquest. Was allied to Carthage and supplied them with mercenaires. Was a free state until capture by the Roman Empire.

Leader: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massinissa (Agressive, philisophical)

Cities:
Cirta
Lambaesis
Thamugadi
Vescera
Gemellae
Zarai
Caspa
Thugga
Bulla Regia
Hippo Regius
Mulucha
Madauros

UU: Javelin thrower (replaces spearman)
UB: Possibly something to replace the stable.

Info links:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Numidia
http://www.fortunecity.com/skyscraper/ballard/168/nimble.html#-- info on people, military, etc.

Hope it's good enough.

~Hiram.

Numidia is a good idea, and I believe someone has already created a cool Masinissa leaderhead. The only issue is that Firaxis uses Numidian Cavalry as the Carthage UU.

Numidia is a good idea, and I believe someone has already created a cool Masinissa leaderhead. The only issue is that Firaxis uses Numidian Cavalry as the Carthage UU.

That was on my mind, though I read up on them and apparently they were also known for having Javelins as their main infantry weapon, thus I chose Javelin thrower as an appropriate UU. The unit animation could be re-skinned off a Petalst, which I think someone has created.

~Hiram.

That was on my mind, though I read up on them and apparently they were also known for having Javelins as their main infantry weapon, thus I chose Javelin thrower as an appropriate UU. The unit animation could be re-skinned off a Petalst, which I think someone has created.

~Hiram.

Infact many of the North African people used Javalins and light skrimish styles of warfare as heavier infatry was not practical in the heat of the Desert. Interestingly enough they did not use many archers as the dry heat from the desert shortened the life of the bows as they became brittle from the exposure hense the reason why the used javalins.

P.S If no one wants to create Numidia soon I will take it up and add it to my list of civs to create. It is also on my list for expansions of the EBCIV project so creating it now will give us a head start!

Caribs (native American Caribbean people)
Leader: I dunno
Cities: Probably gonna have to resort to naming individual islands as cities. Dominica should be the capital though.

^ For this one we might have to do some researching.
--------------------
Mexico
Leaders: Possibly Santa Ana
Cities:
Mexico City
Monterrey
Merida
Cancun
Guadalajara
Puebla
Toluca
Tijuana
Leon
Ciudad Juárez
Torreón

To name a few. List can be easily expanded. I don't know much about mexico (other then vacation spots :D ) So i don't know what should be the unique building and unit.
---------------------
Bulgaria
Leader: Any ideas?
Unique Building/unit: Any ideas?
Cities: (in alphabetical Order)
* Aytos
* Asenovgrad
* Blagoevgrad
* Botevgrad
* Burgas
* Dimitrovgrad
* Dobrich
* Dupnitsa
* Elena
* Gabrovo
* Gorna Oryahovitsa
* Gotse Delchev
* Harmanli
* Haskovo
* Karlovo
* Karnobat
* Kazanlak
* Kardzhali
* Kyustendil
* Lom
* Lovech
* Montana
* Nova Zagora
* Pazardzhik
* Pernik
* Peshtera
* Petrich
* Pleven
* Plovdiv
* Razgrad
* Rousse
* Samokov
* Sandanski
* Sevlievo
* Shumen
* Silistra
* Sliven
* Smolyan
* Sofia
* Stara Zagora
* Svishtov
* Targovishte
* Troyan
* Varna
* Veliko Tarnovo
* Velingrad
* Vidin
* Vratsa
* Yambol
------------------------
It might be interesting to be the barbarians, (except you actually expand/do everything else like other civs)
------------------------
Yugoslavia: (will include all former yugoslavian countries)
Leader: Tito (i geuss)
Unique Building/unit: I'll research sometime soon
Cities: I can put it togather easily but not enough time to now. Seriously i may be lazy but any one of you can do it easily)
------------------------
Basque
Leader: Hard to chose as most basque politicians and generals etc worked for spain or france. We can find one.
Cities: I'll just find a basque city list.
Unique Building/unit: Gotta research this to.
-----------------------
I noticed the Hittites aren't on. i know nothing about them though.
-----------------------
Switzerland:
Leader: Going through the list.
Unique Building: A bank?
Unique Unit: i have a good book on swiss history i'm researching right now.
Cities:
1.Bern
2.Zürich
3.Geneva
4.Lausanne
5.Basel
6.Lucerne
7.Winterthur
8.Biel
9.Chur
10.Lugano
-----------------------
South Africa:
Leader: Any suggestions?
Unique Building/Unit: dunno yet.
Cities: Get south african city list.
-----------------------
Just and idea but Sri Lanka?
-----------------------
Olmecs
Leader: No clue at all
Unique Building/unit No clue
Cities: No clue
-----------------------
A Central Asian Civ
----------------------
Myanmar/Burma also would be a possibility.
-----------------------
And so i end my post with this list:
Caribs
Mexico
Bulgaria
Yugoslavia
Basques
Switzerland
South Africa
Olmecs
A Central Asian Civ
Myanmar/burma

How about Uyghurs , Hsiung-nu , tartar or Kazakh

How about Uyghurs , Hsiung-nu , tartar or Kazakh

Uyghurs are already planned for inclusion, as are the Buryats, Kush, Baktrians, Harappan, Vedics and Oxus - all from Central/East Asia, and the Yanghsao from China, Ainu and Jomon from Japan.

Guaraní was one of the most important tribal groups of South America, formerly living mostly between the Uruguay and lower Paraguay Rivers in what is now Paraguay, and the Corrientes and Entre Rios Provinces of Argentina..

Coming back to this after several months - the Guarani are in 4.0, but as the Tupi. (Tupi-Guarani family). This may not be exactly what you were thinking, but hopefully it's close.

TheLastOne36, I already created a Basque civilization, which you can find a link to in my signature. Yugoslavia was so short-lived and insignificant it doesn't warrant being released in CIV Gold, especially since many of the countries that it was comprised of are already present.

Manchuria , Taiwan , Tibet , Siam

Tibet and Siam are already in. You should probably check out the full list before requesting. :)

Manchuria may make it in future versions, as there is an excellent Manchuria civ currently available. I'll look into Taiwan for a future release, but am not sure.

Top Bottom