1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civilization Requests

Discussion in 'Civ4 - CIV Gold' started by Wyz_sub10, Sep 27, 2006.

1. Wyz_sub10

Wyz_sub10 CIV Gold - Project Lead

Caribs --> not in (maybe future)
    Mexico --> in 4.0
    Bulgaria --> in 4.0
    Yugoslavia --> not in
    Basques --> not in
    Switzerland --> not in
    South Africa --> in 4.0
    Olmecs --> in 4.0
    A Central Asian Civ --> many new ones in 4.0
    Myanmar/burma --> not in

2. TheLastOne36

TheLastOne36 Deity

Ok one i foregot is Kurdistan.

Oh and can you update the Welcome page and put in the new civs that are in 4.0 as a future reference?

3. purplexus

purplexus Prince

There will be more civ's possibally added even after the inital release of civ gold 4.0... Inital release may put the CIV total over 100 CIV's.... but again the nice thing is.... Civ gold 4.0 is modular... a new civ may be added by just giving you a new folder to add to your existing collection.

4. Elsid1986

Elsid1986 Chieftain

Maybe it's an idea to put the Austria-Hungary empire in it as well. They played a significant role in our more recent history (like the beginning of First World War). I know they're already in the game seperate but still..
    A more older civ could be the Venetians. They played a very important role as a trading nation in the middle ages. UU could be the legendary Venetian Galley that was found in the delta of Venice recently. It was the first known trading ship that had soldiers on board.
    Because I study history I will check my books on some interresting civs. Would be more than happy to come with some idea's :)

5. Elsid1986

Elsid1986 Chieftain

Agnello Participazio would be the most logical leader because he established trade routes by sea and made the city how it looks today. The only problem with this civ are the cities, because its kind of like a city state. I however found some cities that were under venetian control for several century's.
    Capital: Venice
    Zara
    Spalato
    Ragusa
    Verona
    Padua
    Treviso
    Bergamo

The civs leader should be Expansive/Financial

6. Elsid1986

Elsid1986 Chieftain

I also found some articles about a civ called the Garamantes. It was a tribe that lived in modern day Libya.
    The Garamantes constructed a network of underground tunnels and shafts to mine the fossil water from under the limestone layer under the desert sand. In that way they were able to construct a form of agriculture. According to scipts from herodotus and Roman generals the Garamantian empire was on it's high point around the year 150 when then empire stretched out to modern nigeria. The empire eventually fell because they ran out of water.
    The remains of this civ where the last Christian civ in the North of Africa before becomming part of the Ottoman Empire around the year 668.
    I could only find 5mayor city names, allthough there should be much more barried under the Sahara surface.
    the capital: Gamara (modern Germa)
    Zinchecra
    Uan Muhuggiag (known for the 'black mummy')
    Gasr esc-Scheraba
    Saniat Gebril

Civs leader should be Tacfarinas, allthough he's from Nubian descent he commanded the Garamantian people in raids, and eventually war, against the roman empire. He should be Aggressive, Financial.

UU should be the Garamtian Chariot (they copied it from the Egyptians which they where closely related to). They used this chariot for 'hunting' Ethiopians.

I think this would be the first time that the Garamantes are in a game, because this remarkable ancient desert civilization is only known since excavations in 2004 :) They're also know as 'the Kingdom of the Sands'

7. Elsid1986

Elsid1986 Chieftain

starting techs should be pottery and agriculture

8. Wyz_sub10

Austria and Hungary are both in already as separate civs.

9. Elsid1986

Elsid1986 Chieftain

I know, sad it already, but a combination of those two civs would look more logical. Combined they have a pretty interesting past.
    what do you think of the venetian civ by the way?

10. Wyz_sub10

Not a bad idea considering the history. It won't make the 4.0 cut, though, but we can revisit it after the next expansion.

11. Hiram

Hiram XML Plebian

How about Numidia?

Existed from 202 BC - 25 BC- still traces after Roman, Vandal and Arab conquest. Was allied to Carthage and supplied them with mercenaires. Was a free state until capture by the Roman Empire.

Leader: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massinissa (Agressive, philisophical)

Cities:
    Cirta
    Lambaesis
    Thamugadi
    Vescera
    Gemellae
    Zarai
    Caspa
    Thugga
    Bulla Regia
    Hippo Regius
    Mulucha
    Madauros

UU: Javelin thrower (replaces spearman)
    UB: Possibly something to replace the stable.

Info links:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Numidia
    http://www.fortunecity.com/skyscraper/ballard/168/nimble.html#-- info on people, military, etc.

Hope it's good enough.

~Hiram.

12. Wyz_sub10

Numidia is a good idea, and I believe someone has already created a cool Masinissa leaderhead. The only issue is that Firaxis uses Numidian Cavalry as the Carthage UU.

13. Hiram

Hiram XML Plebian

That was on my mind, though I read up on them and apparently they were also known for having Javelins as their main infantry weapon, thus I chose Javelin thrower as an appropriate UU. The unit animation could be re-skinned off a Petalst, which I think someone has created.

~Hiram.

14. Aranor

Aranor Emperor

Infact many of the North African people used Javalins and light skrimish styles of warfare as heavier infatry was not practical in the heat of the Desert. Interestingly enough they did not use many archers as the dry heat from the desert shortened the life of the bows as they became brittle from the exposure hense the reason why the used javalins.

P.S If no one wants to create Numidia soon I will take it up and add it to my list of civs to create. It is also on my list for expansions of the EBCIV project so creating it now will give us a head start!

15. Kao'chai

Kao'chai Newbie in Modding

How about Uyghurs , Hsiung-nu , tartar or Kazakh

16. Wyz_sub10

Uyghurs are already planned for inclusion, as are the Buryats, Kush, Baktrians, Harappan, Vedics and Oxus - all from Central/East Asia, and the Yanghsao from China, Ainu and Jomon from Japan.

17. Wyz_sub10

Coming back to this after several months - the Guarani are in 4.0, but as the Tupi. (Tupi-Guarani family). This may not be exactly what you were thinking, but hopefully it's close.

18. Shqype

Shqype Shqyptar

TheLastOne36, I already created a Basque civilization, which you can find a link to in my signature. Yugoslavia was so short-lived and insignificant it doesn't warrant being released in CIV Gold, especially since many of the countries that it was comprised of are already present.

19. Kao'chai

Kao'chai Newbie in Modding

Manchuria , Taiwan , Tibet , Siam

20. Wyz_sub10

Tibet and Siam are already in. You should probably check out the full list before requesting. :)

Manchuria may make it in future versions, as there is an excellent Manchuria civ currently available. I'll look into Taiwan for a future release, but am not sure.