Civilization Requests

I always thought it would be interesting to have Luxembourg in Civ.

Civ: Luxembourg
Leader: Jean I Grand Duke of Luxembourg Fiancial, Protactive
UU: M7 LAW (Replaces SAM Infantry)
UB: Some kind of Factory with like +25% Gold

Cities:
Luxembourg City
Esch-Uelzecht
Déifferdeng
Diddeleng
Ettelbréck
Dikrech
Echternach
Rëmeleng
Wolz
Gréiwemaacher
Réimech
Veianen

how about texas republic

Donkey Puncher said:
how about texas republic

At this time I won't have an opportunity to help out with this request. (busy with the Plug and play Modular files for CIV GOLD 4.0 and the Unique Names for the Unique Units)

When I do have the time I could help you out even though I am not so sure I agree with it I can see how you would want a Texas Republic. I think I have seen a civ already created for Texas Republic, Would you want me to get my information from there? I am not totally familar with Texas would you want To collaborate with me and make a totally brand new one? Gimme some more info for later. (what would their Unique Unit be... Unique Building... Leaders... Leader Traits... Capital and Cities... Need some unique phrases for their select/order... Diplomacy Music.. Diplomacy First contact phrase... Unique Names for their Unique Names... I might have missed something) You will need to someone to create the art for the above for things that require art. The music/sounds I can work on that is my specialty.

Remember that when you create a civ for Civ gold it has to have Pedia Entries.. Strategy Info.. Animated leaderheads.. basically it has to be as good in quality as if Firaxis themselves created it. Look for us putting it together and submitting well into the future as we are preparing for Ver 4.0 soon.

A-Rod_NY said:
Wyz, if you go for a latin american civ, then I'll vouch for Venezuela. They're the most powerful of hispanic nations today, and the region is under-represented other than the indigenous cultures.

Hi A-Rod_NY,

We'll be adding another South American civs in 4.0, but I think it'll be representative of all the Bolivar countries - Panama, Venzuela, Bolivia, Colombia.

The decision to make is what to call it:

- Bolivian Empire
- Venezuelan Empire
- Colombian empire

aman2192 said:
I always thought it would be interesting to have Luxembourg in Civ.

Civ: Luxembourg
Leader: Jean I Grand Duke of Luxembourg Fiancial, Protactive
UU: M7 LAW (Replaces SAM Infantry)
UB: Some kind of Factory with like +25% Gold

Not against this at all, but I'm afraid it would be down the line sometime.

Donkey Puncher said:
how about texas republic

As above, it would have to be down the line. But at this time, I'm not sure I see it as a good fit with the Gold concept.

- Bolivian Empire
- Venezuelan Empire
- Colombian empire

I was actually going to suggest something like Latin American Union

I thought it was strange that every "Civ" was called an empire, when in reality it doesnt have to be called such.

For example im preparing to rename the Hunnic empire the Hunnic Horde, as i renamed the Iroquois Empire the Iroquois Nation.

etc....

on a side note, i was preparing an "add-on" for civ gold wtih many many more traits, trying to limit the leaderheads to 2 per a combination. I wont have it ready anytime soon, but Im working on it if your interested.

Edgecrusher said:
For example im preparing to rename the Hunnic empire the Hunnic Horde, as i renamed the Iroquois Empire the Iroquois Nation.

I like this idea. Doing a add-on mod for Gold might be something to think about. :) BTW, I think the most relevant historical term for Iroquois would be the "Iroquois Confederacy".

on a side note, i was preparing an "add-on" for civ gold wtih many many more traits, trying to limit the leaderheads to 2 per a combination. I wont have it ready anytime soon, but Im working on it if your interested.

I'm interested. Would be a great add-on! I'm not as concerned with restricting replication as I am about being a bit broader in scope to allow for greater historical accuracy.

What about a civilization base on the Republic of Haiti? While not a major player currently, it was big news when the African slaves revolted against the French colonial rule, back when they were the colony of Saint-Dominique (this happened in 1790,) they defeated the French and declared the second Republic in the New World, they went on to defend their Republic from the English and Spanish. Eventually conquering the whole island of Hispaniola. Sadly this revolution has been mostly forgotten by Western historians, you may have to dig a bit to uncover the full story.

Leader and Suggested Traits:
1: Toussaint L’Ouverture – Protective/creative
2: Jean Jacques Dessalines – Aggressive/organized

Unique Unit and Suggested Replacement:
Haitian Brigade (Strength 10, Movement 2, Cost 80, Special Abilities Guerilla II. replaces Musketman

Unique Building and Suggested Replacement
I’m not so sure about this one. The country is very poor, and agriculture remains very important, so perhaps a granary or grocer, perhaps incorporating the Voudoun or Voodoo tradition, like the Apothecary for the Persian Empire.

Cities:
1: Port-au-Prince (capital)
2: Cap-Haïtien
3: Carrefour
4: Croix-des-Bouquets
5: Delmas
6: Desarmes
7: Desdunes
8: Dessalines
9: Fond-Parisien
10: Fort-Liberté

i think it has been discussed before, but i was just wondering if CivGold will sơn include any of the ancient mediterranean civs, e.g., the minoans, trojans, etc.

I'd love to do news civs for Japan, India and China. Grouping them like this doesn't do justice to their histories.

If someone wants to take the lead on design, we could do this.

Thats good news! I am always short of Asian Civs leader heads when building historical scenarios.

I am willing to help if you need help on background research on those civs, such as civ's description, city list, leaders etc.

Thats good news! I am always short of Asian Civs leader heads when building historical scenarios.

I am willing to help if you need help on background research on those civs, such as civ's description, city list, leaders etc.

We'll be adding 5 ancient Asian civs:

Harappan (Pakistan/India)
Oxus (Turkmenistan)
Vedic (India)
Yangshao (China)
Jomon (Japan)

If you want to take a crack at pedia entries for those, that would be great. Please use wikipedia as a starting point, and take a look at existing Gold entries for format, length, etc.

Thanks!

We'll be adding 5 ancient Asian civs:

Harappan (Pakistan/India)
Oxus (Turkmenistan)
Vedic (India)
Yangshao (China)
Jomon (Japan)

If you want to take a crack at pedia entries for those, that would be great. Please use wikipedia as a starting point, and take a look at existing Gold entries for format, length, etc.

Thanks!

I am happy to do that, but can I make suggestion to the selection of the civs first?

As a native Chinese and history buff, I am certain that Yangshao is not really a name of a civilization. It is a name of a modern town that some ancient ruin was found in there. Chinese civilization is the direct descendant of Yangshao culture, so making it a seperate civ sounds really strange to me. Similarly for Vedic and Jomon, they are just a name of an ancient period of Indian and Japanese correspondingly. Harappan is ok because it is an extincted civ and I am not too familiar with Oxus.

I would suggest the following list as an alternative for your consideration:

Yuezhi/Kushan (Central Asia)
Harappan (West India/Pakistan)
Tamil (South India)
Bengali (East India)
Yue (Southern China)
Manchuria (North Eastern China)

I think this list covers Asia better geographically, together with the existing civs.

Extra leaderhead could be consider, however, for Chinese, Indian and Japanese to cover those period that you suggested. And it is after all your call, so please let me know what you think and I am still happy to help if you for any reason would like to use your original list of civs.

I'd like to request Yugoslavia:
Leader: Tito (charismatic, financial), favourite civic: State Property

Unique Building: Collectivized Factory (replaces factory; I'm not sure about its properties)
Unique Unit: AVNOJ Partisan (replaces SAM Infantry with a guerilla promotion)

How about the Cherokee Nation?

Leaders: Yonaguska (Spiritual, Protective); Kooweskoowe (Organized, Protective)

UB: Reservation (replaces courthouse; increased culture)
UU: Cherokee Warrior (replaces warrior with a medic promotion)

Added Great Scientist: Seqoya
Added Warlord Names: Junaluska, Nancy Ward

How about the Cherokee Nation?

Leaders: Yonaguska (Spiritual, Protective); Kooweskoowe (Organized, Protective)

UB: Reservation (replaces courthouse; increased culture)
UU: Cherokee Warrior (replaces warrior with a medic promotion)

Added Great Scientist: Seqoya
Added Warlord Names: Junaluska, Nancy Ward

The Cherokee will be part of the upcoming Aniyonega Empire, which includes the Seminoles and other southeastern civs.

I'd like to request Yugoslavia:
Leader: Tito (charismatic, financial), favourite civic: State Property

Unique Building: Collectivized Factory (replaces factory; I'm not sure about its properties)
Unique Unit: AVNOJ Partisan (replaces SAM Infantry with a guerilla promotion)

Definite future possibility.

I would like to request more Unique units, or more units in general. I love CIV Gold and everything that it has, but I recently downloaded a Fantasy mod (Jaoenese Mythology for those wondering) anyway it hads like 50 new units on it, which was very cool in terms of the war mechanic, you could actually build a divers army instead of 20 Trebuchets, and 15 Macemen. I am not sure how much work that would be but I think that would be great to diversifie (spelled wrong I know) the units.

Example, you could have Samurai, Samurai Archer, Samurai Longbowman, Samurai Spearman, like in the Japanese mod I played.

Just a thought, hope you could do this.

It would be so cool if Denmark was added as a playable civ. I saw a mod with Denmark, but didnt really like it (possibly because the leader wasnt animated ;) )

Denmark (Danish Empire)
Suggested leaders (with suggested traits):
Margaret I (Organized and Protective/Spiritual)
Should definately be a leader for Denmark.

Gorm the Old (Spiritual and Protective)
Christian IV (Financial and Industrious)
King Canute the Great (Aggresive and Protective)
Could be fun to have the disastrous Christian IV as a second leader :D

Starting Techs:
Hunting and Fishing

Unique Unit:
Longboat (replace either trireme or caravel, cant remember if caravels can enter oceans)
Gains an extra movement point, and can enter ocean.
The vikings were skilled explorers, discovering parts of north america before columbus was even born. Could be that this unit is a little too "viking" for a pure danish civ though.

Berserker could also be too "viking" for Denmark.

For a more modern unit, maybe Home Guards will do? I have no idea!

Any ideas on other unique units?

Unique Building:
Amusement Park (dont know which building to replace)
Considering Denmark has the oldest amusement parks in the world, this could be interesting. "Tivoli" could be a great wonder? ;)

I was actually considering Danish Bakeries as a unique building, but it just sounds too stupid :D

Burial Mounds is another option, as well as, perhabs, Runestones, which is also closely related to the vikings.

Any ideas on other unique buildings?

Cities:
Copenhagen or Hedeby as founding city (Copenhagen for more modern Denmark, Hedeby for ancient Denmark)
Ribe
Aarhus
Roskilde
Aalborg
Naestved
Odense
Esbjerg
Holbaek
Kalundborg
Koge
Helsingor
Vejle
Kolding
Randers
Horsens
Fredericia
Aabenraa

Cant think on anything else right now. The color should be red, and the flag should be either dannebrog (the national flag) or three crowns perhabs?

Dont flame me, I really dont know a lot about danish history!

- Aedan

Top Bottom