1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civilization Requests

Discussion in 'Civ4 - CIV Gold' started by Wyz_sub10, Sep 27, 2006.

1. Wyz_sub10

Wyz_sub10 CIV Gold - Project Lead

Hmmmm...sort of. We have an initial expansion planned - much smaller than 3 or 4, and with a definite theme.

2. Black Sunshine

Black Sunshine Chieftain

Am I the only one that's missing the Pirate Civ with Henry Morgan as the leader or what? I could've sworn it was in previous versions.

3. Fierabras

Fierabras Chieftain

That must have been Amra's modpack (a BTS version is in production). We never had a Pirate civ in CIV Gold.

4. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

Indeed: Amra's BTS version will still have Pirates. Yarrr!

5. Amra

Amra the Lion

That's right and I'll have Anne Bonny as another Pirate leader in BtS. Things have slowed down just a bit on my modpack this week, though, as I am taking a break to help Wyz out here & do some preview images for CIV Gold. It's taking longer than I thought it would as (no surprise) there are a LOT of leaders in CIV Gold!!! :crazyeye:

6. Black Sunshine

Black Sunshine Chieftain

Thanks, I thought I was going crazy.

7. Wyz_sub10

Well...you still may be going crazy, but not because of that. :p

8. Anthraxus899

Anthraxus899 Chieftain

A good civilization to add might be Switzerland, you could have Adrian von Bubenberg as a leader, Swiss Mercenaries (pikemen) as a unique unit and the Swiss Banking System (bank) could be the unique building.

9. Nekator

Nekator Master of Desaster

Austria- Hungary and especially Venetia would be very nice. The same for Switzerland.. one of my favourite countries :)

Since i´m atm downloading the new 4.0 version and saw Franco in it - why not also include Hitler ? Would be nice for some modern settings.. or is there an absoulte no go reason for him in Civ Gold ?

Speaking of Leaders for existing mods - how about Nero for Rome ? I think he´s one of the most interesting and well known rulers of the Empire.

well that´s just some thoughts from me, thanks anyways for this very great mod and all your work!

10. Wyz_sub10

I'm considering Switzerland, as there are some good scenario options possible. Austria and Hungary are already included in 4.0 as separate civs.

Hitler will be available in an upcoming add-on.

We are considering Nero or Caligula as an additional Roman leader.

Thank you!

11. ewu.7waker

ewu.7waker Benin Monarch

again, even if in vain, i request the kingdom of Benin.

12. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

Benin, that would equal Togo, right? Wasn't that already in there? Or am I being :confused: here?

13. ewu.7waker

ewu.7waker Benin Monarch

No, the Kingdom of Benin is different from the Republic of Benin. The Bight of Benin is named after the kingdom and the republic is named after the Bight. The actual Kingdom of Benin originally started as a village called Ile Ibinu, and then expanded to include southwestern nigeria and even stretched into modern day Benin, Togo, and Ghana. IMO a great option to fill the medieval sub-saharan Africa void;)

14. Wyz_sub10

ewu.7waker,

Can you send me a PM with the following information:

1 - leader

2 - UU

3 - UB

4 - city list

If you can help me with some of the dirty work (pedia entries, strategy text, etc.), I'll add Benin for you.

15. ewu.7waker

ewu.7waker Benin Monarch

thank you wyz, you truly are a lifesaver:goodjob::goodjob:i'll get right on it

16. Vandal Thorne

Vandal Thorne Chieftain

I've been playing around with the gold mod for about a week now. Giant kudos to you guys. That being said, I kinda want to modify it. Specifically I think Isreal could be split into a modern state, using the Merkava tank as its unique unit (currently the worlds most advanced tank). I think Canaan would be a perfect representation for the ancient cultures that lived in the area. Not sure what UB they would, could have though.

17. Hiram

Hiram XML Plebian

Something I wouldn't mind seeing in the next expansion is more female leaders. They're always underrepresented.

~Hiram.

18. Wyz_sub10

Well, we have made a concerted effort to get more female LHs in the pack - Makeda added to Yemen, Joan of Arc added to France, Theodora added to the Byzantines, Margarete added to Denmark, Cleopatra added to Egypt, Amanishabheto added to Nubia, and Trung added to Vietnam. Not to mention adding New Zealand with Clark as the sole leader.

That's not too shabby.

We have some coming ideas that will add more female leaders.

19. Aranor

Aranor Chieftain

20. Mohatma

Mohatma Chieftain

I think Ukrainian civ is totally missing a Zaporozhian Sich leader. I hope some of them shall be included.
    P.S. PSYX has just requested Ivan Sirko LH, so if someone will make it, it'll go very well because he was a very good general, he winned more than 50 battles, so foreign power became interested in him.