1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civilization Requests

Discussion in 'Civ4 - CIV Gold' started by Wyz_sub10, Sep 27, 2006.

1. datlowen

datlowen Chieftain

That's an awesome flag.

2. ewu.7waker

ewu.7waker Benin Monarch

thanks. does anybody know if there's going to be anything after civ gold 4.0?

3. purplexus

purplexus Prince

Updates to make it compatiable with BTS

4. Luri

Luri Chieftain

Hey guys, first of all, you did a great job!

But I've one wish, an Italian civilization, because, Rome isn't Italy!

5. purplexus

purplexus Prince

I think that Italy is already in.

6. Peng Qi

Peng Qi Emperor

Hey, just thought I'd make a pitch for an oft-forgotten but really cool short-lived Kingdom!

Kingdom of Jerusalem, 1099-1187 (Link to Wiki)
    Spoiler Map :

Leader: Baldwin IV; Aggressive & Organized. Favorite Civic: Vassalage

Unique Unit: Crusader (replaces maceman; starts with Formation; 10% withdrawal chance)
    Spoiler Reference for Typical Armament :

Spoiler Reference for Coat of Arms :

Spoiler Reference for Color Scheme :

(The movie Kingdom of Heaven is also a good reference for unique unit costumes, but not a good reference for Baldwin's personality, haha.)

Unique Building: Templar Monastery (Replaces Bank; New melee units receive +2 experience points)

Cities: (forgive me I don't have the other civ city lists memorized so if I use one that's already in the game, please just consult the map above)
    Jerusalem
    Acre
    Bethlehem
    Ascalon
    Kerak
    Aylah
    Sidon
    Haifa
    Daron
    Tiberias

Anyway, I haven't figured out the mod tools for Civ4 yet so I wouldn't know where to start, I just thought I'd make the pitch and see if anyone else is interested.

7. Hiram

Hiram XML Plebian

8. Wyz_sub10

Wyz_sub10 CIV Gold - Project Lead

It's all piecemeal deatils right now - icons, etc. Wanted it for last weekend - realistic shooting for Aug 31.

9. HourlyDaily

HourlyDaily Man-o-Mercy

I was looking for a Meiji LH for conversion to plug and play and AFAIK no one has made any.

I'm sure there are a lot of Civvers out there who would appreciate anyone skillful enough to make the effort.

10. TheLastOne36

TheLastOne36 Deity

How about the Garamantes as a new civ?

Garamantes

Edit: I also noticed, There is no Italy in Civ Gold! i already have a city list somewhere, with only 3 city overlaps with the romans and greeks. (Rome which in my city list is "Roma" Syracuse which in my city list is "Siracusa" and Ravenna which i couldn't find a replacement so i left it out).

11. Amra

Amra the Lion

I think CIV Gold 4.0 will have Italy in it as per this post.

12. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

I believe I've mentioned this somewhere else already, but the following are definitely on my wish list::

- Mughal empire, leader Akbar/Aurengzeb a.o. (Northern/Cantral India around 1600-1800 AD), UU Armored Elephant/Damascene steelcast Cannon, UB Mausoleum/variation thereof (creators of the Taj Mahal)

- Mysore, leader Tippu Sultan (Southern India, around 1790 AD), UU rocket infantry/artillery, UB "Galaxy Market" (manufacture of rockets/fireworks; I'll check the Indian name).

13. TheLastOne36

TheLastOne36 Deity

Civ Request: Montenegro

Yah small country, and the most recent country in the world to get independence. Pretty Cool, People would want to play it just for that :p

But also, i found out, Montenegro has some history to! Such as being the only state in the Balkans to remain independent from the Ottomans for several centuries! that's bigger then some of the other civs added in civ Gold.

I'm not sure about the details of the civ, (uu, ub, leader, leader trait, city list) but i'm sure you can find it somwhere, infact after a small search i found this:
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=221840

14. Onagan

Onagan The Dutch

Don't forget Kosovo :)

Simple but maybe stupid question does Civ Gold have a animated Leaderhead of Philip II of Spain and the Meiji Emperor?

15. Wyz_sub10

Neither leader is included at the moments, but I believe someone is working on Philip II of Spain, which may find it's way in at another time.

16. Edward The Big

Edward The Big Bob Crane's Tripod

will 4.0 be released today? I have one CD-R left, and if it won't be released I want to make a copy of HITM 1.54 to bring home.

17. Fierabras

Fierabras Emperor

I doubt it will be released today and I'm not sure CG 4 will fit on one CD-R anyway, because it looks it is over 1Gb already :crazyeye:

18. Wyz_sub10

I'll note this in the status thread, but I've only had a bit of time yesterday and today to get online, so I think next week (when I get home) will have to be the release date.

19. Edward The Big

Edward The Big Bob Crane's Tripod

I hope you will be able to compress that, or use an installer, or release it in parts...Releasing something that big would not be practical and would narrow who could use it...:crazyeye:

20. Kao'chai

Kao'chai Newbie in Modding

Question : Are you guys planing for Civ gold 5