Civilization: The Board Game

I just picked up Arkham Horror, and it seems terrific...I haven't played yet though. Something that caught my eye on the box was that the game is designed for 1 to 8 players...yup, you can play it by yourself if no one else is around. Also, it's co-operative, so the players aren't competing, but are working together to prevent an 'ancient one' from awakening and destroying the world.

Cooperate or worse-than-die.

Last game we played (last weekend), twice we could have lost on the turn of a single card. Hell is praying for a monster surge because the alternative is worse. Hell is having a rumour up that shuts down your ability to seal gates (close 'em, yes; seal 'em, no).

Did you know there's a card in there that (1 in 3 chance each time) adds an extra gate on every single player's turn?

When's the last time the computer tried bribing you with pizza?
Another classic line! :lol::goodjob:

And you can't even get that playing MP! And that's it - yes it's a slightly different game, but most of all it's social. You'll get people playing with you who don't play (nor want to play) the PC game. And once you know the rules, it lasts for an evening - ideal for a social.

Top Bottom