Civilization V Special Edition Announced

NeverMind

Proud to be Russian
Source

2K Games announced today the Sid Meier’s Civilization V Special Edition, a robust retail package that contains collectable items and exclusive access to behind-the-scenes content, will be available starting September 24, 2010 alongside the standard retail edition in the UK for £59.99.

In addition to a copy of the highly anticipated game, the following elements are included in the Civilization V Special Edition:

- 5 metal figurines based on units from Civilization V and manufactured by Reaper Miniatures
- 2 disc CD soundtrack of game score selections
- DVD “Behind the Scenes at Firaxis on Civilization V”
- 176 page hardcover art book

No Babylon? :confused:

EDIT: Official Civ5 Site News

Just hold out until you get a deal you're satisfied with. Why support this with your money if you don't like it?

Seriously!? Now I would buy this if Babylon was included, but I'm guessing this is all 2K's doing so...

Whether this is worth it will be entirely dependent on the size and details of the miniatures and what the box it comes in looks like. I'm leaning toward it not being worth it given what little info we have.

The miniatures are standard sized for those of you who collect them - and one is larger than the other four. I'll get you guys exact measurements if you want. They're made by Reaper, who make amazing stuff.

2KElizabeth: Any comment on why babylon is not included? A bit strange that you cant buy one version with everything, I mean you dont expect us to buy two versions of the same game...?

The miniatures are standard sized for those of you who collect them - and one is larger than the other four. I'll get you guys exact measurements if you want. They're made by Reaper, who make amazing stuff.

How about commenting on the Babylon issue?
What's the reasoning for it being:
A) A 0-day DLC
B) Steam exclusive

Your past customers (i.e. the ones that made you the money) have bought retail copies of the game, now they get no pre-order bonus and no extra civ? Is it a contract with Valve? Can we get some transparency so we aren't debating it endlessly?

Hmm.. Is this UK only? I don't see any mention of a US price or availability in US on 21 September anywhere on-line.

I wasn't likely to get the boxed CE anyway because I don't need all the extra stuff, but if I was, I wouldn't since there's no Babylon. For anyone else that is getting it, it really sucks that Babylon is still Digital Deluxe exclusive. Screws people out of either in-game content or collectible extras that they want (unless they shell out money for both).

2KElizabeth: Any comment on why babylon is not included? A bit strange that you cant buy one version with everything, I mean you dont expect us to buy two versions of the same game...?

They are different editions and have different things inside them - there are only a couple items that overlap between the two.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

They are different editions and have different things inside them - there are only a couple items that overlap between the two.

Yeah? So if we want it all we have to buy them both?

Look, I am willing to shelve out money if I can get an edition that has "the works", but if 2K can't give me what I want I probably go for the basic edition rather feeling ripped off by paying extra and still not getting everything. Vendor exclusiveness might sound nice from a corporate perspective but for us it sounds like a right rip-off.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

2k Elizabeth can you comment on the size of the manual? How many pages? Is it standard in both regular and Collectors? Is collectors editions larger? This is the selling point to me, and I know others are curious as well.

Why do you guys seem to completely ignore the fact that Babylon will probably be out a month after the game for ~$5ish? :O

Sure, you shouldn't have to pay, but atleast retail buyers get the option. I don't have the option of buying the miniatures for $5ish after the game is out.

Top Bottom