Which of these themes is the best?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CivLuvah

Deity
CIVILIZATION V THEME CONTEST
PEACE EDITION

FINAL

This big inspired by the Eurovision Song Contest. Each civilization gets "represented" in this big poll. Since each civilization has a peace and war theme, the big poll will be divided into three editions: The Peace Edition, the War Edition, and the Overall "Grand Finals" Edition.

Each edition has two semi-finals and a final. The final will be composed of the top twelve themes from each semi-final. Unlike the Peace and War Editions, the Overall Edition will be a combination of peace and war versions. Each civilization would still be "represented". Per civilization, between the two versions (peace and war), the version which has the most number of votes gets to be represented in the Overall Edition. Example: Between the two versions of Washington's theme, the peace version gets the most votes. Therefore it gets to "represent" America in the Overall Edition.

The theme with the most number of votes in the Overall "Grand Finals" Edition wins the title of "Best Theme" in the entire game. There will be also winners for "Best Peace Theme" and "Best War Theme".

The big poll itself would last three weeks, with each edition occurring per week.

This is the final of the Peace Edition of the Civilization V Theme Contest. The winner of this edition will earn the title “Best Peace Theme”

Civfanatics, start voting now! Please tell your friends to vote and promote!

Here are the themes:

01 ENGLAND - I Vow to Thee, My Country

Link to video.

02 THE OTTOMANS - Ceddin Deden

Link to video.

03 AUSTRIA - Requiem Mass in D minor, Still Still Still

Link to video.

04 SPAIN - Viva la Quince Brigada

Link to video.

05 THE NETHERLANDS - In Naam van Oranje

Link to video.
06 SWEDEN - Du Gamla, Du Fria

Link to video.

07 CARTHAGE - Hymn to Nikkal

Link to video.

08 BYZANTIUM - Phos Hilaron

Link to video.

09 MONGOLIA - Traditional Mongolian Long Song/Urtiin Duu

Link to video.

10 POLYNESIA - Hole Waimea

Link to video.

11 GREECE - Epitaph of Seikilos

Link to video.

12 RUSSIA - Capulets and Montagues

Link to video.

13 PERSIA - Morghe Sahar

Link to video.

14 SONGHAI - Gambia Folk Song

Link to video.

15 THE CELTS - Lord Gregory, The Lass of Aughrim

Link to video.

16 ARABIA - Thikriati; Hijaz Maqam

Link to video.

17 CHINA - Goa Shan Liu Shui

Link to video.

18 THE IROQUOIS - Ho, Ho, Watanay

Link to video.

19 GERMANY - Ode to Joy

Link to video.

20 JAPAN - Rokudan no Shirabe

Link to video.
21 ETHIOPIA - Traditional Melody, Selassie's National Anthem

Link to video.

22 THE HUNS - Li Ling Si Han

Link to video.

23 MAYA - Traditional Melody Fragments

Link to video.

24 BABYLON - Hurrian Hymn

Link to video.

Ethiopia's is and always will be the best in my mind! Don't think they will win overall though

I decided to vote in each of these polls for six themes (and it's hard for me to choose those six... they are all beautiful). But enough talk, those are my votes in the peace finals:

- Greece (as mentioned earlier, it's one of the best, it's cheerful, truly Greek, I associate it with good, sunny days - really. I was listening to this while travelling to town last summer and it fit)
- the Ottomans (I like both peace and war themes, but this is my favourite Ottoman Janissary march, wonderfully crafted into a civ theme)
- Arabia (I think this will be the overall winner)
- Sweden (the best rendition of Swedish anthem ever)
- the Netherlands (Dutch bourgeoisie mixed with the light-hearted feeling of civ4 Dutch theme - flawless!)
- Mongolia (my favourite peace theme of all. calm, soothing, a perfect feeling of the steppe)

I could vote for more,but decided to vote for just 3 :

- Arabia
- Carthage
- Mongolia

I had to vote for Germany. Ode to Joy (9th symphany) is one of the most beautiful songs ever. I couldn't believe it when i played as Germany and the motif started...it was unexpected and amazing!

I do wish it had more of the motif in the theme song though....it's a really brief reference.

Edit:Why isn't america's theme on this poll? I actually hate it, but I don't know why it wasn't included.

Carthage / Songhai for pure epicness/depth and real feel of Civilisation, from emerging to glory

I had to vote for Germany. Ode to Joy (9th symphany) is one of the most beautiful songs ever. I couldn't believe it when i played as Germany and the motif started...it was unexpected and amazing!

I do wish it had more of the motif in the theme song though....it's a really brief reference.

Edit:Why isn't america's theme on this poll? I actually hate it, but I don't know why it wasn't included.

America lost in one of the two precursor votes I assume

When does voting end? The past two polls have stated an end time/date, but this one doesn't.
Oops... I forgot to put a close date on the poll. It supposed to close on Sunday, July 22. Can any moderator fix this please?

America lost in one of the two precursor votes I assume
Yes, America didn't qualify in the first semi-final.

Oops... I forgot to put a close date on the poll. It supposed to close on Sunday, July 22. Can any moderator fix this please?

I can -> done :).

But please write the next time a PM or report the post which needs a change, because we don't check every thread around -> so if you just post it in a thread it might get lost because nobody sees it ;).

I can -> done :).

But please write the next time a PM or report the post which needs a change, because we don't check every thread around -> so if you just post it in a thread it might get lost because nobody sees it ;).

Thanks ;)

I can't believe INCA are not in the finale !
Agreed,the Inca theme is a beautiful song,

England lost!
Oh,that's unfortunate.
However,when is the war edition semi-final starting?

It is time to officially announce the winner of the Peace Edition of the Civilization V Theme Contest. As you can obviously see, it was a tough competition, but one winner emerged:

The winner is...

Spoiler :
SWEDEN

Link to video.

:king::king::king:
:goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:
:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Spoiler :
Coincidence much?

Thanks for eveyone who voted! The War Edition will start today shortly.

Top Bottom