Civilizations by ldvhl

Hey folks - if I get the Shawnee assets together, would someone be willing to head up the coding for it?

What kind of code?

DJSHenninger said:
What kind of code?

Here's the design I have for them. You already provided the second part of the UA and the UB doesn't need code:

The Great Comet. Allied militaristic city-states may join your empire if you are at war against a common enemy. Do not lose Influence with city-states if you are at war with a major civilization.

Unique Unit: Red Stick Rebel. Replaces Musketman. Cost: 150. Strength: 24. Movement: 2. Increases Unhappiness of enemy civilizations while in their territory.

Hoop Thrower said:
The Tehuelche are just missing their UU, aren't they?

UU and code. I'll look for a coder once we have the UU model.

Here's the design I have for them. You already provided the second part of the UA and the UB doesn't need code:

The Great Comet. Allied militaristic city-states may join your empire if you are at war against a common enemy. Do not lose Influence with city-states if you are at war with a major civilization.

Unique Unit: Red Stick Rebel. Replaces Musketman. Cost: 150. Strength: 24. Movement: 2. Increases Unhappiness of enemy civilizations while in their territory.

I can try to code this; I think the Red Stick Rebel can only be achieved through the use of dummy buildings and effects similar to the Forbidden Palace. As for the first part of the trait, if the conditions are right, I assume it has a chance to join every turn? Also, is a common enemy just major civs or also minors? Considering minors rarely go on the offense, it might be.. exploitable.

Right - the UU ability could totally be a dummy building. I was thinking each Red Stick Rebel would cause 1 unhappiness?

For the UA, I agree it should be a chance each turn and work only if one is at war against major civs.

Thank you man!

Right - the UU ability could totally be a dummy building. I was thinking each Red Stick Rebel would cause 1 unhappiness?

For the UA, I agree it should be a chance each turn and work only if one is at war against major civs.

Thank you man!

You see, the Forbidden Palace changes Unhappiness in percentages, not absolutes. I don't think there are straightforward methods for absolute Unhappiness changes, so it'll have to be a percentage. Also note that the Palace decreases Unhappiness by 10%, so, in comparison, increasing it in percentages might ultimately be overpowered, unless you're capping it/keeping the values low somehow. I've written something for the first part of the trait, but it still needs testing.

I'll try balancing the numbers in testing then to see how it works out. Thanks for putting this work into it!

After a quick, no-so-thorough test, the first part of the trait works. Mind the red bits; change where appropriate (reference the civilization correctly and the chance every turn of joining your side). I haven't tested whether a friendly city state at war with the same civ also somehow joins your side. Shouldn't happen, but a lot of things shouldn't happen when it comes to lua :lol:

I'll take a look at the Unit code later. Some day :mischief:

Code:
function JFD_GetRandom(lower, upper)
    return Game.Rand((upper + 1) - lower, "") + lower
end

function DJSH_TheGreatComet1(playerID)
	local player = Players[playerID]
	local teamID = player:GetTeam()
	local playerTeam = Teams[teamID]
	if player:GetCivilizationType() == GameInfoTypes["[COLOR="red"]CIVILIZATION_SHAWNEE[/COLOR]"] and player:IsAlive() then
		for minorID = GameDefines.MAX_MAJOR_CIVS, GameDefines.MAX_CIV_PLAYERS-1, 1 do
			minor = Players[minorID]
			local minorTeamID = minor:GetTeam()
			local minorTeam = Teams[minorTeamID]
			if minor:GetMinorCivFriendshipWithMajor(playerID) >= 2 then
				for otherPlayerID = 0, GameDefines.MAX_CIV_PLAYERS - 1 do
					local otherPlayer = Players[otherPlayerID]
					local otherTeamID = otherPlayer:GetTeam()
					if playerTeam:IsAtWar(otherTeamID) and minorTeam:IsAtWar(otherTeamID) then
						if JFD_GetRandom(1,100) <= [COLOR="Red"]5[/COLOR] then
							for minorCities in minor:Cities() do
								player:AcquireCity(minorCities, false, true)
							end
						end
					end
				end
			end
		end
	end
end
GameEvents.PlayerDoTurn.Add(DJSH_TheGreatComet1)

Thank you so much!

Nobody responded in the unit request thread, so I thought I'd ask here:

If I could please get this unit:

From this civ 4 unit pack:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=14126

If possible, I would appreciate some minor recoloring - if the white spots could be recolored to a charcoal black, and the gun barrel have red highlights instead of white?

Thank you!

The Amalek are getting ready for release, right now I need help getting YNAEMP coordinates. Can anybody help me out?

From the YNAEMP Giant Earth map, the capital is down-right and right one more from the bottom right-most tile of the Mediterranean.

Earth Giant: (36, 49)
Earth Huge: (72, 47)
Earth Standard: (47, 20)
Europe Huge: (78, 5)
Eastern Med Large: (72, 8)
Europe Giant: (135, 3)
Europe Large: (61, 14)
Med: (91, 13)
Med Large: (89, 8)
Eastern Med Standard: (34, 8)
Mesopotamia: (36, 12)

Those are my approximations. Hopefully I didn't miss anything.

Thanks man!

I released Amalek! Check it out over here!

Hey all - I put the Squamish together, but it seems I did something wrong that I don't understand. I am not surprised. Would somebody please take a look at my work and see what's up?

There's a download here: http://www.4shared.com/zip/zeehh-Igce/Squamish_by_ldvhl__v_1___1_.html

I already took a look at the logs, but I don't really understand what they're telling me.

Fraud detected.

I'd really appreciate it if you used another download site, just saying. I don't feel like logging in on any social network to download it. Use dropbox, for example.

Top Bottom