CivNet: Pollution

Guffawing Crow

Chieftain
Hey everyone.

I booted up CivNet for the first time. It is an upgraded Civ I experience (better graphics/sound; WIN95) and I was ready to turf my old Civilization I game to the recycle bin. However, as I got deeper into my first game (King difficulty) and pollution started to show up, my settlors were unable to get rid of it. When I am on a pollution square, I can select “P” to start detoxifying (unless, oddly, if there is no road/railroad, in which case, it doesn’t allow me to select “P”). After a few turns, my settlor is done detoxifying (settlor active) but the pollution remains.

Anyone seen this bug before? I am on version 1.02, which I think is the latest.

EDIT: Nevermind. It looks like the keybind shortcuts are slightly different. I was “P”illaging my territory. “K” detoxifies in CivNet. Doh!

I was gonna say it sounded like you were describing pillaging! The one downside with it compared to the original is that you can't play on past the end where your score is tallied up. The graphics are also somewhat of an acquired taste :lol:

I was gonna say it sounded like you were describing pillaging! The one downside with it compared to the original is that you can't play on past the end where your score is tallied up. The graphics are also somewhat of an acquired taste :lol:
Yeah, I was wondering if the pollution was destroying my roads, which seemed odd. Doh!

Yeah, the graphics on CivNet compared to Civ 1 seemed a bit odd (the small wheat and shield icons etc) but overall, I thought it was an improvement. The one annoying part of CivNet is that I can't click <Return> to end my turn (click "E" or the button). Ha!

As for playing past the time where your score gets tallied... honestly, that's ok with me. Near the end, I get tired of micromanaging my empire and just want to end the game as soon as possible.

About to finish my first CivNet game (difficulty: King; Tribe: Aztecs). I was in the mood to exterminate the Americans as the Aztecs near end game as just having a passive win throughout the ages was a bit boring. This game can be really challenging at the highest difficulty, especially for certain tribes - I am trying to avoid strategy spoilers and just figure out the winning recipe myself. :)

Top Bottom