1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

CivNexus6 1.2.6

3D Graphics Tool for Civilization 6

1. Zobtzler

Zobtzler Chieftain

Oh... goes to show how much I've used regedit :crazyeye:
    Thanks a lot for the help :goodjob:

2. Deliverator

Deliverator Graphical Hackificator

3. sukritact

sukritact Artist and Modder

Is there a bone limit on the CN6 to FGX conversion? I'm getting an issue where the vertex weights (and I can confirm it's definitely the vertex weights, they're weird when I re-import into blender from this stage) get messed up at that that stage of conversion for some reason, and the only thing that seems to stand out about this rig seems to be the amount of bones (282 total):

Here's the model posed in blender:

and the exported fgx with the same animation applied (please ignore the triangulation, I forgot to triangulate before exporting, but the weird distortion happens basically the same way).

I've re-weighted the model a couple of times, but some error of the sort seems to keep happening, though the particular bone weights which it messes up seems to keep changing. Whatever the problem is seems to be happening at the CN6 to FGX stage interestingly. Reimporting a CN6 I exported from blender works fine.

4. Deliverator

With Civ 5 there was a maximum number of bone bindings (vertex groups) per mesh of 32. It may be a higher power of 2 with Civ 6 but the chances are there is still a limit - could be 64,128,256. Try chopping your mesh into submeshes that are each mapped to 32 bones or less and see if that makes a difference. Also each vertex can only be weighted to 8 bones but I that it already handled in the latest version of the .cn6 export script. Otherwise something might be up with the animation .fbx > .fgx process - I’ve only every used Blender 2.49 for animation work myself.

5. Deliverator

6. FurionHuang

FurionHuang Chieftain

When you export animation, make sure you disable (or set to 0) the simplify option. This is why you have jiggling movements and distortions.

7. sukritact

sukritact Artist and Modder

Yep, already did that.

Anyways reporting back in. Making sure I had less than 256 vertex groups seemed to have worked. So I'm probably just gonna split Vercingetorix's hair out as a separate geo. It seems to be okay with more than 256 bones, but not 256 vertex groups.

8. Deliverator

Yeah, the Civ 5 limit was to bone bindings (vertex groups in Blender terms) rather than bones so that makes sense. Good to know about the 256 limit. I could add a warning message to CivNexus6 for this.