Civs Discussion

dont we think that Africa is being considered in too much of a "barbaric" and "failed" way?

Well it is, in part. Those states that are in civil war (eg Sudan) will be represented as such. While on that subject, as I'm going to use Dom Pedro's Conqueror's Delight mod as a base for our SDK, I was thinking that we could use the new "Tribes" feature he's introducing to portray the two factions in the Sudanese civil war (African and Arabian). You can assign them art-styles, so it'll look realistic, and I hope they can be made more likely to attack each other than those around them (I've posted a question in the thread).

Once one side wins, using the Revolutions mod (I'll try and get that to be included at some point) I'll allow them to settle down as their own country (Sudan) and it will take the ethnicity of the Conqueror.

Thoughts?

daunting task, but if it can be done, go ahead

Note: This list assumes the integration of ideas proposed by me and NikNaks involving the addition to the Foreign Advisor of an alliance system.
1. United States of America – allied to Nato
2. Canada – allied to Nato
3. Mexico
4. People's Republic of China
5. Democratic People's Republic of Korea
6. Russian Federation (controls all the –stans)
7. Israel
8. Myanmar
9. Egypt
10. Iran
11. Syria
12. Republic of Korea
13. Nigeria – Allied to AU
14. Pakistan
15. India
16. Venezuela
17. Colombia
18. Brazil
19. Argentina
20. Myanmar
21. Japan
22. Australia- allied to Nato
23. Philippines
24. Republic of Indonesia
25. Saudi Arabia
26. South Africa – allied to AU
27. Taiwan
28. European Union –allied to Nato?
29. African Union
30. Failed States – Minor Civ
31. ASEAN
32. Iraq-Vassal of USA
33. Afghanistan-vassal of USA
34. Greater Carribean/Central America
35. United Kingdom – allied to EU, Nato

I still think we should keep the number of Civilizations below 36. What nations do you propose splitting off from the EU?

I think there is enough tile space for an independent Serbia.

Russia should not control any territory except the county itself. They are now independent countries.

I still think that there should not be any Palestine, North Korea, Syria instead of Turkey, no Myanmar, Philippines, Taiwan, or Afghanistan.

Russia should not control any territory except the county itself. They are now independent countries.

I still think that there should not be any Palestine, North Korea, Syria instead of Turkey, no Myanmar, Philippines, Taiwan, or Afghanistan.

1. It is a good idea that Russia should not control any territory besides the country but we need to keep the number of civilizations down, maybe we can find a way to fix that.

2. i think that the palestine would be important to show the diplomatic differences between them, Israel, Egypt, Jordan and Syria. about Myanmar and the phillipines is too important to show their independency. Taiwan is important to show that it is a great difference between former nationalist china and communist china. About Afghanistan i think that the Taliban countries should be in one singel union.

And i also thought of Hongkong which is a part of china but is still capitalistic (right word?), how shall we do with that?

I think Palastine should be represented by Eygpt (at least Gaza). Having said that the map will probably not be detailed enough to allow a palestine and Israel to exist.

I am also tempted to either have the USA or Japan rule Taiwan as if China invaded it in RL it would most likely involve a responce from either of those countries.

And i also thought of Hongkong which is a part of china but is still capitalistic (right word?), how shall we do with that?

Consider it part of China, no need to make things harder over something that will add little to the mod.

Palestine is too small, they are independent. I don't see the importance of Afghanistan (the country does not exist, it is under military rule of the US), Philippines and Myanmar (very weak countries), and North Korea which will probably not complete their nuclear project.

i think that the Taliban countries should be in one singel union

There are no Taliban countries, only Taliban-controlled regions in Pakistan and Afghanistan.

Palestine is too small, they are independent. I don't see the importance of Afghanistan (the country does not exist, it is under military rule of the US), Philippines and Myanmar (very weak countries), and North Korea which will probably not complete their nuclear project.

Atlantis does not exist, Afghanistan does (just check any map); whoever controls the nation is irrelevant. What are weak countries anyway? There are already failed states in the list (which might fit Palestine in. although it hardly yet exists - as does Kurdistan). The Philippines count more inhabitants than Iran and are economically important. North Korea is politically important since 1945. (All this info can be found in any good atlas or just by googling.)

Ceterum censeo the Russian Federation nor the US should control non-Federation or non-US countries (unless as vassals).;)

I edited my Civ List, see above.

As for Palestine: Just implement them as Barbarians wielding modern-day weapons. Or something like that. Or control Palestine with random events?

Suicide Bombing

Requirments; Israeli Civilization, etc, etc

-1 Population, +5 :mad:,

Can be prevented by an Israeli Unique Unit: Border Guard. Each Border Guard in a city prevents the the ocurrence of the event by 10%, until the odds reach 5%.

Can you please change Syria to Turkey which I think is more important. As much as I don't like the EU civ, I really don't think that there should be a NATO civ more since it is less of a civilization than a union of many. Also, you have 2 Myanmars (I don't think that there should be any, but change one to South Africa).

There is no NATO civ on that list. You must be seeing things ;)

Palestine as events works well.

So, replace Syria with Turkey, remove the Phillipines, both the Myanmars and Taiwan, perhaps, and add France, Germany, Italy and Spain (controls Portugal).

Does that work?

It'll work, but it's way to Eurocentric, IMO. Me thinks the various alliances, treaties and what have you of the world of today should be represented somehow. European (i.e. EU) foreign policy, economic and customs and other judicial policies follow a certain consensus, generally speaking. (There are ofcourse exceptions: the Suez crisis, the Falklands War, the invasion of Iraq...)

Any country that isn't individually represented, should at least be part of a civ-team (like the EU in Europe). If individual European countries are represented, this should be limited to GB, France and - perhaps - Germany. Italy and Spain's power - actually: restoration of power - is for a large part a result of their joining the EU, which grants them huge subsidies.

BTW, glad to hear Palestine is included as an event.

Europe:
There are 35 civs. Take away Afghanistan, Iraq, Philippines, Myanmar, and EU. Add Spain, France, Germany, (Italy or Sweden), (Poland or Serbia). Russia and England are already there. There are 7 out of 35 European civs which make it not too Eurocentric.

I guess in the end it's a matter of opinion. I don't consider Spain, Italy, Poland, Sweden or Serbia players on the world's stage. (But then: why is Myanmar on the list? I suggest replacing it with Ukraine).

And it's fine to say "take away Afghanistan, Iraq, Philippines, etc...", but what will you have them replaced with? Failed states? Because they aren't - yet. (The Philippines are in ASEAN, BTW, if you want to loose 'em.)

Basically, I'm fine with the list as is. But I don't see why the mod can't have different map or scenario versions. So if ijnavy wants to do it his way, why not? I don't mind.;)

We could just do different maps. One would have the EU, the other would not. One would have Iraq, Afghanistan, and Myanmar. The other would have African nations. etc.
We could do 2-3 maps like that.
I was just looking for a project to get involved in, I don't really mind, but I think that this is a good idea or this mod will never get done.

Top Bottom