Collateral Damage Question

fdrpi

Prince
In the 1.15 notes, it says city units can only take collateral damage equal to the current city defense modifier. Does that mean that if you bombard a city down to 0% defense collateral damage is worthless?

Don't quote me on this but I think it means if the cities defense modifier is X then units inside can only take up to X amount of collateral damage.

An example being if a cities defense bonus is 25% then the units inside are shielded from 25% of the collateral damage or cant take more than 25% consequently if it was 0% then they'd take normal collateral damage

Every collateral unit already has a collateral damage limit. Let's say a catapult can only reduce a unit to 60% health. However if a city still has 80% defense, this limit is 80% instead. Only if city defense is 60% or lower can a catapult cause its maximum level of collateral damage.

If you have a 100% defense city, you cant do collateral damage.
This makes castles and walls amazing against Keshiks and also encourages you to bombard the city.

Now what happens to units inside the Theodosian Walls? Do they heal when they take damage?

If you have a 100% defense city, you cant do collateral damage.
This makes castles and walls amazing against Keshiks and also encourages you to bombard the city.

Now what happens to units inside the Theodosian Walls? Do they heal when they take damage?
You can't attack unless it's possible to do collateral damage, be it due to fortifications or all units already being damaged below the limit.

You can't attack unless it's possible to do collateral damage, be it due to fortifications or all units already being damaged below the limit.

I mean, it's not like you will do ANYTHING against 600 AD Constantinople without gunpowder...

Top Bottom