• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

College Football 2008

Pac-10 also wants to keep their system of in-state rivals. So Utah would need to come along and meet the standards as well.

But realistically, the Pac-10 is not going to add new members unless for whatever reason it loses some of its current ones. Ten schools is the ideal size, and it has 10 very good ones at that.

Pac-10 also wants to keep their system of in-state rivals. So Utah would need to come along and meet the standards as well.

But realistically, the Pac-10 is not going to add new members unless for whatever reason it loses some of its current ones. Ten schools is the ideal size, and it has 10 very good ones at that.

Yeah, I kind of figured that. I think Utah would already meet the academic standards though.

90 wins over 8 years to go with 5 Big 12 Championships, 6 BCS appearances-including 3 title games-as well as a national title. Yeah, I know that isn't much to separate them from the Baylors of the world, but that ain't half bad at all.

:lol: OU and OSU are almost in the same boat here.

10 is the ideal size if you don't want to put your teams at risk in a Conference Championsip game.

Amen. Grow a spine Pac-10 and Big-10.

:lol: OU and OSU are almost in the same boat here.

OU has a long and storied history of being one of the dirtiest programs in the country. Its scandals also happen to coincidentally coincide with their National Championships. The Switzer era by itself was a gigantic shame on the university.

Woody Hayes punched a guy once. Looks tame compared to OU.

10 is the ideal size if you don't want to put your teams at risk in a Conference Championsip game.

Oh boohoo, we play all the teams in the conference instead of another money grab. Don't pretend that the CG is there to add challenge, it's there to rake in cash.

Also, the Big 10 has 11 teams.

The Big 10 can't expand to 12 teams because only one school meets the geographic, financial and academic requirements for membership, and Notre Dame already turned it down.

@fetus, then don't whine if a Pac-10 team is jumped again. That extra game against the North or South winner is much tough than those extra games against Stanford, Northwestern, or whoever happens to be in the basement of the Pac-10/Big-2 that year

Big-10 doesn't play a full round robin. I agree that their schedule is ridiculous.

The 9th game doesn't come at the expense of a CCG anyway, it comes at the expense of a OOC game, now don't go telling me those are tough.

Spoiler :
Let's not forget that there are other sports as well.

This is the conference that managed to sneak Kansas into a BCS game last year. They would have gotten pounded by anyone decent- shame they got matched up with an ACC school.

It should have been Missouri, who I assure you would have shellacked OSU and probably played USC even.

Big-10 doesn't play a full round robin. I agree that their schedule is ridiculous.
Because we don't play every single team, or because "the teams are bad"?

Playing everybody wouldn't be feasible...that would eat up your entire schedule.

The quality of teams bit is just a cycle. Already Illinois and Indiana are playing much better than they typically do. Wisconsin is a preseason top 10 team this year, and should be very good. Michigan will suck this year, but will return to glory quickly. Joe Paterno is going to die any day now, and then Penn St. can get back to being a top 15-20 program. The only real mystery is Iowa, which used to be a perennial 8, 9 win team, and is now floundering in mediocrity.

Its had some bad years, but I don't think it warrants being a "joke" anymore than the ACC or the Big East. I don't think anybody outside the 43201 zipcode would have told you with a straight face that OSU was the number one team in the country last year...they just choked a week later than everybody else.
This is the conference that managed to sneak Kansas into a BCS game last year. They would have gotten pounded by anyone decent- shame they got matched up with an ACC school.

Kansas was a solid team last year, and deserved what they got.

Mizzou lost to Oklahoma twice. Not going into the transitive property of NCAAF, because it ends in a mess, but you get the idea ;)

Oklahoma was a good team last year. Mizzou had quality wins, unlike Kansas, and were generally an elite team in a weak year for "elite teams". They also beat Kansas, yet still got the SHAFT. All I remember Kansas doing was absolutely annihilating Nebraska.

What a quality team! :mischief:

They were in the top 10 in the BCS were they not? VT only had two losses I think.

Kansas won all the games on their schedule but one, and played competitively enough in that loss to let everybody know that at least they belonged on the same field as Mizzou. Their situation certainly wasn't anything like Haiwaii (a team I know I boosted), that won all their games and got flat out butt raped by Georgia.

Consistency is very important in college football. Kansas as consistent, winning the games it should have (and typically by fairly comfortable margins). Thats more than we can say for the so-called "good teams" of last year (USC? Georgia?) Just because they didn't beat anybody with a sexy pedigree doesn't mean they weren't a good football team.

Top Bottom