5] LSU
6] Louisville
7] Wisconsin
8] Oklahoma
9] Arkansas
10] Boise St

BCS Predictions:
(The Likely: USC, UF, WVU win)
Fiesta: Oklahoma v. Boise State (Probably an OK game, no pun intended)
Orange: Georgia Tech v. Louisville (B-L-O-W-O-U-T)
Rose: Michigan v. LSU (I wanna see this game)
Sugar: Florida v. Notre Dame (B-L-O-W-O-U-T)
NCG: Ohio State v. USC (Good game)

(The Ugly: UCLA, Rut, Arky, Neb, and WF win)
Fiesta: Nebraska v. Boise State (Meh...)
Orange: Wake Forrest v. Rutgers (WTF?)
Rose: USC v. LSU (I like...)
Sugar: Arkansas v. Louisville (Very interesting)
NCG: Ohio State v. Michigan (Michigan has the advantage, cuz it's hard to beat a team this good twice)

New AP Poll:

1] Ohio St
2] USC
3] Michigan
4] Florida
5] LSU
6] Louisville
7] Wisconsin
8] Oklahoma
9] Arkansas
10] Boise St

Arkansas and Oklahoma are tied for 8th.

Meh. What a crappy game. Missed opportunities killed them, although I'm not even sure that would have helped. Well, on to be killed by Michigan/Arkansas/Florida in a bowl game.

So what would a playoff look like? I'm using 24 teams D-II uses 16, D-III 32

11 Conferance champs & 13 wild cards

CONFERANCE CHAMPIONS

ACC Wake Forest ( 10-2 ) or Georgis Tech ( 9-3 )
Tech loses and their out. Wake loses and could still be a wild card.

Big East Rutgers ( 10-1 ) or Louisville ( 10-1 )
Loser would get a wild card

Big 10 Ohio St.

Big 12 Nebraska ( 9-3 ) ot Oklahoma ( 10-2 )
Nebraska loses and are out. Oklahoma loses and a wild card

CUSA Southern Mississippi ( 8-4 ) or Houston ( 9-3 )
loser is done

MAC Ohio ( 9-3 ) or Central Mich ( 8-4 )
loser is done

Mt West BYU ( 10-2)

Pac 10 USC (11_1)

SEC Florida (11-1) or Arkansas ( 10-2)
Loser in as wild card

Sun Belt Middle Tenn St. (7-5)

WAC Boise St (12-0)

9-13 wild card spots ( depending how conferance championships worked out )

Hawaii ( 10-2)
Auburn ( 10-2 )
LSU ( 10-2)
Tennessee (9-3)
California (8-3)
TCU (9-2)
Notre Dame (10-2)
West Virginia (9-2)
Michigan ( 11-1)
Wisconsin (11-1)
Texas (9-3)
Virginia Tech (10-2)
Boston College (9-3)

up to 4 could be bumped by conferance champion losers

Biggest *****ing would be acourse a B.C. or Cal being bumped and those "weaker" conferance champions being in.

I thought LSU couldn't get in because they finished worse than second in the SEC...only 2 SEC teams would get in anyway, Arkansas & Florida. And thats the good scenario for the SEC.

Disagree with you on two of your bowl projections. First, I don't think there is a chance if hel that the Irish go to the Rose for a rematch with Michigan. The Irish got the pants knocked off them on their own turf earlier this year and I doubt the Rose Bowl committee would want to have that happen again in their bowl. More likely they look to the SEC runner-up (or LSU if Arky loses the CG) or possibly a 1-loss Louisville team.

Second, if Arkansas loses the CG there is no way they go to a BCS bowl. At that point they will have three loses and it would be hard to justify them going over a 2 loss LSU team or even a 1 loss Louisville team (if Rutgers beats WVU).

And on the Holy War...I just wish I could have seen the game, my cable operator doesn't carry CSTV right now:sad:

You know, I hope what you say happens. I would love to see a ND-SEC Sugar Bowl matchup, with a Big East team going to Pasadena to help legitimize that conference. I just don't know though...Rose Bowl gets first and second pick if USC and OSU go, and they want thier little primetime matchup to be as money making as possible.

If Arkansas loses to Florida, wouldnt they still finish second in the SEC? Infront of LSU? Which means LSU could not get in?

@pawpaw, I think twenty four teams is a little excessive...and I would only take a mid-major champion if they were in the top 25 or had less than 3 losses. Something like top 8 or top 16 would suffice, but I think 8 is optimal so no games in the regular season are devalued.

@pawpaw, I think twenty four teams is a little excessive...and I would only take a mid-major champion if they were in the top 25 or had less than 3 losses. Something like top 8 or top 16 would suffice, but I think 8 is optimal so no games in the regular season are devalued.

BUT 8 does devalue the regular season, top 8 means 1 or no loss teams. That means NO MORE Ohio st vs Texas, NO MORE Michigan vs Notre Dame, ect.....because if its 1 and done NOBODY will schedule any out of conferance games they could lose too. Everyone will play a "Wisconsin " schedule.

It's basically one and done now :p Perhaps 16 is a better number then? All 1 loss teams would probably be included then.

BCS out

Ohio St
USC
Michigan
Florida
LSU
Louisville
Wisconsin
Boise St
Arkansas
Notre Dame

And a bit more humourous...

17 Wake Forest
22 Georgia Tech

Gogo ACC.

There's really no such thing as "second in the SEC". If Arkansas loses to Florida, they'll finish second in the West, behind LSU. But that doesn't really matter either. The BCS bowls can definitely take LSU ahead of Arkansas, and I'm sure they would. They might take LSU ahead of Florida if Arkansas wins the championship.

Actually, what I would find interesting is if Arkansas wins the SEC and LSU still finishes ahead of them in the BCS . . .

The Bowls don't have to pick in order, Azale. The only team in a BCS Conference with a lock on a bid is the Conference Champs. After that, the Bowls can choose anyone in the Top 14. And ummm........ has a point, LSU probably would finish ahead of SEC Champion Arkansas in the BCS.

Hey, I was just reading your rules. I could've sworn they said no third place teams ;)

Of course, we both know that Arkansas and LSU are both more worthy than Notre Dame. If Arkansas beats Florida, I think they both jump Florida. McFadden is more of a draw, you know Arkansas will carry people to its bowl game (not that far away anyway). Plus, you want to see the tough, running game of Arkansas versus Brohm and the Cardinals or Quinn and the Irish. Hell, the Irish might even win since Arkansas can't throw anymore! :p

And LSU would have 2 losses compared to Florida's 2, but has looked soo much better all year. LSU LOST to Florida, but that won't matter when organizers are debating a Michigan-LSU Rosebowl or a Michigan-Notre Dame one. I hope your right guys, that makes the bowl matchups look alot sexier than they did before.

Does that mean that Texas would still have a shot at the Cotton Bowl? Or should I hope for the Independence Bowl instead? :confused:

Great jimminy jim jam! Alabama fires Mike Shula :o

Just who does Alabama think they are? Shula guided them to a 10-2 record last year and a Cotton Bowl win, with thier best player out! This is so ridiculous! Do they learn nothing from watching Arkansas, who was patient with Houston Nutt and was rewarded?

Jesus...these schools are so stupid sometimes. Still, this is up there with Arizona State as two very good jobs. I would personally rather go to ASU, at least they are somewhat realistic there. Koetter just didn't get it done with his talent level the last few years.

Azale: Texas is going to either the Cotton or the Holiday, safe bet would be the Cotton.

And I guess Shula got the axe because boosters wanted some staff changes and he said no.

On another note, Michigan State made a terrific hire in Mark D'Antonio out of Cincy. I hate to say it, but he'll have that program back to where it was when Saban was there (which isn't good for my Buckeyes).

Top Bottom