Comings, Goings and New Arrivals VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you. You're very kind.

I just have the peculiar turn of mind that doesn't want to feel like I'm missing something by not getting permanent points.

I expect I could do it; just by swearing at people all the time. Though that would involve me feeling an antagonism towards them that I don't really.

Anyway, come back Mr Q! :cry:

You strange opinionated green froggy fellow, you!

Farewell, my friend across the pond! Success in life! I hope you get to return. I'll keep up the good fight to get Churchill back in the White House for ya!

Farewell, my friend across the pond! Success in life! I hope you get to return. I'll keep up the good fight to get Churchill back in the White House for ya!

Indeed.

<nvm>

Bye, Quackers.

Oh, Ok.

Is this a temporary absence, or are you saying you're basically in the position Quackers was?

That explains the comings and new arrivals, but what about the goings?

Hello, one and all. :)

Younger member here (still in my teens), but a long time lurker on the Civfanatics forums. First played Civilization III when I was 10, when I started to get into strategy games. The first strategy game that I ever played was an old Civil War game that I found in the original box while wandering around. I wanted to know what it was, so my father and I installed it and got it to run on an older computer. It was a fun game and I wish it worked on newer computers (it was released in '96).

Back to Civilization, once I got hooked on Civ 3, I never looked back. The next year I got Civilization IV and it's expansions, and the year after I picked up Civilization V. While I do play Civ III and Civ V on occasion, I've been addicted to Civilization IV since I picked it up. For the most part I played on the Earth 18 Civs map, and without any mods or graphics packs installed. More recently I've dipped into different map types and installed some new scenarios and mods. They really enhance the game a ton even if only aesthetically. But really, did the Mayans live in 16th century Elizabethian Tutor houses? :lol:

About lurking the forums when I was 10, let's just say I had some extreme difficulties playing the game. I remember finishing a game in 2050 AD with Japan and still being midway through the Industrial Era. :lol: I don't remember how exactly I got here, probably through a typical "how do you win at civilization 3" Google search. Otherwise, I remember checking out the creation and customization threads. I saw some custom units and thought they were cool, so I kept trying to add them to the game but I couldn't get the unit graphics to load in the editor. :lol:

My first victory in Civ 3 took a while. It was a chieftain difficulty, 4 civilization game on a tiny archipelago map. All civs were on a single island and I managed to spam archers and take them out. Easy but fun way to win. :lol:

Now time has passed and I have more experience. I'm a Regent player on Civilization 3, and Prince level player on Civilization 4 and 5. I've won a few games although most of them I abandoned halfway through. :p

It's late right now and I need some sleep. I hope to post some of my Civ endeavors soon. :)

Welcome in the name of Thunderfall, young traveller. You must answer me this question please:

Where do you think Poland is?

Tsk. Everyone, but everyone, knows Poland is in North Africa. Listen. Even I know that.

So, you're just playing mind games with me, now. Pretending it's somewhere else.

Oh, woah, is it me or it's been quite some time?

Join my game, DrumStudent! I might need up to three replacements so far, and we're still on Night One.

Oh, and welcome back, how have you been?, drop by fiftychat anytime you like, I hope life's treating you well, etc. etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom