Command and Conquer Planning Thread

Short update. I am working on a tool to help me do more data entry. By hand it gets too tedious and I get distracted,
God I need an intern or ten.

So how's it going? :)
Boring mostly. My day job has kind of sapped my will to work on anything in my free time. But I will try and resume working relatively soon.
I basically have things worked out, I just need to type it all into XML and than do balancing tweaks. But XML work is ultra mega boring with a side of copy paste boring. So I need to be in a good mood to do it.

Boring mostly. (...) So I need to be in a good mood to do it.
Oh, I know the feeling. I tend to suffer from a "creativity crisis" in my own mod too: I started a very big but not too exciting project. Of course the final result will be cool but the road taking there is kinda boring :rolleyes:
But looking forward to see you post something :)

Attachments

• Ham.png
    Ham.png
    77.2 KB · Views: 38
That looks great :goodjob:

...but I still don't understand the word "ham" in this situation :confused: :hammer2:
I can't well answer everything for you. Now can I?

On a related note I recently learned that the Mormons apparently believe Cain is still alive and roaming the earth.

Could that mean they predicted the coming of NOD? Was Josef Smith secretly Kane him self? Time will tell.

Last edited:
Among other things it has hidden bugs that will happily corrupt all your data and set you back to square one if you run into them and don't know how to edit the code to make them only ruin your work once. So basically it takes someone with 20 years of software engineering experience to run it reliably. Luckily for all of me that someone is me.

I am suspending all work for the next month or so due to stuff I won't discuss. See you after that.

Alright. Waiting for your return :)

I guess you don't want to upload what you have done so far, just in case anyone wants to work on it too or just try it?
It still crashes since the XML is incomplete and the DLL is in a state of ... well it starts.

Basically I stripped out all the old tech and units and stuff and added some new stuff. But there are still hooks in the events etc pointing to the old stuff so you'd get a million and one xml errors if you tried to start it.

Still paused. Probably will continue in a month or so.

And what about the war/peace music project? I guess that's also paused. I just hope it isn't canceled :mischief:
I basically don't have the time or energy to do any modding right now. I am in semi burnout.

Top Bottom