Common Errors and/or Crashes Section

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK since i started this thread, i might as well be the first to write here then.

@Koshling:

I have a unit in the town circled, the enemy keeps killing him and he just keeps coming back to life, as not to abandon the city for some odd reason, i am not complaining, BUT if it happens here, it might happen to me when i try to take over a city also, and thats not a good thing.

Attached are a screenie and a Mac Comp saved game. it happens each turn btw. Just in this one town.:crazyeye:

EDIT:

Oh, didn't I tell you about the new 'reincarnation' promotion? ;-)

I'll take a look sometime this weekend

Actually there is one, i was thinking about using it already, also, :lol:

OK since i started this thread, i might as well be the first to write here then.

@Koshling:

I have a unit in the town circled, the enemy keeps killing him and he just keeps coming back to life, as not to abandon the city for some odd reason, i am not complaining, BUT if it happens here, it might happen to me when i try to take over a city also, and thats not a good thing.

Attached are a screenie and a Mac Comp saved game. it happens each turn btw. Just in this one town.:crazyeye:

Oh, didn't I tell you about the new 'reincarnation' promotion? ;-)

I'll take a look sometime this weekend

Three man MP game. Goes OOS after ending turn (twice in a row, didn't try more than that) .Australia have just entered a golden age, most of his cities grow in the upcoming turn so we're not sure if this is a simple overload OOS (Aussies computer doing too much and missing info from the other two) or something else.
Will be unable to keep playing on it though unless it can be fixed. *begs*

Max Comp save attached. All that's left to do on it is press end turn.
We are not running with the latest DLL as we haven't upgraded to v16 yet (with the massive changes we wanted to finish this game off before doing so) and can't find the latest v15 DLL anymore. If you could give that to us to test with tomorrow maybe, after all the problem might already be fixed in that?

Cheers.

just downloaded and extracted. When trying to load the mod from the Advanced menu in BtS, I wait a while and get a crash report without even seeing the loading screen...

Three man MP game. Goes OOS after ending turn (twice in a row, didn't try more than that) .Australia have just entered a golden age, most of his cities grow in the upcoming turn so we're not sure if this is a simple overload OOS (Aussies computer doing too much and missing info from the other two) or something else.
Will be unable to keep playing on it though unless it can be fixed. *begs*

Max Comp save attached. All that's left to do on it is press end turn.
We are not running with the latest DLL as we haven't upgraded to v16 yet (with the massive changes we wanted to finish this game off before doing so) and can't find the latest v15 DLL anymore. If you could give that to us to test with tomorrow maybe, after all the problem might already be fixed in that?

Cheers.

All the recent dlls require some XML changes to go with them, so there isn't really a recent v15 DLL per se. However, you should be fine using the latest DLL from the patch thread so long as you take the latest unit schema and an empty spawns XML def. Both of those may be found in the v16 assets/XML/units folder. If you have svn jus grab them. If not post again and I'll upload them tomorrow.

However, the oos issue is one that seems to plague AND, so likely its no better in C2C. I don't know what causes it so I'm not sure what to suggest in that regard.

Usually doesn't seem to OOS much unless there's a lot going on in the game on any given turn. Reducing the load/time between turns like you've done from time to time seems to push the time it takes for it to start OOS. If one person has other programs running in the background he/she gets OOS sooner. Removing those background programs from running lets us keep playing longer on a game.
More often than not it's the person with the slowest computer (graphics card doesn't seem to make a difference at all here) that gets a different value, in fact always, unless it's a "real" OOS and not an overload one.
It is my belief that while computer A and B is finished with end of turn calcs and starts sending player A's and B's builds/science/income and whatever else that pertains to player A's and B's gaming to computer C, computer C isn't done yet and is frozen (screen and stuff) while calculating and thus misses some info that computer A and B have sent, resulting in an OOS when the computers compare sync value after computer C is all done.

I know nothing about programming but think that if one was able to set up a glorified "hotseat" MP game spanning over multiple computers (aka. ONE computer does all the between turn calcs and sends that info to the other computers. Sort of like email game but not using emails, though that would work too, just very, very time consuming when playing Eternal game speed) then most if not all overload OOS's would disappear. Do you think that is a real possibility or impossible to do?

Cheers

@Koshling:

I can't reproduce this. In my run of your save game the stack attacks, loses one bombard elephant, then wins the next combat. It moves into the city and razes it.

It's just possible that my fix for the quick attack bug with the sleeping units did something that fixed this as a side-effect, but I'd be grateful if you'd go back and verify that this save game works for you now too with the latest DLL from SVN (AFTER I push the update later today - I'll post in the SVN thread when I do).

Has there already been a fix for the c2c perfect-world mapscript? I can load Rom-mapscript standard maps and I also set up virtual memory to 2,5 the size of RAM but everything above tiny didn't work with v15. Now with more memory allocated and v16 it just doesn't crash anymore, just freezes (no real freeze with cursor but taksmanager says "not responding") when I try to set up a small c2c perfect world... Any solutions or workarounds?

I have a WfoC bug save, but it's too big for the upload... is it at all possible to just give you the BTS save?

I tested SVN rev451 and first have to say thx for updating the c2c_perfectworld script which fixed my crash when trying to generate a larger then tiny map.

What I found so far is that the buttons for lesser research and for the tracker is pink (not the unit).

Some turns into the game I also experienced a crash which is repeatable.
I saved the the turn before in compatibility mode.

I tested SVN rev451 and first have to say thx for updating the c2c_perfectworld script which fixed my crash when trying to generate a larger then tiny map.

What I found so far is that the buttons for lesser research and for the tracker is pink (not the unit).

Some turns into the game I also experienced a crash which is repeatable.
I saved the the turn before in compatibility mode.

I believe this is a missing art asset (strongly suspect hunters or trackers). I think something has gone AWOL from the FPK, but I can't find a tool that lets me unpack FPKs to check (the one I downloaded claims its an invalid FPK). Anyone able to tell me where to get tools that can pack/unpack our FPKs?

Sorry, don't know what SVN is, but I saved it in a .rar.

This is not a max compatibility format save, it's a regular save. You need to save in max compat format or none of us will be able to load it to look at your bug I'm afraid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom