Communism in the Civilization games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aleenik

Deity
Communism has never been accurately portrayed in any civilization game. If they are going to keep adding Communism in all Civilization games, they should at least try to get it right. If you know anything about what Communism actually is, then you would agree. Under Communism, the state would cease to exist and money would cease to exist. In order to accurately portray Communism they would need an entire system just for it and I'm sure that isn't gonna happen.

Also, some other things. In Civ 5 the Order tree branch is incompatible with freedom. That makes absolutely no sense. Also, the Order tree branch in Civ 5 has Nationalism in it. That's a huge facepalm. I, and many other Communist, hate nationalism. I believe no nation has the right to exist. The Civilization creators must be extremely ignorant on Communism (Like much of the world) and think that Stalin and the USSR represents it or something. In fact the USSR wasn't Communist, but an oppressive and totalitarian state capitalist nation from my point of view. I don't consider Stalin a Communist either, rather an authoritarian dictator who did horrible things.

Moderator Action: The opening post is
a) extremly biased
b) political
c) and for that matter not enough on topic about civ5 and does not attribute enough interesting civ5 topics to ensure a good discussion.
Thread will be reopened if a proper opening post can be formulated, until this happens it stays closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom