1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Community Call to Power Project

Discussion in 'Civ 5 - Community Call to Power project' started by chrome-rome, Jul 24, 2011.

1. Gilgamesch

Gilgamesch Ancient Alien

Hello Azrael and welcome to the forum:band:
    Sorry to hear that you have problems.
    To help you we need some more informations. Also i cant read your complete log (lol google translate). CCTP is very CPU intensiv and the problem with CiV is, that it only use one core, even when you have 8:(. Believe me i have this problem...
    Are you running other mods? What gamesettings you play (visualsettings)? When you play with high settings, lower it and then try CCTP again.
    Because its sounds like there is a hardware /cpu problem. When a game becomes very slow, its normally a problem with the cpu.
    For more help, if this problem is not related to your system, please post us your game logs.
    Hope this helps and you understand my bad english.;)

2. xAzraelx

xAzraelx Chieftain

Spoiler :
    Hello Azrael and welcome to the forum:band:
    Sorry to hear that you have problems.
    To help you we need some more informations. Also i cant read your complete log (lol google translate). CCTP is very CPU intensiv and the problem with CiV is, that it only use one core, even when you have 8:(. Believe me i have this problem...
    Are you running other mods? What gamesettings you play (visualsettings)? When you play with high settings, lower it and then try CCTP again.
    Because its sounds like there is a hardware /cpu problem. When a game becomes very slow, its normally a problem with the cpu.
    For more help, if this problem is not related to your system, please post us your game logs.
    Hope this helps and you understand my bad english.;)

Thanks for the consert party:D
    Here is a translation
    Spoiler :
    Problem signature:
    Name of the problem event: APPCRASH
    Application name: CivilizationV_DX11.exe
    Application version: 1.0.2.21
    Application Timestamp: 509d5f40
    Name of the error module: ntdll.dll
    Version of the module: 6.1.7600.16385
    Timestamp module with the error: 4a5bdadb
    exception Code: c000070a
    exception Offset: 00099d74
    OS version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
    Language codeAdditional information 1: a7aa
    Additional information 2: a7aa91f17ea749d42a4de3b390fa5b3d
    Additional information 3: a7aa
    Additional information 4: a7aa91f17ea749d42a4de3b390fa5b3d

I think the main thing from this Log is this file ntdll.dll. Read already forums on the Inet, lots of people with this prloblem. Trying to solve this. But it doenn't tells why the game not crashes and freezez.
    NO other mods are being used only official DLC + G&K. Video settings are almost all high. Now I'll try playing on medium/low (Map 2 Civs 4 State 19 turn, the freeze game over: the unit does not go to the plase were i spoted but i can click on the unit/city set the "go to" or "buy cell" - in this case i can here the sound of falling gold? each time i buy a new cell so the game isn't freezed at general).
    You see, maybe I didn't say correct (freezing) but the navigation over the map and the game process during/before this problem isn't sloving the game, also the videodriver works fine no artifacts on the screen.
    Please tell how to get Game Logs. I*ll send it to you right now.
    I understand your English 100%))

3. Gilgamesch

Gilgamesch Ancient Alien

Here is a short instruction by whoward69
    Spoiler :
    In that config.ini file on your system, change

; Enable the logging system
    LoggingEnabled = 1

Then, in the Logs sub-dir at the same level as the file you will get a database.log file, the contents of that (should) help to pin-point errors in the xml

The important files are the XMl and the lua log. But you said you play without other mods, so it could be that there is no error in the log files.
    I just can speek for myself, but when i play with all settings high or very high, i also get a ctd at some point, and my game also slowsdown. (also this happen with a I7, 8 giga ram....)To avoid this there are some tipps, play with strategic view, disable unit fight (quckfight or how its called in the advanced game menue.
    The file you have posted seems like a normal crash report, also i translated it before sorry didnt posted it.
    Hopes this helps, so now i got to go to work)

4. xAzraelx

xAzraelx Chieftain

Hello again!
    Read diferrent forum threads on different sites, players have this problem also WITHOUT this or ANY mod/s. It seems a problem general for civ 5. The PC parameters differ from each other but the result is similar. There are some solutions that people found but they are "local" - give not a 100% result. For example, less crashes occur.
    1. For those who had a ctd with the code c0000005a/07b or similar helped changing in config.ini root file "hotloading of objects" from 0 to 1 ( Set to 1 to disable hotloading of objects) save the file , open your game and set tessalation to low on video settings.
    2. For some this solution helped: make a compatebility mode for Civ 5 DX_11: Win XP SP 2 (not the launcher, in this case the launcher won't let you start the game in dx11). In this way tesselation work fine. Tried by myself.
    3. As for me, I decreased Video config for off/low/medium where it is possible. First crash was on about 70 turn. On/off autoload didn't help (thought that it was it, autosave is each 10 turn), than i have crashen on 80 turn, after a few tries crashed on 90. Then I chanded autosave to 15 turns. Started from 80 turn and succesfully go throught 105 turn (So the main factor of problem isn't autosave). Also tried 5 turn autosave it crashed more than usually (So this "autosave" makes some contibution to ctd).
    Also found that crashes occur more likely when screen with different civs displayed.(diplomacy). Is there any way to "ease" the "weight" of this process?(scenes with civs are on minimum on video parametres)
    4. I'll post Logs today evening. Is it best posting logs here under spoiler of in the logs thread?
    Thanks for attention and good luck;)

5. Gilgamesch

Gilgamesch Ancient Alien

Right there are some options in the config.ini, sorry i didnt remembered that.
    I play with the changed settings since G&K, and yes i think they help.
    Its very sad when you have problems with games, have a similar problem with another game i bought. :cry:
    P.S. I guess your grafic drivers are up to date, have you also tried to clean your user cache and moduserdata. The last could help if there is a problem with some older modfiles, that can conflict with CCTP.

6. xAzraelx

xAzraelx Chieftain

Never mind
    Whats the game,Gilgamesch? I ask because there is a possibility to understand how to fix it.
    grafic drivers are up to date. About user cache and moduserdata - always clean after crash. It gains stability for the game - as I think. I have only 1 folder with ССPT - last edition 3.1. I always install mod from 0 deleting the old one.
    What about this?

7. Gilgamesch

Gilgamesch Ancient Alien

I have only encountered similar problems when playing real huge maps, then it tooks more time to load the diplomacy screen. And yes when you have a lot of diplomacy talks, in a row, then this can cause some problems. But normally the game will not crash, instead it will took some time to load the screens.
    I have no idea how to fix this. Maybe some experts here on the forum can provide help.
    Did you have encountered similar problems with vanilla G&K, or have you only problems when playing with CCTP?

BTW. The game is Alien Colonial Marines, damn i preordered it, anyway since last update cant run the game even the support crew has no clue.

8. xAzraelx

xAzraelx Chieftain

I have this problem playing original G&K without addons BUT I play DX11 on almost all hight settings hours forward (about 5-8 hours). It is very rare crash for just G&k, for about year I have only several (maybe 10 or something like that).

Alien Colonial Marines - read a lot about it. Its a pity. For some reason I thought that you bought the game of some flagman studio so we can find the link to the problem with the help of another techsupport.

UPD. How to post a log? its too many charecters

Attached Files:

• xml.txt
      File size:
      2.5 KB
      Views:
    • Lua.txt
      File size:
      77.7 KB
      Views:
  9. Slasky

Slasky Chieftain

I have a small question. What does the Airport do? i don't get what it means with "allows airlifting of units a turn".

10. Gilgamesch

Gilgamesch Ancient Alien

IIRC airfifting in CiV means, that you can use this ablility in your city to move troops via air, to another target. Should work similar like the para troopers.

11. Slasky

Slasky Chieftain

Ah okay thanks. I will try it out.
    Also a couple suggestions that shouldn't be too hard to implement but would be really helpfull.
    I would love having a few more shortcuts. In city screen would love to have a key for opening the Purchase meny, or even better not close it every time you buy something.
    Another is to have shortcuts on upgrading units or some better way than to click individually. this takes forever when having bought a lot of units :D Have 50 bombers to upg. right now ^^

12. Gilgamesch

Gilgamesch Ancient Alien

Arrr missed your update:dubious: Sorry.
    Will look at the logs, and to post the logs just pack them with winzip/winrar or a similar programm.
    Have fun with gaming......:D

13. xAzraelx

xAzraelx Chieftain

Okey, didn't find the reason for critical problems on DX9/10 on Win7.

But I've already played without any problems on WIN XP Sp2 for about 500 turns. :crazyeye: All high video settings, standart map.
    The Content (Techs, Units, Govermets etc) are awesome!!!
    Thank YOU all of the Team who made this mode!
    I'll post a solution If I find it for Win 7.

!!!Attention!!!:)
    Question: Soon their will be Brave New World. What do think about it? What are the plans for CCTP thinking of BNW? For example their will be 2 new polices. Have you thought about it, adding them or something else?

UPD. Already find thread "Brave New World plans?" so you may not answer

14. chrome-rome

chrome-rome King

Hey all, sorry for the lack of communication on my end.

I have been trying like hell to clean up an issue that I had with the tech tree for the last month. I have made some progress, but I cannot figure out the main issue for the life of me. So for now, the project is in limbo. I'll ask for help on the main modding forum. If none is available, then I'll just release what I have. It is "playable," but you wont be able to see the tech trees, and it is rather buggy. So hopefully someone will be able to assist me. Until then, happy gaming.

15. 3335d

3335d CCtP Player

Not being able to see the tech trees could turn out to be a feature rather than a bug; in real life, nobody knows where a given line of scientific research will lead.

16. chrome-rome

chrome-rome King

:lol: True, but since the tech tree has a few bottlenecks and such now, no knowing where you are going is not such a good thing :p. And I'm about 95% sure the buggy-ness (in game crashes) is from the tech tree

17. civ_liberty

civ_liberty Chieftain

Is there any progress on making CCTP compatible with custom maps? I'm absolutely dying to play CCTP with my custom 2020 Giant Earth Map.

18. dinobot386

dinobot386 Prince

Same, I've got some Giant Earth maps of Earth in it's various geological phases that I spent a long time making accurate maps of

Pangea (from the Permian/Triassic) Gondwana and Laurasia (from Jurassic and early Cretaceous) and maps of Earths predicted continental drift from 100 million years from now to 200 million years from now (using rough maps from the old 2003 animal planet program "The Future is Wild")

I'd love to make a Terra Nova-esq scenario with the later eras in CCTP

19. Drntomagnini

Drntomagnini Chieftain

Why OIL is not strategic??:confused:

20. Gilgamesch

Gilgamesch Ancient Alien

Hey welcome to the forum:band:
    Oil is a stratetic resource, but there is a bug in CCTP.:rolleyes:
    So Oil is not correctly shown on the toolbar, and you can not trade it with ai.