1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

COMMUNITY CALL TO POWER v4.05 Play-testing Release

Discussion in 'Civ 5 - Community Call to Power project' started by gyogen2, Aug 26, 2014.

1. Gilgamesch

Gilgamesch Ancient Alien

As always a very nice and helpfull post from you.

2. Gilgamesch

Gilgamesch Ancient Alien

Sorry to say, but we havnt updated this mod since last year, this project is just to big, to keep it with two people alive.

3. DarkMessiah

DarkMessiah Chieftain

Wow, just 2 people? :nuke: What happened to everyone else?

4. Gilgamesch

Gilgamesch Ancient Alien

Yes just 2, if Gyogen wouldnt helped me, there wouldnt be any updates of this mod.

Since BNW, the team was already very small, Chrome left before the release, Horem and Fires helped with some parts, but both where busy with other projects or real live.

Most of the work was done by me, then when i lost my hope Gyogen entered and provided so much help i couldnt believe it.

Sure some people did translations, helped on other parts, and im glad for this help, but since we are all moving forwards, and no one was offering his helping hand in the past to do the mayor community work, this project is on hold.

From time to time, people add me on steam, and i help them with CCTP and i overwork some parts and do some changes with my version, but before i would upload another version, what would be the finanal version, there is still so much to do.

5. tomtheawesome

tomtheawesome Chieftain

Um help please! my cities are revolting because i have too much order. My order now is currently +69. How do i reduce my order? I have all the crime buildings i can get, but it wont reduce my order.

6. Zandor Glorph

Zandor Glorph Chieftain

Ok, so I dont know if this is the right spot(if not please redirect me to the right one), but i would like to help. there is a kinda major problem though, im not quite sure on how to mod civ 5 and i might need a little help to get started. i do have experience with python programming and i know how to learn from looking at examples of already done code even if it isnt python. i just need to know which programs i need, how to help, and someone to get me started.

7. tomtheawesome

tomtheawesome Chieftain

You dont use any programming! you just go to Documents/My Games/ Sid Meir's civilization V/ MODS

And copy the files there!;)

8. Gilgamesch

Gilgamesch Ancient Alien

CiV provides several own tools for the modding community, you can download them free from Steam, just look under Tools and CiV SDK.

Thats how we do mods ;;=)

"Modbuddy":king:

9. Ortiz713

Ortiz713 Chieftain

hey man my policies wont show the screen is just blank.

10. andkvi98

andkvi98 Chieftain

So ive been playing around a bit with this mod and i love it so far. Im playing at the normal speed and when i get to aprox. turns 250 -320 the game starts freezing more and more frequently whenever u click next turn. I was just proceeding from the pre-historuic era into the ancient era at the time.

It is also worth noting these freezes have only happened on one of my 2 computers.
    Im running Civ V DirectX 10 &11 on Windows 7

Keep this great mod going mate! its really looking good!

Edit: Ive added a screenshot of the mods im running, could they be the problem?

Attached Files:

11. DarkMessiah

DarkMessiah Chieftain

Biggest bug I've seen so far is when a Hero is born, it can't decide what the name should be, it constantly respawns a new Hero with a different name. I can resolve the issue when it occurs to my Hero's but when it's the computer's turn, there's nothing I can do to stop it, not even with IGE. Most I can do at that point is reload (usually from IGE) and hope the computer civs don't screw up again. The Order does seem a bit unbalanced, if you choose any option (healing, no work, etc) your Order goes dramatically up. You have to be building something from your Order stay low which is something I'd like to see changed. Science I saw does help reduce Order but not by enough to do much to stop a revolt from occuring. Personally I think there should be an option to be considered a "police state" that doesn't constantly cause revolts on top of making the Order alot more balanced.

12. Ortiz713

Ortiz713 Chieftain

hey man i was just wondering if you can make the policy tech tree a separate mod?

13. beewyka819

beewyka819 Chieftain

You should look into helping with the "Ultimate Era's Mod" which is currently on the Steam workshop and has a similar idea to this!

14. Zandor Glorph

Zandor Glorph Chieftain

When i play this mod(with whowards dll v68) i have a lot of problems
    1.) order is non existant
    2.) the tech tree with all those little tabs is blank when i open it
    3.) the social policy trees only show the policies that fit in the little reguler boxes even though i can tell there is more.
    how do i fix these problems?

15. Gilgamesch

Gilgamesch Ancient Alien

Please follow this instructions.

16. Zandor Glorph

Zandor Glorph Chieftain

17. Zandor Glorph

Zandor Glorph Chieftain

i cant figure it out, i see all the problems in the database and cant quite figure out which ones to try to fix. i would really like to play/use this mod but i dont have the time to fix these problems because im in college. I know i said i wanted to get into programming but this tutorial assumes i know more then i do(and have more time then i do). do you have a more stable version of the mod?

18. Zandor Glorph

Zandor Glorph Chieftain

ok so i looked a bit more into it and i think I'm starting to understand what all this means, but its just way to much to process. here is all the entries in the database added by the mods whowards dll, and cctp. if someone would like to walk me through it at least i would be grateful.
    View attachment ModDataBase.txt

PS:
    if possible i would like to be walked through it instead of plain out just sending the fixed file to me.

19. Gilgamesch

Gilgamesch Ancient Alien

Iam sorry to say, but you miss a lot of needed dlcs, and also you have a corrupted version of CCTP, if you have downloaded the latest version from the game test thread, you should have just a hand full of errors in the list.

But your log is full of game breaking issues, there is nothing i can do to quick fix it.

20. Zandor Glorph

Zandor Glorph Chieftain

would it help if i got the mini dlc and re-downloaded cctp?