Community Patch Events Development

The Grand Souk for Arabia doesn't give additional lux at least if you build it after building East India Company
Hmmm must prob be that the effect dont stack ill check

EVENT_RENAISSANCE -- Landsknecht in every city. Should only be in the capital.

Strange.

It's up to the modder for that modded civ to ensure compatibility with civ-specific events, but they shouldn't interfere with more general events like this mod.

That’s a me problem. I haven’t done compatibility with E&D for VP. It hasn’t been top of mind

Sure there is. Implement whatever changes are needed to adjust you local install of the custom civs so that they work with enginseer’s events.

If I knew what to do in greater detail, I would have already done it, but I haven’t taken the time to learn how to navigate the CBP events system. It’s very well-documented in CBP, so it’s shouldnt be too difficult

This might be a strange question, but is the current version of Events and Decisions V. 5? Just want to make sure I'm using it properly. I have both V4 and V5 in my in-game list of mods for some reason.

Is it possible to use this mod with only the Community Patch, and if not is there a version that works with only the Community Patch and not the full Vox Populi package? I like the Community Patch, the events system found within and the idea of this mod, I just don't want to completely change the balance of my game with the full VP package.

There were plans to, but no active modder at the moment.

Well drat. I was hoping I would be able to use this mod without changing around the entire game to compensate. Just out of curiosity, what events are already included in the base Community Patch mod?

I'm not sure if this mod is still supported/alive but anyway the Pest infestation bad events seems really crippling with -1 :c5food: on all farms especially early game, the event mentions "unless something can be done" ... is there something that could be done to revert that event ? tied to a a tech, building or whatever or i should just live with it ?

I'm not sure if this mod is still supported/alive but anyway the Pest infestation bad events seems really crippling with -1 :c5food: on all farms especially early game, the event mentions "unless something can be done" ... is there something that could be done to revert that event ? tied to a a tech, building or whatever or i should just live with it ?

It's unusual to get that early in the game. There's a related event that allows you to use tech points to research a solution that fixes the problem (and I think makes your farms give more food as well). I don't know if it's related to a particular tech though, I've only come across it mid-late game.

I installed Vox Populi 7-29-1, full CP/CBO with EUI, etc. Everything is going fine, and enjoying some of the new events that i've see so far.
Is this "Community Events" mod in addition to the built in events that already come with VoxPopuli? (so it adds more events that Vox Populi doesn't have?)

Do i just subscribe to the steam workshop item? Never installed mods via steam before ... not sure how that works with VP.
thx

I installed Vox Populi 7-29-1, full CP/CBO with EUI, etc. Everything is going fine, and enjoying some of the new events that i've see so far.
Is this "Community Events" mod in addition to the built in events that already come with VoxPopuli? (so it adds more events that Vox Populi doesn't have?)

Do i just subscribe to the steam workshop item? Never installed mods via steam before ... not sure how that works with VP.
thx

Yep! Community Events is intended to provide a bit more variety to the events system as well give you a few civ-specific events.

Just as you say, subscribing to the steam workshop item will do most of the work for you. From there go to MODS from the main menu and select or deselect the ones you want! The Community Events mod should appear in the list under the main components of VP as '(7) Community Events (v.5)' :).

The thing to watch for with Steam mods is compatability. Installing them is pretty easy, but some will create conflicts with others and it's not always obvious which is at fault. Community Events is made to work with VP though so you shouldn't encounter problems with it!

Top Bottom