Community Patch Events Development

--Introduced an experimental set of events known as hokath's Corporation Events:
  • Adds 1 Wonder unlocked at Penicillin (with audio)
  • Adds 1 Building unlocked at Corporations known as Malls.
  • Introduces Corporate Events
  • Unsure about how balanced they are. I have not given a strong look over them. Notify me of any spelling errors or any bugs you see in this set.

--Removed Advisor Events until further versions(rework in progress)

--Religious Wonders
Added minimum yield cost. They will now require you to hold in faith and their appropriate yield cost to take advantage of their benefits. Enhancing your holy religion from events is now more difficult! Also apparently there's this mod called Bare Necessities that introduces more follower buildings. They'll receive bonuses from these events as well. Also fixed a bug where Romans could randomly grab these bonuses for no apparent reason. ;)
For Apostolic Tradition...
  • Choice 1's Bonus to Temple and AP reduced from +2 to +1.
  • Choice 3's Bonus to Follower Buildings and AP reduced from +3 to +1.
  • Choice 4's AP Bonus Modifier increased from +20% to +50%.
  • Choice 5's Civil Servant Bonus reduced from +2 to +1.
For Ceremonial Burial...
  • Choice 1's Bonus to Temple and Mausoleum reduced from +2 to +1.
  • Choice 2's Fanatical Bonus no longer reduces Defensive Strength by 10%, HP gained from kills reduced from 10 to 5.
  • Choice 3's Bonus to Follower Buildings and Mausoleum reduced from +3 to +1.
  • Choice 4's Mausoleum Bonus Modifier increased from +20% to +33%.
For Council of Elders...
  • Choice 1's Bonus to Temple and Council reduced from +2 to +1.
  • Choice 2's Instant Yield from Citizen Birth reduced from 20 to 5.
  • Choice 3's Bonus to Follower Buildings and Council reduced from +3 to +1.
  • Choice 6's Food to Science Bonus reduced from +20% to +10%.
For Hero Worship...
  • Choice 1's Bonus to Temple and Great Altar reduced from +2 to +1.
  • Choice 3's Bonus to Follower Buildings and Great Altar reduced from +3 to +2.
  • Choice 4's Modifier increased from +20% to +25%.
For Holy Law...
  • Choice 1's Bonus to Temple and Court reduced from +2 to +1.
  • Choice 3's Bonus to Follower Buildings and Court reduced from +3 to +1.
For Mandate of Heaven...
  • Choice 1's Bonus to Temple and Throne reduced from +2 to +1.
  • Choice 3 no longer generates Faith to Follower Buildings and Throne, but +1 Food and +1 Production.
  • Choice 4's Modifier decreased from +20% to +10%, but introduces +10% Culture modifier.
For Theocratic Rule
  • Choice 1's Bonus to Temple and Ossuary reduced from +2 to +1.
  • Choice 3's Bonus to Follower Buildings and Ossuary reduced from +3 to +1.
  • Choice 4's Modifier increased from +10% to +20%.
  • Choice 6 now adds +10 Tourism to the Palace.
For Way of the Pilgrim
  • Choice 1's Bonus to Temple and Reliquary reduced from +2 to +1.
  • Choice 2's Instant Yield from Citizen Birth reduced from 10 to 5.
  • Choice 3's Bonus to Follower Buildings and Ossuary reduced from +3 to +1.
  • Choice 5's Bonus to Civil Servants reduced from +2 to +1.
For Way of Transcendence
  • Choice 1's Bonus to Temples and Garden reduced from +2 to +1.
  • Choice 3's Bonus to Follower Buildings and Garden reduced from +3 to +2.

--Miscellaneous Event
  • Mine Glint Event no longer has a choice that grants free Iron.
  • Finding Dinosaur Bones' WLTKD Turn reduced from 10 to 5.
  • Finding Dinosaur Bones' Shrine Yield Bonus nerfed from +2 to +1.
  • Eye for an Eye now provides a 25% chance of a 5 Turn WLTKD(from 100%).
  • Eye for an Eye's Happiness increased from +1 to +2.
  • A Freed Man's Tradition Reward reduced from 100 Gold to 50 Food.
  • A Freed Man's Progress Reward reduced from 50 Culture to 15 Culture.
  • A Freed Man's Authority Reward reduced from 50 Production to 20 Production.
  • Refugee's Fealty Reward reduced from 200 Faith to 50 Faith.
  • Refugee's Statecraft Reward reduced from 1 Population to 75 Gold.
  • Refugee's Artistry Reward reduced from 150 Tourism to 25 Tourism.
  • Immigrant's Industry Reward reduced from 300 GAP to 100 GAP.
  • Immigrant's Rationalism Reward reduced from 150 Science to 100 Science.
  • The Infamous Barbarian Event now penalizes you with -4 Unhappiness for 10 Turns instead of -2 Unhappiness for 30 Turns if you refuse to fight the barbarians.
  • Worker Strike now has a 50% chance of spawning 2 barbarian units and revolting your city for 2 turns(from 100%).

--Moved all of Civilization Event's First Choice (Free Great Person) from Medieval Era to the Renaissance Era.
Custom support mods will have SQL Trigger for them to hit the Renaissance Era.
I will attempt to add support for civ authors who have made events but are not available to update. No promises.
--Note there's gonna be some unique religious buildings where they don't reduce unhappiness by a flat number. Now I thought about updating them but then thought this could be how you can have a weaker version of the generic religion building. If you have inquiries, you can always ask. I'm not all-knowing of changes made.
  • America's Prohibition is now permanent.
  • America's Prohibition Gold Bonus reduced from +2 to +1.
  • Austria's Hereditary Lands now grant you +2 Paper.
  • Austria's Hereditary Lands Culture requirement reduced from 200 to 150.
  • Austria's High Society of Vienna's WLTKD Bonus increased from +33% to +50%.
  • Austria's Higher Society of Vienna's WLTKD increased from 20 to 25 and Bonus increased from +33% to +50%.
  • Fixed where Brazil wasn't giving free Great People.
  • Brazil's Gold Rush is permanent.
  • Brazil's Gold Rush now grants +5% Poverty instead of +1 Unhappiness.
  • Brazil's Biodiesel Industry now grants 3 copies of Oil(from 2).
  • Byzantium's Mercenary Gold Requirement reduced from 150 to 50.
  • Byzantium's Mercenary Count increased from 3 to 4.
  • Byzantium's Iconolastry Bonus increased from +3 to +5(now including Golden Age Points into the bonus).
  • Celtic's Tin Monopoly no longer grants gold from foreign trade routes to their city.
  • Celtic's Tin Monopoly now grants +2 Gold to THEIR trade routes.
  • Celtic's Romanticism now adds +1 Tourism to Stadium.
  • Fixed where England wasn't getting 2 free Longbowman.
  • England's Grand Tourney Bonus increased from +25% to +50%.
  • Ethiopia's Stone Worship bonus increased from +1 to +2.
  • Germany's Unity Under One Flag is now permanent.
  • Germany's Conservatories Sponsorship Bonus on Opera Houses reduced from +2 to +1.
  • Germany's Science Funding bonus decreased from +3 to +2.
  • Germany's Call for War now requires 200 national population to be activated(from 75).
  • Greece's Assembly GP Bonus decreased from 15% to 10%.
  • Greece's Society of Friends now offers +2 Production to Civil Servants.
  • Greece's Nationalize Language Bonus to Printing Press increased from +10% to +15%.
  • Hun's Burial Rite no longer requires Faith and Gold to be used.
  • Hun's Burial Rite Yield reduced from 15 to 5 scaling per era.
  • Inca's Alpaca Wool no longer provides +2 Happiness, but +1 Happiness per City.
  • India's Satyagraha now applies -5% Boredom and -5% Distress.
  • Indonesia's Gamelan Style no longer consumes/requires 2 Iron.
  • Iroquois's Lacross Stadium/Garden Bonus reduced from +5/+3 to +1.
  • Korea's Assassination is Permanent.
  • Korea's Turtle Armor reworked (+33% Defense versus Ranged Attacks)
  • Korea's Assassination no longer incurs a penalty on Custom Houses and instead grants you 100 Culture when an enemy spy is killed in your cities.
  • Maya's Pok Ta Pok no longer subtracts Food, but as well not adding Faith toward your Kunas.
  • Maya's Survival of the Fittest now grants the ability when Internal Trade Routes ends, 25 Gold in their Origin City when completed, scaling with Era.
  • Netherland's Exploitation is now permanent. No longer providing WLTKD, but granting +15 Food and +5 Golden Age Points to Courthouses.
  • Poland's New Identity's Wall Defense reduced from +10 to +5 and HP from +200 to +100.
  • Rome's Mayor of the Palace now grants 4 copies of Paper instead of +1 Happiness.
  • Sweden's Epic Saga will now generate +3 extra Gold for any International Trade Route that begins or end at the Capital.
  • Siam's New Alliance is permanent.
  • Venice's Heraclea provides a free Pioneer instead of a Settler.
Got a complaint to make, Do it in the Discord Server!

Venice event sprung a pioneer t89. working as intended? Seems really strong

Venice event sprung a pioneer t89. working as intended? Seems really strong
I find that the AI will idle their Venetian Settler because it's not a strong priority for them to settle? (Idk considering they are venice)

If I made it a Pioneer, they seem to settle anywhere regardless of how bad the city start is.

Perhaps I should up the national population requirement from 15 to 25 however..

Is not so OP. For some reason I thought it would settle with buildings from 100 turns later, not so.

Is there a way to increase the rate of events occurring:undecide::undecide:
Inside the CE folder, there is a developmental file...
Code:
UPDATE Defines
SET Value = 9
WHERE Name = 'EVENT_MIN_DURATION_BETWEEN';
UPDATE Defines
SET Value = 24
WHERE Name = 'CITY_EVENT_MIN_DURATION_BETWEEN';
Set the value lower for your preferences.

Is the value set in terms of minutes or turns? Like the min between duration is 9/24min or turns?

Is the value set in terms of minutes or turns? Like the min between duration is 9/24min or turns?
Turns.. not sure why it would ever be minutes.

There are a few events that don't scale, being asked if I want 10 culture in the year 1800 is a bit unnecessary...

There are a few events that don't scale, being asked if I want 10 culture in the year 1800 is a bit unnecessary...
you could either have 10 culture or a pillaged improvement :goodjob:

I'll take a look next update.

Make them obsolete maybe? They are taking the event proc over other potentially more interesting events.

I was curious if you all think these are polished enough to bring into the mod as core?

I feel that if events are enabled, than having a solid suite of them is good. And of course people can turn off this mod by disabling the event system.

There are a number of options in the advanced settings menu that can be used to enable or disable specific parts of the events system. Options to toggle things like Good Events, Bad Events, Trade Events, Civ Specific Events and so on.

Correct me if I am wrong or this has been changed recently, but I remember Natural Wonder Events not belonging to any of those event subcategories.

This was rather irksome for me a while back when I had this mod and the 3rd and 4th Unique Components mod installed together in a modpack. I started a game as Mongolia and didn’t feel like having events enabled that specific game. However, some of the components added by the 3rd and 4th Unique Components mod require the events system to be enabled in order to work properly (I believe Carthage’s Tophet UB was one such example). At first I thought this was going to cause some issues, however I then remembered that I could simply leave the core events system enabled and disable all of the event subcategories (bad events, good events, etc.).

Disabling all of the individual types of events like that should effectively disable all events despite the core system being enabled. However, I noticed the Natural Wonder Events were still triggering. I realized this as I started my game as Mongolia near King Solomon's Mines and I planted my second city next to it. For the remainder of the game, I was getting events that would spawn barbarians or do things like increase the :c5production: Production and :tourism: Tourism yields of the national wonder, for example, when I didn’t want those kinds of things happening.

I don’t think it necessary to add a new ‘Natural Wonder Events’ subcategory of events in the advanced options menu. Rather, could Natural Wonder Events simply be included under something like the ‘Neutral Events’ category for customization purposes?

There are a number of options in the advanced settings menu that can be used to enable or disable specific parts of the events system. Options to toggle things like Good Events, Bad Events, Trade Events, Civ Specific Events and so on.

Correct me if I am wrong or this has been changed recently, but I remember Natural Wonder Events not belonging to any of those event subcategories.

This was rather irksome for me a while back when I had this mod and the 3rd and 4th Unique Components mod installed together in a modpack. I started a game as Mongolia and didn’t feel like having events enabled that specific game. However, some of the components added by the 3rd and 4th Unique Components mod require the events system to be enabled in order to work properly (I believe Carthage’s Tophet UB was one such example). At first I thought this was going to cause some issues, however I then remembered that I could simply leave the core events system enabled and disable all of the event subcategories (bad events, good events, etc.).

Disabling all of the individual types of events like that should effectively disable all events despite the core system being enabled. However, I noticed the Natural Wonder Events were still triggering. I realized this as I started my game as Mongolia near King Solomon's Mines and I planted my second city next to it. For the remainder of the game, I was getting events that would spawn barbarians or do things like increase the :c5production: Production and :tourism: Tourism yields of the national wonder, for example, when I didn’t want those kinds of things happening.

I don’t think it necessary to add a new ‘Natural Wonder Events’ subcategory of events in the advanced options menu. Rather, could Natural Wonder Events simply be included under something like the ‘Neutral Events’ category for customization purposes?
ok :) soon

Top Bottom