Community Patch - How To Install

i can add another one. puppeted Mbanza kongo doesnt aquire new land, and his culture is at 0 while monument is present. i rezign playing Dandolo. and yep i will, but i dont want it to be overlooked when mister G is away.

another thing that made me mad was when i liberated that cs mented above and pledged protection while it was still injured. Good relations from liberating was past after 3 turns( btw, that older version, which gave 150 points for liberating had much more sense than just 75)

anyway,should i clear cache and usermoddata folders before every game?

i mean, between new games with VP. bcoz its weir. puppeted cs doesnt anex any tiles. 1 from monument -25% from being puppet its still 0.75 so there should be some border expand progress. theres none.

bad net, sry for spam.
edit: ok so i use this spam missclick for aqnother thing. im writing here bcoz im not sure if its either bug or intended and here is no proper active bug thread. as im counting and discovering, puppet cities are just not worth at all. while having 25% penalty from science, culture output(that means annect them early is bad idea, bcoz with just monument city will not expand unless it has some good natural wonder, bcoz culture modifier counting only integers) they also paying full maintanance from buildings.That being said, in my eyes is worth keep them only bcoz fact there can be some strat resource deposit and they will at least with some decent infra pay themselve in all yilds to not be burden..... about happines i just dont know if they are less demanding or its due less citizens in city thus they need less modifier to be satisfied. but at all,regardless tha fact u absolutely cannot handle citizen organization, its pretty bad for venetians or at least at start. apreciate some tricks how to do with Dandolo, but not here.

also, how can Dandolo raze city, if he decide in future that he wants do so? i cant see that option.

i mean, between new games with VP.

No, you don't need to clear cache and ModUserData between games, it is required only between mods updates, but as the autoinstaller does it for you automatically, you don't need to do it at all.

As for the puppets, someone else will have to help you, I almost always annex or raze. Even if I sometimes puppet, I annex as soon as my happiness reaches the safe levels. If am not mistaken, the puppets do NOT incur the science penalty, only the culture/social policy one.

puppets have -25% modifier. at least u can see that in city view. +6% tech cost increase and policy also.

another thing. Circus maximus doesnt apply 10% bonus on culture while in LTK, only apply on gold. Thats weird bcoz in previous game as Assyria it did apply.

hey, so after some time I finally got it to work with EUI (yes i'm kind of a noob)... But now the only problem that I have with this is that I have no descriptions or promotion names that this patch adds, it's just a bunch of TXT_ETC_ETC_ETC.

anyone encountered this?

hey, so after some time I finally got it to work with EUI (yes i'm kind of a noob)... But now the only problem that I have with this is that I have no descriptions or promotion names that this patch adds, it's just a bunch of TXT_ETC_ETC_ETC.

Sounds like a mod conflict. Remove all the mods and EUI DLC, install Vox Populi without any other mods and see if it works. If it does, add a mod u like one by one to track the conflict. A great deal of the best mods are already included in the CP and so they conflict for sure. I'm currently using the following mods without any bad conflict with the full-community patch:

FlagPromotions(v7), InfoAddict(v22), Music Changer(v2), RemoveBanLuxury(v1), Wonder Race(v3).

CIV-linked Great Generals(v9) and Great Prophet historical Names(v31) might also work, but you have to choose just one of them I think.

Hi, this is my first mod to install, along with ingame editor, and it looks perfect, tried yet not another earth map mod, then deleted it.
but..I messed things up, I tried to read up the thread, but all the first pages are too old and the last are not my problem!

the thing is, I used the Automatic Installer, (with the EUI), launched the game, activated the mod, stted a game:

first try:
nor resources, NONE, and no cities states!

2nd try:
resources only next to cities

3rd try:
CRASH!

4th try and finally saw the damn small note:
Note: if using standard EUI with just the Community Patch (the 'Core' Installation), there's one additional step. Delete the LUA folder from the Community Patch. You will lose some interface changes from the Community Patch, but EUI will work normally.

I'm confused, what LUA folder!

4th try and finally saw the damn small note:
Note: if using standard EUI with just the Community Patch (the 'Core' Installation), there's one additional step. Delete the LUA folder from the Community Patch. You will lose some interface changes from the Community Patch, but EUI will work normally.

I'm confused, what LUA folder!

Stop!!! Before you start deleting stuff, first check the following. If you are using the whole package (= Community Patch and the Community Balance Patch), you should not need to delete anything. Even if you had installed the stand-alone EUI before (I think you hadn't if this is your first mod), the autoinstaller should take care of it.

1) Check if your Civ5 is up to date - after you launch the game, the version should be under the main menu and it should end with .279. If it does not update the game from Steam

2) You need certain techs for certain resources to appear, but if you could see some in the CS territory, this is probably not your problem.

C:\Users\Username\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\(1) Community Patch\Core Files\CoreLua:c5razing:

.....OK, but vyyt doesn't seem to agree, and if it IS that Lua files, For GOD SAKE, Y U NO PUT IT IN the note, and make it red

Stop!!! Before you start deleting stuff, first check the following. If you are using the whole package (= Community Patch and the Community Balance Patch), you should not need to delete anything. Even if you had installed the stand-alone EUI before (I think you hadn't if this is your first mod), the autoinstaller should take care of it.

1) updated
2) well yeah strat resources, i'm talking no luxery, hell nothing in the map even after a ige reveal map!

.....OK, but vyyt doesn't seem to agree

Not that I disagree, I would just go for the easier solution first, before trying something not easily reversible - especially if it seems you hadn't been using EUI before - have you??? And your "symptomps" are typical for Civ5 not updated to the latest version.

1) updated
2) well yeah strat resources, i'm talking no luxery, hell nothing in the map even after a ige reveal map!

So you are on Civ5 version .279, right? Not sure if IGE reveals resources if you do not have the needed techs - I suppose you can give yourself these with IGE too though ...

So now you can try what Weketor suggests.

It works!
turns out that I was missing files, incomplete patch, steam integrity check failed first time tried it :(

thanks guys really appreciated!
Civ 5 is now 1000x better! I can only imagine the shame Firaxis felt when they tested it!!!
I can already see they learned many stuff from this in civ 6 vids.
Respect for the mod creators, now If u allow me, I have months to burn replaying this game, I'm gonna leave civ6 (gotta try it at least once tho :mischief:, can't resist the temptations) then come back in a few months, I can't stand incomplete games!
again thank you very much.

I'm sorry if this has been covered, but this thread is super long and I couldn't find it. This mod has ruined my game. I can't run any other mods, and yes I "unchecked" this mod before trying to run others. I've uninstalled Civ V and deleted all related files, and then re-installed it through Steam. The game wont work properly. There seems to be an interface portion of the mod that remains somehow and I can't figure out why or where it is to delete. Any chance someone can help?

I'm sorry if this has been covered, but this thread is super long and I couldn't find it. This mod has ruined my game. I can't run any other mods, and yes I "unchecked" this mod before trying to run others. I've uninstalled Civ V and deleted all related files, and then re-installed it through Steam. The game wont work properly. There seems to be an interface portion of the mod that remains somehow and I can't figure out why or where it is to delete. Any chance someone can help?

Is the below folder still in your steam dir?

And if he has installed the EUI version also the EUI in the Steam directory: something like Program Files (x86)\Steamapps\assets\Sid Meier's Civ5\DLCs\UC_bc1\ sorry, I am not on my computer, so I do not remember the exact path.

Not sure if this has anything to do with EUI, but suddenly my cursor is showing up behind the UI. Like the UI is layered even over top the cursor.

Anyone else ever had that?

Top Bottom