Community Patch - How To Install

The newest version still shows 2.1.12 in "How to install" thread:
Newest Version:
January 12th (2.1.12)

I checked the MEGA now, the files were dated Jan 27. Is this beta? Or official? Because the main post was Jan 12 as stated above by others. I often don't look at the MEGA and will look into it if there's a new version headlined. I always manually install. Thanks.

Update it manually from the links in this or "new version inbound" thread.

I checked the MEGA now, the files were dated Jan 27. Is this beta? Or official? Because the main post was Jan 12 as stated above by others. I often don't look at the MEGA and will look into it if there's a new version headlined. I always manually install. Thanks.

Yes, it should be the latest one - from 26 Jan (no beta). The devs just forgot to update the date in the main post. If the file date is 27 Jan, it probably just means it was patched or hotfixed.

Last edited:
Mods list: VOX 1 (CP Jan27), Suk (EnD3, Suz1.5), EE6, JFD (CULDIV13, CID58, EC4)

Dont know whos causing this. The VOX or SUZ?
Getting random notices about " faith or gold FROM RESEARCHING A NEW TECH

http://images.akamai.steamuserconte...723/7C839F2506C15EBD43096A457A29E4A3143B78D7/

I just ignored and continued. More random notices still comming. This is negligible though. Just want to report.

On these current lua and database, the notification was like 95 gold from researching a new tech.

Attachments

• Database.txt
    2.4 KB · Views: 64
  • Lua.txt
    174.7 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Is quick combat supposed to be on and can't be turned off?
So I've loved the mod so far but sometimes I enjoy playing with the combat animations. However, quick combat seems to remain whether or not it's checked or unchecked during the set-up phase.
Is this normal?

Update GPU drivers.
Clear installation of CivV & mods should also be helpful.
Do you use any graphics-changing mods?

Sorry if this is stupid question, but when I'm updating to a newer version (with a previous version already installed), are there any special instructions I need to be aware of? Or can i simply just run the auto-installer for the newest version?

Sorry if this is stupid question, but when I'm updating to a newer version (with a previous version already installed), are there any special instructions I need to be aware of? Or can i simply just run the auto-installer for the newest version?

You can run the auto-installer, but make sure to check that older versions were cleared out of your MODS folder.

G

You can run the auto-installer, but make sure to check that older versions were cleared out of your MODS folder.

G
Thanks for the reply, looks like it installed correctly. Can saves be carried over between updates? If the answer is supposed to be yes, then i may not have actually installed it correctly

Runtime Error: C:\Users\Kenneth\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\(1) Community Patch\LUA\EspionageOverview.lua:430: attempt to index global 'pActivePlayer' (a nil value)

Saw this runtime error on the LUA on the game I just encountered a CTD now. But I dont think VOX is the culprit here.

Attachments

• Database.txt
    2.5 KB · Views: 43
  • Lua.txt
    76.9 KB · Views: 83
Not usually no.
Well that's a relief. Kind of unrelated, but there is a setting i can tweak somewhere within the files of the mod or an xml file to re-enable the second unique unit for each civ? I'm guessing they were probably removed to make the civs more balanced, but honestly i never play multiplayer or anything so I can live with some slight unbalancing. Unless they weren't supposed to be turned off and I have a mod conflict or something. :undecide:

Runtime Error: C:\Users\Kenneth\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\(1) Community Patch\LUA\EspionageOverview.lua:430: attempt to index global 'pActivePlayer' (a nil value)

Saw this runtime error on the LUA on the game I just encountered a CTD now. But I dont think VOX is the culprit here.

If you think you encountered a bug in Vox Populi, please report to GitHub:

https://github.com/LoneGazebo/Community-Patch-DLL/issues

Bug reports will most probably not be picked up by devs here. However, it seems you are playing with some other mods (I don't know what most of these abbreviations in your previous post mean), so I suspect you are experiencing mod conflicts.

I cannot get this to work. I have spent the past two days doing everything I can think of to get it to work. No matter what I do the result is the same - as soon as the game loads INSTANT DEFEAT.
I have uninstalled and re-installed Civ 5 twice now for a fresh clean start with just the CP mod running. I have all the DLCs.

I have used the CP mod presented here in the workshop and have downloaded the Vox Populi and used auto-install to just install the basic CP only. Each time all cache and logs wiped clean.
No matter what I do the result is the same - INSTANT DEFEAT

Please help me solve this. I would very much like to try/play this mod.

I'm using the non-EUI versions of the mod. Let's get the plain vanilla version working first then I'll try the EUI and the other mods that go with the CP.

Just before I get the INSTANT DEFEAT when I start the game, the game is processing the turn for barbarians. Why is it processing the barbarians turn before the game has even started and there has been no turns, for anyone, at all?

I have used the CP mod presented here in the workshop and have downloaded the Vox Populi and used auto-install to just install the basic CP only?

Are you saying that you are trying to make the CP from Steam workshop and VP from here to work together?

Maybe it won't help, but I'd try unsubscribing from the Steam CP, deleting it from the Mods folder (if it is not done automatically after unsubscribing) and then installing the whole package (non-EUI) from the autoinstaller from here.

Never tried the Steam version, but I can imagine it can possible create a mess if you overwrite the CP part by the autoinstaller and then the game tries to update the CP from the workshop.

If anything, you will know that you are using the corresponding CP and CBOP (= the overhaul part of VP). Don't know how often the Steam version is updated, but I suppose only when it is 100% sure the version is stable.

Last edited:
Are you saying that you are trying to make the CP from Steam workshop and VP from here to work together?

Maybe it won't help, but I'd try unsubscribing from the Steam CP, deleting it from the Mods folder (if it is not done automatically after unsubscribing) and then installing the whole package (non-EUI) from the autoinstaller from here.

Never tried the Steam version, but I can imagine it can possible create a mess if you overwrite the CP part by the autoinstaller and then the game tries to update the CP from the workshop.

If anything, you will know that you are using the corresponding CP and CBOP (= the overhaul part of VP). Don't know how often the Steam version is updated, but I suppose only when it is 100% sure the version is stable.

No. I have never used them together. It's either one or the other never both. And as I said I always delete the appropriate files between attempts at getting it to work. I'm sorry if that was not clear.

Top Bottom