1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Community Patch - How To Install

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Jun 13, 2014.

1. Enginseer

Enginseer Salientia of the Community Patch Supporter

"When cities demand brazilwood, but you realize the great admiral is your only chance at getting some"

2. pyroflare77

pyroflare77 King

Not sure where to post this, but it's been a consistent problem for the past several updates. With just the Community Patch, it crashes the game upon ending the turn with More Luxuries and Tomatekh's Sioux and Shang civilizations. Remove any one of these four, and things work. Something in the Community Patch is causing this problem, because it only cropped up at... some update ago.

3. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch

I can't debug other people's mods, sorry. You've probably got a database conflict.

4. tdlhicks

tdlhicks Chieftain

Sorry, what's the IGE?

5. sirwillow

sirwillow Chieftain

Finally upgraded and installed everything, and I'm running into a problem. Everything seems to be working right except for one portion:
    I'm not seeing this in my games. I've checked the advanced setup and not seeing the options, nor are they showing up in my diplomacy. I've checked the mods menu in game, and it says it's there and installed. I've tried disabling, exiting and restarting the game, reenabling, exiting and restarting, and just not seeing the features of the mod.

I didn't install the stand alone copy, I went with the basic full package auto installer. Downloaded, ran it, and everything else seems to be fine. any ideas or clues?

6. thunderbird_14

thunderbird_14 Prince

Did you run the game up to Industrial Era? If you meant not there, you mean there's no option at all in the trade screen (even grayed out?)?

7. sirwillow

sirwillow Chieftain

Exactly. None of the options are there. I've tried 3 new games now, modern age for 2, Industrial for 1 and none of the options are there. Not greyed out, nothing. I notice in the screen shots that the menus look different, but mine still look like vanilla. And there is supposed to be an option in the advanced options to turn on exchanging tech instead of research agreements, but I don't have that showing either. It's like the mod isn't there at all. Even though it is, installed, and enabled.

8. sirwillow

sirwillow Chieftain

{scratched out my silliness}

Well, ok, for some reason I wasn't catching the single player start game in the mods menu, which meant I kept going back and starting the game without the mods. Now that I saw the rather obvious button there, I figured out how to start with the mods. I'm dumb. lol

Merry Christmas to me... lol

Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
    vyyt likes this.
  9. taptipblard

taptipblard Chieftain

I have a bug. When I auto-explore 1 unit, every other unit auto explores. Mixed Vox Populi(EUI) with events and decision mod. After that tried playing vanilla Vox Populi(EUI). Has anybody encountered this too?

ofmiciv5 likes this.
  10. ofmiciv5

ofmiciv5 Warlord

This is crazy. After getting a free scout from a military civ, my units went berserk. I cant control my units. WHAT THE F? Haha! Help!

11. ofmiciv5

ofmiciv5 Warlord

same prob here. cant control my units. all went "AUTO PILOT". i hope this will be fixed before xmas.

12. thunderbird_14

thunderbird_14 Prince

Try installing again, the bug is fixed in the hotfix

ofmiciv5 likes this.
  13. Lingonberryclown

Lingonberryclown Chieftain

Hi great people of Civfanatics! I've got a bit of a UI-problem. When I start up a new game I get a bunch of error messages about how the game is unable to load texture. I've used the auto installer, my Civ is of the latest version, I've enabled all the mods (1-6a), I haven't installed any previous VP and I don't have any other mods. The error message is: Unable to load texture [DC45_DiplomacyOverwiev.dds], and then its the same with AdvisorCounsil; Greatworks; Culture; EspionageOverwiev. Anyone got any ideas?

14. vyyt

vyyt Emperor

Do you have all the required DLCs?

EDIT: I mean not just G&K and BNW, but also all the leaders and the ancient wonders pack

15. Lingonberryclown

Yes, I've got the complete edition.

16. Lingonberryclown

Turned out the autoinstaller didn't install the EUI correctly. But now it works!

17. master__jj

master__jj Chieftain

Hi, I do feel very stupid, but...I don't seem to find out how to get the modpack to work. When I go to the mods-screen, there are a lot of mods there (incl some older ones I used before). I think I checked the correct boxes, but the Civ IV-diplomacy (a mod I used before) just won't work because it is blocked by another mod. But if I'm correct, the Civ IV diplo-mod is part of the VP project?

18. vyyt

vyyt Emperor

I think your old version of the Civ4 Diplo mod is conflicting with the newer one in VP. I'd unsubscribe from it at Steam and THEN delete the it from your MODs folder. Then I'd reinstall VP.

I suppose you are using the standard autoinstaller version of Vox Populi from the install thread on this forum, not the "fake-DLC" multiplayer modpack, right?

19. master__jj

master__jj Chieftain

Hi vyyt, correct: it was an older version and used the autoinstaller. I think it's ok now, busy wiping the Assyrians from the map.

vyyt likes this.
  20. master__jj

master__jj Chieftain

Works like a charm, this is the Civ I wanted. I did notice though that triremes can cross ocean squares, is this a bug or intentional?

vyyt likes this.