1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Community Patch - How To Install

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Jun 13, 2014.

1. WhimsicalCotton

WhimsicalCotton Chieftain

Is it just my game, or for some reason, Germany, the Celts, the Inca and Carthage are always in the AI games?
    Like seriously, I've played quite a lot of VP, and not one of them had none of said Civs.

2. panicproducer

panicproducer Chieftain

Hello Everyone,
    I edited the CIV5Units.xml in the Modpack "path:\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC\MP_MODSPACK_VP_3-7\Override" to include a few mods that I am fond of. Including Ryika's Scouts and Subs Ignore Borders and R.A. Dalton's Realistic Unit Resource Consumption with my own preferences. With Iron representing Steel or Cast Iron for armor in ground/naval industrial era units forward and Aluminum for air units. Consideration for propulsion was taken as well, so that Coal, Oil and Uranium fill those roles. In the case of Modern Armor, Oil is propulsion and Uranium (depleted Uranium) is used to create the armor. Hopefully this serves to add some realism and a soft cap to how many units may be created at a time.

I wanted the Civilopedia to reflect the following discovery order for resources : 1 Horses, 2 Iron, 3 Paper, 4 Coal, 5 Oil, 6 Aluminum, 7 Uranium. Also, I removed the "Requires Oil" line from the description of Guided Missile in both the \en_US\UnitText.sql and Civ5Units_Mongol.xml

Edit: I recommend playing with Abundant resources as nearly all mid to late game units require a resource of some kind.
    Also, if anyone knows how to or has interest in creating Wood as a strategic resource, please share your methods.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
  3. Raven_2012

Raven_2012 Chieftain

Do you guys use the latest version of EUI, EUI v1.29beta16? If not what version do you use? Is it possible to use EUI v1.29beta16 or is it just better or recommended to use the one with the CP install?

4. Palandiell

Palandiell Chieftain

Sorry, but all you do not need to enable this mod in game correct? Just use the installer and the game itself is modified?

Also, does this mod plus the smart ai mod from nanakuro (or something like that) make the AI smart enough that playing on an Island map isn't the same as an auto win because the AI can't handle navies? Did it improve the AI's naval abilities?

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
  5. Animorganimate

Animorganimate Chieftain

The auto-installer installs it as a mod, so you do need to activate it in game. The EUI will be activated automatically because it is installed as DLC, so your game will look different, but will still be running vanilla mechanics. That's where some people get confused. To enable everything, you go to MODS and enable the six Vox Populi files, then create a game from there. If you want to run this as DLC instead of a mod, where you don't have to activate anything, you need to download a modpack ad unzip that into the DLC folder.

6. Palandiell

Palandiell Chieftain

Thank you for that, I installed it without the EUI, is that an issue?

And how does this mod otherwise effect the AI's ability to play when you take Large Island or archipelago?

7. Animorganimate

Animorganimate Chieftain

That's not a problem at all. Some people don't like the Extended UI. I've never played Vox without the EUI though, so I can't comment much further on that. Also, I've never used the Smart AI mod with Vox, so I can't help there either. Have fun though! You're in for a treat.

8. Infixo

Infixo Deity

I think that any SmartAI-type mod would badly interfere with VP. VP changes AI in so many ways that I would rather strongly recommend NOT to use any mods that change AI.
    Use only mods that are clearly described as compatible with VP.

9. rp03ev

rp03ev Chieftain

Anyone know why its giving saying"territorial disputes strain your relationships" with every single civ on the map? Even if they are on other continent and no where near me I'm still getting this negative diplomatic modifier with every single civ.

Mods I'm using:
    -Quick Turns
    -Global Relations (Info addict light)
    -Perfect World 3
    -Toft's flags and religions icons
    -Krakatoa Fix
    -Ethnic Units
    -R.E.D. Modpack
    -Really Advanced Setup
    -Faster Aircraft animations
    -Historical Religions

10. vyyt

vyyt Emperor

Smart AI is a DLL mod, so it cannot be used together with another DLL mod such as Vox Populi, so no, it is not compatible.

Moreover, parts of Smart AI have been incorporated into Vox Populi (the Community Patch component), so there is no need to use it.

The Community Patch component of Vox Populi is probably the best AI mod around. The AI is very capable at naval warfare.

11. rp03ev

rp03ev Chieftain

is there a way to increase the number of turns needed from DOW to peace? i think its set to 10 on all game speeds. i play on epic and want that length to be at least 15-20 turns before peace can be offered after a war. most of the time AI launches a cross continent invasion only to to offer peace once they reach destination.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
    vyyt likes this.
  12. goingnowhere

goingnowhere Chieftain

Hello. I have installed Community Patch and Community Balance Overhaul with automatic installer on english version of the game. I have UI problems, can not build or choose technologies from the begining of the game

Attached Files:

13. vyyt

vyyt Emperor

Strange, do you have all the DLCs? Also, please check your MODs folder, can you see all the Vox Populi components? They might vary a bit depending on the type of installation you had chosen, but basically you should see folders (1) - (5) and then (6a) or (6b) there. Another thing to check is if you are not subscribed to the Community Patch part or the More Luxuries mod or Civ4 Diplo on Steam - if you are, unsubscribe and reinstall VP. Community Patch includes Whoward's DLL and shares the mod ID with it, so if you have Whoward's Various DLL components in the MODs folder or any other mod using it, delete them.

14. goingnowhere

goingnowhere Chieftain

i have all DLCs and 2 folders in my MODS folder: (1) Community Patch and (2) Community Balance Overhaul (this is first time i am trying any mods). And not subscribed to anything on steam. Tried to reinstall Vox Populi, did not help

15. SLGray

SLGray King

So you only have 1 and 2?

16. goingnowhere

goingnowhere Chieftain

Yes, only 1 and 2

17. SLGray

SLGray King

Try This: remove them and clear your game cache folder. then redownload the installer and install what you want.

18. goingnowhere

goingnowhere Chieftain

Did not help. Is there any difference between versions 3-11-1 and 3-17?

19. bolemax

bolemax Chieftain

Hey guys, so I have a weird problem. When playing with the Community Patch, the top part of my game looks like this: https://i.imgur.com/USO8SkC.png
    The top bar is displayed fine if I don't enable the Community Patch mod. I'm playing with the latest version of EUI.

• I have installed the latest version of EUI (which works fine if CP is not enabled)
    • I have manually copied the Community Patch folder to the MODS folder
    • I've deleted the cache folder
    • I'm running the latest version of Civ5 (with all DLC), with no other mods
    • I'm playing the game in English
    What might be the problem here?

Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
  20. SLGray

SLGray King

Are you using other mods?