Community Patch - How To Install

Did you use the auto-installer?

Nope, I downloaded the Manual Install folder, extracted the (1) Community Patch zip file into a folder of the same name, and then copied that to the MODS folder. However, enabling it and playing with it results in the graphical glitch in my first post.

Use the autoinstaller first please (after deleting what you have installed manually) - it has an option to install Community Patch only.

Same thing. Chose the CP only option, it installed, I enabled it, same glitch.

Did you install the EUI also with the auto-installer?

No, I installed EUI manually (the UI_bc1 folder that comes in the vox populi manual install folder).
There is no way to install just EUI and CP in the auto-installer, which is why I didn't do it.

Did you install the EUI also with the auto-installer?

Just replying that I fixed the problem by deleting the LUA folder inside of the Community Patch folder. The Vox Populi guide states that the LUA folder should be deleted only if CBO is being used, which is false, it appears you need to delete it even if you're using just CP and EUI. The UI now works as intended when playing with the latest version of EUI and CP.

However, there is a minor bug that occurs if you're using the latest version of EUI (not the one supplied within the VP Manual Install folder), where Yield Icons in the Yield Icon Manager show multiple food apple icons instead of only one, which is probably why VP supplies EUI without the YieldIconManager folder.

@bolemax, sorry, I've never tried CP+EUI combo, so I won't be of much help, but I think there is still something wrong with your install. What you are describing should not be happening and you should not need to delete anything manually. There are thousands of people playing with the same setup as you and I do not think that anything changed in the mod structure recently, so I do not think there is anything wrong with the wrong with the autoinstaller.

@bolemax, sorry, I've never tried CP+EUI combo, so I won't be of much help, but I think there is still something wrong with your install. What you are describing should not be happening and you should not need to delete anything manually. There are thousands of people playing with the same setup as you and I do not think that anything changed in the mod structure recently, so I do not think there is anything wrong with the wrong with the autoinstaller.
The auto installer does delete the LUA folder inside of CommunityPatch when you choose to install EUI, which is what I needed to do manually to get it working.

Hi.
I can never get the game to let me choose (3) CSD and (5) more luxuries, it seems like the game doesn't find them. When I look in the mods folder they are there. I have tried to manually install them, reinstall with the installer but they do not show up. Any ideas?

@Creep81, make sure that you are not subscribed to these mods on Steam Workshop and that you do not have their standalone versions or in your Mods folder (they share the same mod ID). Also, I'd delete any mod using Whoward's Various DLL components - just in case.

It worked before the newest patch, but I'm going to check. What does CSD for CBP stand for? Just so I know what to look for in my subs...

CSD = City States Diplomacy.

Oh, so VP worked for you before? The autoinstaller usually takes care of everything, but if you want to be sure, manually delete cache and ModUserData folders (they are at the same level as the MODs folder) and delete (or move) everything in the MODs folder and then run the autoinstaller again, this should be safest way.

I deleted the two folders and ran the installer again, the game still didn't show 3 and 5. So I downloaded them and copied them into the mods folder and let the existing files get overwritten. Now it works :) Thx :)

I deleted the two folders and ran the installer again, the game still didn't show 3 and 5. So I downloaded them and copied them into the mods folder and let the existing files get overwritten. Now it works :) Thx :)
Wow, that's weird, I'd expect all or nothing. But I am happy it worked for you :)

Note: make sure to unsubscribe from the steam version of More Luxuries and CSD. The Steam mod manager is buggy when you have both a manual version of the mod and a steam version of the mod.

I have a bug that when I steal a technology from a civ, the "steal technology" button appears, but I can't click on it meaningfully, meaning I can't steal a tech, can't end my turn. My game is essentially frozen as I can't advance. This didn't occur when playing with the balance overhaul, but when I turned it off, to only play with community patch, this problem appeared.
I have some other mods (future worlds, 3rd, 4th and 5th unique component, Smart AI, Advanced setup and EUI) but none that effect spying, spies or anything like that.

I have a bug that when I steal a technology from a civ, the "steal technology" button appears, but I can't click on it meaningfully, meaning I can't steal a tech, can't end my turn. My game is essentially frozen as I can't advance. This didn't occur when playing with the balance overhaul, but when I turned it off, to only play with community patch, this problem appeared.
I have some other mods (future worlds, 3rd, 4th and 5th unique component, Smart AI, Advanced setup and EUI) but none that effect spying, spies or anything like that.

This will conflict. Also, if you have just EUI and CP running, you must make sure to delete the CP LUA folder, otherwise it will cause issues.

G

Top Bottom