Community Patch - How To Install

Well, so far all I found out is that the game registers the new resources just fine (I can place them with IGE) but they are not generated. Other then that I haven't been able to find a solution

Well, so far all I found out is that the game registers the new resources just fine (I can place them with IGE) but they are not generated. Other then that I haven't been able to find a solution
What map are you using? Is your Civ up to date? (the version should end with. 279). And other resources are generated correctly? Are you 100% sure that the More Luxuries in your MODs folder is from VP and not standalone or from Steam? (if you are subscribed to it, it will re-download even if you delete the folder, you have to unsubscribe from it at Steam)

What map are you using? Is your Civ up to date? (the version should end with. 279). And other resources are generated correctly? Are you 100% sure that the More Luxuries in your MODs folder is from VP and not standalone or from Steam? (if you are subscribed to it, it will re-download even if you delete the folder, you have to unsubscribe from it at Steam)
I tried with continents, terra and tectonics. All the other resources seem to work fine. I did however discover that I had subscribed to the stand alone version, which I corrected. But it didn't help, So I don't know if there are some hidden files or something? I really did clean up my mod folder and tried with only vox populi activated. Oh yeah, and my should be up to date

Hmmm, no, no hidden files, but there could be some leftover in cache. So, you are 100% sure that you are now unsubscribed from More Luxuries on Steam, right? Then you have deleted everything in the Mods folder, cache and ModUserData and then ran the VP autoinstaller and it did not help? If you did all above, I'd reinstall the whole game.

Hmmm, no, no hidden files, but there could be some leftover in cache. So, you are 100% sure that you are now unsubscribed from More Luxuries on Steam, right? Then you have deleted everything in the Mods folder, cache and ModUserData and then ran the VP autoinstaller and it did not help? If you did all above, I'd reinstall the whole game.
Hey, I must have forgotten to delete the entire mod folder, because now it works! Thank you very much for your help!
Edit:
Well, it only worked once. After i let steam install my other mods it stopped working. I am starting to think I should just download my mods manually
Edit:
OK, so at first it was because I forgot to completely delete everything you mention. And the second time it turned out to be culturally linked starting locations which somehow messed with it

Last edited:
Glad to help. Just curious - just having the culturally linked starting locations in the Mods folder (= without activating them) was causing the problem? It does happen sometimes, when 2 mods share the same ID (such as Whoward's Various DLL components and Community Patch), but I would not expect it from anything as simple as this one.

Hi guys! I've been enjoying this mod for quite some time, but somehow after a clean-reinstall I got duped into starting a game with no good/bad events activated. Is it possible to edit an early save to amend it? I was rather fond of the starting location.

Please, I'm attempting to play the mod (without EUI) and my UI is all screwed up. Yes, I have already cleared my cache multiple times, it stills bear the same error.

I'm not tech savvy, I'd love to play the mod, please help me.

Have you installed EUI before? If yes, then you hne to manually delete it from the Civ5 folder. The autoinstaller in able to delete an old version of the Vox Populi mod, but not EUI.

On my cell now, so I cannot tell you the exact location, but I think it is Program Files (x86) /steamapps/common/Sud Meier's Civ5/DLCs there you have to delete a folder called Ui_bc1

If you have not used EUI before, then I cannot think of a reason why your UI should be messed up.

Glad to help. Just curious - just having the culturally linked starting locations in the Mods folder (= without activating them) was causing the problem? It does happen sometimes, when 2 mods share the same ID (such as Whoward's Various DLL components and Community Patch), but I would not expect it from anything as simple as this one.
Hey, sorry for the late reply. At first it was because i had forgotten to delete some of the folders you suggested (I tried with only the required mods to make it work) then after completely deleting everything and reinstalling the mods, I ran into the problem again, where I turned them off one by one to find out which one caused the problem. The solution was to simply turn off culturally linked starting locations. So yeah, it's still in the mods folder, just turned off

I just stumbled upon this mod after putting about 100 hours into the base Civ Game.

I originally did not use any mods besides info addict.

I tried to use the automatic installer, it seemed to install correct and I could activate the mods in-game, but it did not affect the game such as change the technologies or the happiness system (hovering over city name didn't show anything), so I figured something went wrong.

I completely uninstalled civ 5, and I deleted my mods folder. I reinstalled civ 5, unsubscribed from info addict, and reinstalled vox populi using the automatic installer. Still no luck.

I then reinstalled the vox populi again, after deleting my mods folder and the Ui_bc1 folder. Still no luck.

I checked and I am using the correct version of civ 5. The only thing I can think of right now is that the problem is I have civ 5 installed to my D drive. Do I need to do something special to install vox populi in this case? Or do I need to install civ to my C drive?

That could be it. If your Civ5 or your Documents/My Games/ are in a non-standard location, the installation of Vox Populi or EUI may be going into a wrong place (= it can go as far as creating the the standard folder structure).

I suggest the following:
1) Install Infoaddict from Steam Workshop again
2) Run the VP autoinstaller again
3) Check your C:/Users/#user_name#/Documents/My Games/Sid Meier's Civ5/MODs/ folder (on my cell, I hope I remember the path correctly)
4) Can you see the Infoaddict there? If yes, then this is the correct mods folder where the game picks the mods from. If not, find the correct one - it will either be of drive D: or under a different username
5) Can you see the (1) Community Patch, (2), ... (6a) or (6b) folders of Vox Populi in the same folder? If no, then it means they went into a wrong = standard folder
6) Find the wrong = standard folder and move all the VP folders to the correct = non-standard folder from which the game picks mods

EDIT: I will leave this here, as I spent quite some time typing it on my cell and someoneight find it useful :) But I have only now noticed that you could activate the 6 VP mod components (all 6, right)? Are you 100% sure that after you clicking NEXT after activating the mods and not going BACK to the main menu??? Many people make this mistake. When in-game open the menu and somewhere below, there should be map settings and also list of active mods - can you see the VP mods there?

Last edited:
I can't believe I forgot to include this in my original post, but I also have my "My Documents" folder on my computer on my D drive.

I will try what you suggested when I get off work. Thanks for the help.

That could be it. If your Civ5 or your Documents/My Games/ are in a non-standard location, the installation of Vox Populi or EUI may be going into a wrong place (= it can go as far as creating the the standard folder structure).

I suggest the following:
1) Install Infoaddict from Steam Workshop again
2) Run the VP autoinstaller again
3) Check your C:/Users/#user_name#/Documents/My Games/Sid Meier's Civ5/MODs/ folder (on my cell, I hope I remember the path correctly)
4) Can you see the Infoaddict there? If yes, then this is the correct mods folder where the game picks the mods from. If not, find the correct one - it will either be of drive D: or under a different username
5) Can you see the (1) Community Patch, (2), ... (6a) or (6b) folders of Vox Populi in the same folder? If no, then it means they went into a wrong = standard folder
6) Find the wrong = standard folder and move all the VP folders to the correct = non-standard folder from which the game picks mods

EDIT: I will leave this here, as I spent quite some time typing it on my cell and someoneight find it useful :) But I have only now noticed that you could activate the 6 VP mod components (all 6, right)? Are you 100% sure that after you clicking NEXT after activating the mods and not going BACK to the main menu??? Many people make this mistake. When in-game open the menu and somewhere below, there should be map settings and also list of active mods - can you see the VP mods there?

Your edit saved the day. I thought I was doing it correctly by clicking next on the first mod screen, where it then said configuring game data, then clicking back and going back to the main menu. I didn't realize I needed to click single player from the mod menu after clicking next. Thank you very much.

Greetings.
Confusing issue on my part,

1) DL'd the current Auto-installer
2) Cleared cache and mod user data folders
3) Ran Auto-Installer, selected full option, with EUI, path is correct as designated.
4) Noticed VP Icon wasn't in designated location, so started Civ via Civ V desktop icon
5) Selected mods option, only available mods were options 2-6, CPB ( option 1) was NOT available as a mod selection.
6) Exited game, then checked MODS folder. CBP is showing in my MODS folder ( as a (1))

Figuring I somehow made a mistake, I deleted the mods 1-6, cleared cache and data user folders, then re-installed the mod. With the same results as above.

If someone wouldn't mind assisting a cranky old man with pointing out something obvious that I may be doing wrong, it would be greatly appreciated.

This, cranky old man, is typically happening when you are either subscribed to the Community Patch on Steam Workshop or you have some other mod based on Whoward's Various DLL components in your Mods folder (yes, even just having them there inactive matters).

If the latter, I'd delete (or move/backup) everything in the MODs folder and then rerun the autoinstaller.

Top Bottom