Community Patch - How To Install

@kaspergm, what about the (5) More Luxuries? It wasn't available to activate in the mods screen? If so, then I suspect that you already had the stand alone version in the mods folder. Delete it, unsubscribe from it from Steam. This should probably be enough, but to be 100% sure, delete VP, cache folder and reinstall VP from the autoinstaller again. I'd recommend the April version, it seems that some people experience crashes in the very early game with the newest June one.

Edit: this should be the download link for the April version (on my cell, so don't sue me if I got it wrong):

https://mega.nz/folder/TBF1lKba#5qEL7OE4Qz8AIxXFFNsO_g/folder/fN9lVQ5a

@kaspergm, what about the (5) More Luxuries? It wasn't available to activate in the mods screen? If so, then I suspect that you already had the stand alone version in the mods folder. Delete it, unsubscribe from it from Steam. This should probably be enough, but to be 100% sure, delete VP, cache folder and reinstall VP from the autoinstaller again. I'd recommend the April version, it seems that some people experience crashes in the very early game with the newest June one.

Edit: this should be the download link for the April version (on my cell, so don't sue me if I got it wrong):

https://mega.nz/folder/TBF1lKba#5qEL7OE4Qz8AIxXFFNsO_g/folder/fN9lVQ5a
Thank you, yes I had a stand-alone version of More Luxuries subscribed from way back, which would explain the confusion. Thanx, I'll try to get it done.

Hello! I'm sorry if this question has been asked before I tried looking on here and reedit but couldn't see. :lol:
What file is for disabling the custom leader traits from (Community Balance Overhaul)

Looking at CommunityOptions file it refrences the xml file needs to be deleted too, but does anyone know which one? Looking though them I can't find which it is,
And incase im describing it wrong I mean,

Leader Trait but to default, I like everything about the mod it adds alot of features but I'm not fond of the unique traits for some of the countries, if i can disable some or all; I will be greatly appreciative!

Last edited:
Anyone using the installing having an issue if you have your civ in a non-standard location?

Have a new system and installed civ on my "D" drive. Figured switching the install directory to D should have worked because it should have been the same things right? Nope, seems like part of it installs but part of it still gets put into C drive locations anyways? I ended up just moving everything over myself and got it to work.

Edit: Also, are the English manual install instructions gone from the first page? I went looking for it because I couldn't remember the exact folder everything goes into because I was spoiled with the auto installer. Seems to link to Spanish instructions, but the English ones are gone?

I just installed Vox Populi and I love it, thank you! However, I was noticing XML tags in various places in the game that look like they were supposed to be replaced with text by EUI, such as TXT_KEY_EUI_BUILT_IN_X_CITIES in the popups for buildings in the City view. (EUI was installed by Vox Populi.)

After some digging around I discovered that a file named EUI_text_en_us.xml should've been installed with EUI in (PC version): <user path>\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\Text

The Automatic Installer does not install this file, and it's not present in the manual install files either. Just the UI_bc1 folder that goes in the game folder is included.

Another user reported this problem here but never did figure out what was wrong: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/community-patch-how-to-install.528034/page-132#post-14873112

I hope you can remedy this in your next update. Thanks again for Vox Populi, I look forward to trying it out in a real game!

Anyone using the installing having an issue if you have your civ in a non-standard location?

Have a new system and installed civ on my "D" drive. Figured switching the install directory to D should have worked because it should have been the same things right? Nope, seems like part of it installs but part of it still gets put into C drive locations anyways? I ended up just moving everything over myself and got it to work.

Edit: Also, are the English manual install instructions gone from the first page? I went looking for it because I couldn't remember the exact folder everything goes into because I was spoiled with the auto installer. Seems to link to Spanish instructions, but the English ones are gone?
Yes, sadly, the current free autoinstaller is unable to detect the Civ5 location correctly and instead of putting the EUI to the correct non-standard location, it creates the default folder structure on drive C and puts EUI there and you need to move it manually as you did.

Yes, sadly, the current free autoinstaller is unable to detect the Civ5 location correctly and instead of putting the EUI to the correct non-standard location, it creates the default folder structure on drive C and puts EUI there and you need to move it manually as you did.
My game is installed in a non-standard location on my "E" drive ("C" is my boot-up drive) and the Vox Populi Automatic Installer found the location just fine. (The UI_bc1 folder got installed in it where it should be.)

Looking at the code on GitHub I can see that it looks for a string in the registry for the install location at: HKCU\SOFTWARE\Firaxis\Civilization5,LastKnownPath
(ie: E:\Games\Civilization V)

Otherwise it places it in the Program Files folder at: \Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V}\Assets\DLC\UI_bc1\

If you copied or moved your game to where it is without using a proper installer then you can create/modify the registry entry yourself using regedit before you run the Vox Populi Automatic Installer. (Moving the UI_bc1 folder to the correct install location after installing works fine also if you prefer.)

Last edited:
@FoxesDen, oh that's very interesting, thanks for this input, we did not know that. I have never had this problem myself, but when we help other people in this thread, 90% of people having problems with messed up UI had Civ5 installed in a non-standard location (and moving the EUI folder always fixed the problem). Some of them claim they bought a new computer and they had a fresh install of Civ5, so I wonder if there might be some problem with the registry key creation.

Here's a .reg file you can use to set your game install location. Extract civ5.reg from the ZIP file, right-click it and select "Edit", then change "LastKnownPath" to your install location. (Note that the pathname requires two backslashes between folder names!) Save changes then simply double-click the file and allow changes to add the registry settings. The Vox Populi installer will now know where your game is installed.

Here's what's in the contents of the file:
Spoiler civ5.reg :

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Firaxis\Civilization5]
"LastKnownPath"="E:\\Games\\Civilization V"
"LastKnownExe"="DX11"

Attachments

• civ5.zip
    331 bytes · Views: 122
Here's a .reg file you can use to set your game install location. Extract civ5.reg from the ZIP file, right-click it and select "Edit", then change "LastKnownPath" to your install location. (Note that the pathname requires two backslashes between folder names!) Save changes then simply double-click the file and allow changes to add the registry settings. The Vox Populi installer will now know where your game is installed.

Here's what's in the contents of the file:
Spoiler civ5.reg :

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Firaxis\Civilization5]
"LastKnownPath"="E:\\Games\\Civilization V"
"LastKnownExe"="DX11"

That's super useful, thanks! I will ask the devs to include this in the installation instructions.

I recently updated to the latest version of VP: appreciating some of the changes, not liking other changes. Here are my issues:
- Event notices are not showing yields. What can I do to have yields displayed?
- When units gain a promotion, I used to be able to name the unit. Option is no longer available. How do I re-enable this?

I recently updated to the latest version of VP: appreciating some of the changes, not liking other changes. Here are my issues:
- Event notices are not showing yields. What can I do to have yields displayed?
- When units gain a promotion, I used to be able to name the unit. Option is no longer available. How do I re-enable this?
The renaming is part of EUI, not VP (you have to right-click on the unit name in the left bottom panel). If you are not using EUI, there is a mod for this on Steam Workshop - don't remember the name, but must be searchable by " rename units".

The renaming is part of EUI, not VP (you have to right-click on the unit name in the left bottom panel). If you are not using EUI, there is a mod for this on Steam Workshop - don't remember the name, but must be searchable by " rename units".

I believe with both EUI and non-EUI there was an 'Edit' button on the promotion window which has been removed in a "tidy-up" - might be a minor issue for non-EUI users.

However, as he is also seeing the yields missing from notifications issue, I think he must be on EUI and may not have been aware of the method you describe, which by the way, can be used at any time, not just when promoted :)

For the notification issue, see:

https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...haviour-on-june-19th-version-answered.659967/

Why are peole posting things that are not even related to installing it? This topic is only for installing issues.

I believe with both EUI and non-EUI there was an 'Edit' button on the promotion window which has been removed in a "tidy-up" - might be a minor issue for non-EUI users.

However, as he is also seeing the yields missing from notifications issue, I think he must be on EUI and may not have been aware of the method you describe, which by the way, can be used at any time, not just when promoted :)

For the notification issue, see:

https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...haviour-on-june-19th-version-answered.659967/
You are correct: I was using EUI but wasn't aware of this capability. Thanks!
I also appreciate you pointing me toward the fix for the yield notifications -- much appreciated.

Hello! I'm sorry if this question has been asked before I tried looking on here and reedit but couldn't see. :lol:
What file is for disabling the custom leader traits from (Community Balance Overhaul)

Looking at CommunityOptions file it refrences the xml file needs to be deleted too, but does anyone know which one? Looking though them I can't find which it is,
And incase im describing it wrong I mean,

Leader Trait but to default, I like everything about the mod it adds alot of features but I'm not fond of the unique traits for some of the countries, if i can disable some or all; I will be greatly appreciative!

Most of the options no longer work. I've started work on clearing them out of the database files.

Hello. I downloaded "vox populi" according to the instructions and also installed it. But in the game he writes to me in all modes (1,2,3,4,5,6a, 7a, 7b) - mod is missing required dependencies.

I tried delete cache, moduseradata and reinstalling vox populi (6-19, 6-19-2) and still having the same problem. what am I doing wrong? thanks

@Algren92 , that's strange. Even the first mod - (1) Community Patch is saying it's missing a required dependency???

I suppose you installed the mod via the exe autoinstaller (not manually), but aren't you also subscribed to the Community Patch OR any other mod requiring WHoward's Various DLL components on Steam Workshop?

If yes, unsubscribe from them (you can favorite them to locate them later if needed) and delete them from your MODs folder - I'd actually delete (or move to a backup folder) all non-Vox Populi mods for now until you find the problem. And then reinstall Vox Populi.

Top Bottom