Community Patch - How To Install

@Algren92 , that's strange. Even the first mod - (1) Community Patch is saying it's missing a required dependency???

I suppose you installed the mod via the exe autoinstaller (not manually), but aren't you also subscribed to the Community Patch OR any other mod requiring WHoward's Various DLL components on Steam Workshop?

If yes, unsubscribe from them (you can favorite them to locate them later if needed) and delete them from your MODs folder - I'd actually delete (or move to a backup folder) all non-Vox Populi mods for now until you find the problem. And then reinstall Vox Populi.
Yes also the first mode, all modes from vox populi..
and yes I installed using an automatic installer .. and no, I have no subscription from steam ... I only have a purely installed game from steam civilization V

Yes also the first mode, all modes from vox populi..
and yes I installed using an automatic installer .. and no, I have no subscription from steam ... I only have a purely installed game from steam civilization V
Very strange. The only other thing I can think of - do you have all the DLCs?

Requirements:
  • Civilization V (.279 version)
  • Gods and Kings Expansion
  • Brave New World Expansion
  • All Leader DLC
  • Ancient Wonders DLC
  • Windows 7-10

Perhaps it would be a good idea to add the year to version names. "6-19" is actually newer than "7-29" but you wouldn't know that from the names. "20-6-19" vs "19-7-29" would be a lot more clear.

Hello, I’ve just joined these boards. I really want to like Vox Populi but it seems any other version than 7-29 crashes whenever I make the first attack or two after declaring war. Is 7-29 the most stable? I was able to play an entire game in 7-29(some graphical glitches). Today I did a fresh install of Civ V and tried running 6-19 and crash! Same with 4-17 I believe. If it keeps up I’ll have no choice but to revert to vanilla. Thanks for any replies.

You really should have started a topic since this topic is for INSTALLING it. Also it would help if you listed all mods you are using and post your logs from the game.

Hello, I’ve just joined these boards. I really want to like Vox Populi but it seems any other version than 7-29 crashes whenever I make the first attack or two after declaring war. Is 7-29 the most stable? I was able to play an entire game in 7-29(some graphical glitches). Today I did a fresh install of Civ V and tried running 6-19 and crash! Same with 4-17 I believe. If it keeps up I’ll have no choice but to revert to vanilla. Thanks for any replies.
There was a very specific and elusive bug in 6-19 which was causing CTDs in the early game (only) for some people. The devs say they managed to fix this for the upcoming August version. Just wait a couple of days - or try the April version, I think it was safe too.

There was a very specific and elusive bug in 6-19 which was causing CTDs in the early game (only) for some people. The devs say they managed to fix this for the upcoming August version. Just wait a couple of days - or try the April version, I think it was safe too.
When again is that August version going to be released?

hello, i got a problem with my new vox populi installation.

i am used to an old steam workshop version of vox populi, never had any problems with that one.
now i spent some hours trying to get the current installer version up and running, its was a pain in the ass (missing dlcs, eui troubles). finally i bought all missing dlcs and i found the eui files the installer put in a new folder on the c drive, copied them to the right location and now everything seems to be working.

one problem left: civ shows no saved games, i am unable to load any save, because nothing shows up at the loading menu (not ingame, not at the main menu, not after loading the mods)
in the save menu all the savegames are there, they also get saved to the ModdedSaves/single folder. they just dont show up in the loading menu.

What about other mods? Do their saves show up? Looks like a bad Civ5 install to me.

Also, there is no such thing as a Steam version of Vox Populi. There may still be a very old version of the Community Patch to be found on Steam.

Try complett deinstallation and then new installation of game , via steam.
Before that , unsubscribe from all mods via workshop !!

hello, i got a problem with my new vox populi installation.

i am used to an old steam workshop version of vox populi, never had any problems with that one.
now i spent some hours trying to get the current installer version up and running, its was a pain in the ass (missing dlcs, eui troubles). finally i bought all missing dlcs and i found the eui files the installer put in a new folder on the c drive, copied them to the right location and now everything seems to be working.

one problem left: civ shows no saved games, i am unable to load any save, because nothing shows up at the loading menu (not ingame, not at the main menu, not after loading the mods)
in the save menu all the savegames are there, they also get saved to the ModdedSaves/single folder. they just dont show up in the loading menu.
Steam version? I believe it has not been uploaded to Steam. Parts have, but usually they are not updated as a whole.

Also are new versions saved game compatible? It does sound like something went wrong in the installing of it? Did you try the auto-installer? You do need to remove any old version first.

Hi and thank you for this great mod. It is because of the Vox Populi mod that Civilization V remains the best 4X there is to my eyes.

AVG is identifying the latest executable as a malware and has quarantined it though.

Is there a problem with the ".exe"? Has anyone met the same problem?

Hi and thank you for this great mod. It is because of the Vox Populi mod that Civilization V remains the best 4X there is to my eyes.

AVG is identifying the latest executable as a malware and has quarantined it though.

Is there a problem with the ".exe"? Has anyone met the same problem?
According to other users in the latest beta thread, this should be a false positive. No other AVs except AVG and Avast report this.

Top Bottom