Community Patch - How To Install

This was changed some time ago. Large and huge maps have a min distance of 4. You can change this in world sql of the CBP (not at computed, can't specify location in CBP).

G

I see, what if I'm not using CBP and just the core patch? Guess I never noticed until now.

Sounds like one of the mods in that list has a citybanner lua file in it that is conflicting with EUI. If you have debugging in ini turned on you can see the lua.log for errors.

G

Thanks, I'll find that debugging setting and see if I can make sense of the lua.log, though searching for citybanner in \mods yields only the following files:

\MODS\Community Balance Patch\LUA\CityBannerManager.lua
\MODS\Community Balance Patch\LUA\CityBannerManager.xml
\MODS\Community Balance Patch - Compatibility Files (EUI)\LUA\CityBannerManager.lua
\MODS\Ingame Editor (v 39)\BulkUI\IGE_CityBanner.lua
\MODS\Ingame Editor (v 39)\BulkUI\IGE_CityBanner.xml

I.e. only files from CBP and a lua & xml from IGE which have different names and have not caused problems previously (my last game was on a CP release from april).

Thanks, I'll find that debugging setting and see if I can make sense of the lua.log, though searching for citybanner in \mods yields only the following files:

\MODS\Community Balance Patch\LUA\CityBannerManager.lua
\MODS\Community Balance Patch\LUA\CityBannerManager.xml
\MODS\Community Balance Patch - Compatibility Files (EUI)\LUA\CityBannerManager.lua
\MODS\Ingame Editor (v 39)\BulkUI\IGE_CityBanner.lua
\MODS\Ingame Editor (v 39)\BulkUI\IGE_CityBanner.xml

I.e. only files from CBP and a lua & xml from IGE which have different names and have not caused problems previously (my last game was on a CP release from april).

If you enable that debugging setting and start up a game, hover over a city banner (or where it should be). You should then get the errors in the lua.log. Once you do, post that entire log here. We'll figure it out.

G

If you enable that debugging setting and start up a game, hover over a city banner (or where it should be). You should then get the errors in the lua.log. Once you do, post that entire log here. We'll figure it out.

G

Please see the attached log file.

Thank you

Attachments

• Lua.7z
    4.5 KB · Views: 64
Please see the attached log file.

Thank you

Looks like you didn't follow install instructions. If you download the CP/CBP etc. manually, and you want to use them all, you must delete the LUA folders in each of them.

So, if you are using the CP, CBP, CSD, C4DF and EUI together, delete the LUA folders in the CP and CBP.

G

Oh, if that is the case I'm sorry, though I cannot find that instruction anywhere in the first post of this thread nor in the pdf by Estebanium.

Perhaps an update or clarification is in order?

edit: After reviewing yet again I found the instruction behind an unmarked spoiler button, which I did not consider clicking as the PDF guide seemed to be what was recommended.

Oh, if that is the case I'm sorry, though I cannot find that instruction anywhere in the first post of this thread nor in the pdf by Estebanium.

Perhaps an update or clarification is in order?

edit: After reviewing yet again I found the instruction behind an unmarked spoiler button, which I did not consider clicking as the PDF guide seemed to be what was recommended.

No worries- I know the process of installation can be pretty arcane. In the future, I recommend using the auto-installer, as it has all the excess LUA files pre-deleted for you.

G

Installed this earlier - but was wondering if it was normal for City State influence to drop to -59? I've had a few where I have had literally no interaction with them yet I see I'm at -59 for no reason that I can find.

No worries- I know the process of installation can be pretty arcane. In the future, I recommend using the auto-installer, as it has all the excess LUA files pre-deleted for you.

G

Excellent, it seems to work fine, even continuing my existing game :)

Btw, tried the auto-installer first, but uninstalled & went manual as it didn't put EUI at the proper location.

Installed this earlier - but was wondering if it was normal for City State influence to drop to -59? I've had a few where I have had literally no interaction with them yet I see I'm at -59 for no reason that I can find.

If you've failed a bunch of CS quests, this can happen.
G

I don't know what you are talking about.

G

I'll give you an example. If i want to change Egypt's special ability from 20% wonder production to 100% where can i do this? Wheres the file's location in CP or CBP i must edit?Hope i was more clear now thanks :)

I'll give you an example. If i want to change Egypt's special ability from 20% wonder production to 100% where can i do this? Wheres the file's location in CP or CBP i must edit?Hope i was more clear now thanks :)

Community Balance Patch/Balance Changes/Leaders

But for that particular example, Wonder Builders is untouched from vanilla so there's no simple value for you to edit.

I have the eui version of the mod and whenever I load up the game the interface is messed up. The interface will show the America civ in the very top right when I'm playing as England and would cover the demographics and trade screens. It would also not show civs when I discovered where it used with the old eui mod. Finally it would not give me notifications of when wonderes were built and whose at war with who, and civs would not come back to me in ten turns to go to war. I would really apprciate the help.

I have the eui version of the mod and whenever I load up the game the interface is messed up. The interface will show the America civ in the very top right when I'm playing as England and would cover the demographics and trade screens. It would also not show civs when I discovered where it used with the old eui mod. Finally it would not give me notifications of when wonderes were built and whose at war with who, and civs would not come back to me in ten turns to go to war. I would really apprciate the help.

You didn't install it correctly – make sure EUI is in your DLC folder of your civ install.

G

I want to try this. I downloaded the automatic installer. When I started the install I realized that my folder directory no longer quite matches the installers. That part is not really the problem as the installer will let me choose the install directory. What I need to know is what are the sub directory to "\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\"?

I want to try this. I downloaded the automatic installer. When I started the install I realized that my folder directory no longer quite matches the installers. That part is not really the problem as the installer will let me choose the install directory. What I need to know is what are the sub directory to "\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\"?

All files except EUI should end up in your MODS folder in that directory. EUI should end up in your DLC folder of your main civ install.

G

All files except EUI should end up in your MODS folder in that directory. EUI should end up in your DLC folder of your main civ install.

G
Thanks. Quick reply. I must have asked at the right time. Thanks again. Off to give it a try.

It's all in my dlc folder but it still does this I even tried deleting the lua folder but that just made it the eui with cbp happiness monopolies and corporations. Right now George Washington is gone but also are the cbp notifications. Something else is weird is all my dlc 01, 02 etc are gone how do I fix all this thank you for your help

Top Bottom