Community Patch - How To Install

I had a question about towns in this game. I noticed that there is a "town" tile improvement in the game, just like the "village" tile improvement, but I'm not sure how to get my workers to make one. I figured it must be the way Civilization 4 does it where you have to work a hamlet tile before it'll grow into a village and so forth, but it doesn't grow either. Am I missing a technology?

Towns are the Custom House improvement - they're made by Great Merchants.

G

Make sure EUI ended up in your DLC folder. G

So i need to move the EUI folder from the Community Balance Patch - Compatibility Files (EUI) Folder, to the DLC folder in my main civ install?

**as shown in the screenshot**

Attachments

• Udklip.JPG
    Udklip.JPG
    207.6 KB · Views: 111
So i need to move the EUI folder from the Community Balance Patch - Compatibility Files (EUI) Folder, to the DLC folder in my main civ install?

**as shown in the screenshot**

No. There's a folder called bc_1, that's what needs to end up in your DLC folder.

G

Hey Gazebo. The mod is working perfectly so far! However, after installing numerous mods from Pick'N'Mix & the Piety & Prestige mod with Events and Decisions, my tech tree is completely corrupt. Are any of the pick n mix mods incompatible with CBP? I only installed the one's that weren't listed in the compatibility list.

-Mmkay126

Hey Gazebo. The mod is working perfectly so far! However, after installing numerous mods from Pick'N'Mix & the Piety & Prestige mod with Events and Decisions, my tech tree is completely corrupt. Are any of the pick n mix mods incompatible with CBP? I only installed the one's that weren't listed in the compatibility list.

-Mmkay126

I assume this is a typo. If not, that's your problem. If it is a typo, you should enable logging, load up your broken tech tree game, and then post your database.log and lua.log.

G

I assume this is a typo. If not, that's your problem. If it is a typo, you should enable logging, load up your broken tech tree game, and then post your database.log and lua.log.

G

That were in the compatibility list*. Sorry :p. I'll provide the log in a few minutes.

Hi Gazebo, I'm not sure if this has been posted or not before, if so I apologise.

I keep getting this in some of the tooltips in game: "Assets \dlc\uibc1\CORE\EUI.tooltips.lua:90"

How to fix this? Thanks.

Hey Gazebo,

I'm having the same issue as the person above with the assets\DLC\Ul_bc1\EUI_tooltips.lua:906:attempt to call method'GetbuildingInvestment' null when hovering over building descriptions as well. I did the auto installer & everything appears to look like it's in the right place.

Sorry if this is redundant & there's an answer somewhere in this thread. I've looked around & can't seem to figure out what I'm doing wrong. (including deleting mod & re-installing a few times)

Thanks

Hey Gazebo,

I'm having the same issue as the person above with the assets\DLC\Ul_bc1\EUI_tooltips.lua:906:attempt to call method'GetbuildingInvestment' null when hovering over building descriptions as well. I did the auto installer & everything appears to look like it's in the right place.

Sorry if this is redundant & there's an answer somewhere in this thread. I've looked around & can't seem to figure out what I'm doing wrong. (including deleting mod & re-installing a few times)

Thanks

Make sure EUI ended up in your civ install's DLC folder – sounds like you are using a non-standard install location for civ.

G

I do not have Civ5 through steam, how do I download the Community Balance Mod to that instead of to steam?

Civ on the PC is integrated with Steam – it relies on Steamworks. How exactly are you running it without Steam? Mac?

G

I don't know how I run it exactly, it's just a folder on my computer. My older brother got it for me a while back. I hope this information helps in some way. Is there a folder I should manually put it in or something?

I don't know how I run it exactly, it's just a folder on my computer. My older brother got it for me a while back. I hope this information helps in some way. Is there a folder I should manually put it in or something?

Hmm...you are on windows? If so, civ has to run through steam or it is a bootleg copy. I'd love to help, but there's a site-wide policy against supporting piracy (not saying you are a pirate, but that's my 'overture' in the event that it doesn't run through steam).

G

Hey Gazebo,

Thanks for responding...here's a screenshot of the folders that made it's way to the DLC folder. Is there something I am missing?

Attachments

• EUI folder.JPG
    EUI folder.JPG
    129.5 KB · Views: 71
So Gazebo, I figured out what the issue was...after I enabled all of the mods, I hit BACK insted of SINGLE PLAYER from the mods menu :rolleyes: That's embarrassing, but I know some other people had a similar issue and the fix is as simple as that.

I'm excited to get to playing my old favorite game with these new settings! Thanks for your help & hopefully this can help some others too. :D

So Gazebo, I figured out what the issue was...after I enabled all of the mods, I hit BACK insted of SINGLE PLAYER from the mods menu :rolleyes: That's embarrassing, but I know some other people had a similar issue and the fix is as simple as that.

I'm excited to get to playing my old favorite game with these new settings! Thanks for your help & hopefully this can help some others too. :D

Yeah, I did that about a dozen times the first time I tried to use a mod. The menu design is kind of weird.

Top Bottom