1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Community Patch - How To Install

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Jun 13, 2014.

1. hermes11

hermes11 Chieftain

Is there a reason NotificationPanel.lua and NotificationPanel.xml aren't listed under files to be deleted when using EUI & CP? I found the EUI ribbon didn't work until I deleted them from the "Community Patch\LUA" folder.

Or should I be installing the EUI Compatibility files?

https://github.com/LoneGazebo/Commu...mpatibility Files/EUI Compatibility Files/LUA

My understanding was that if you just want CP and EUI, you should install "(1) Community Patch.zip" and "eui_v1_28g.zi"p separately, and then delete

CityBannerManager.lua
    CityBannerManager.xml
    CityStateStatusHelp.lua
    DiploList.lua
    ProductionPopup.lua
    YieldIconManager.xml
    YieldIconManager.lua

from "Community Patch\LUA". But I also had to delete NotificationPanel.lua and NotificationPanel.xml .

2. ExpiredReign

ExpiredReign Deity

@Gazebo
    Is the installer script available anywhere for examination?
    I'd like to look at it as it seems there is a need to have an EUI version of just the CP option and I don't believe that is currently an option. Could be wrong about that.

I've noticed a few users wanting to install just CP with EUI or even CP without More luxuries etc. and not knowing how to go about it.

If the installer could provide all those options that would be handy.

3. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch Supporter

Yeah, it is on the github repo (look for the .iss in the main folder for the mod repo). Inno Script Studio is what I use.

G

4. ExpiredReign

ExpiredReign Deity

Thanks, doesn't make things easier though as your script is all setup to use the folder structure on YOUR system, not that matching the GitHub repo.

Nevermind, I'll persevere with it.

I am correct in thinking the only way to use the installer and have EUI is to install the whole package, you can't currently mix'n'match components?

EDIT:
    Actually this may be more of a nuisance than anything. Aren't the compatibility files only configured for the full package? That will make it a bit tricky. I'll think a bit on this, may not be worth it.

5. Fakoleon

Fakoleon Warlord

Hi, I'm currently playing with the v72 version of the CP, and I wonder if it will break my previous save to upgrade to the June version?
    Also I heard about a possible compatibility of the 43civ version of the TnAEMP, is it done yet or still WIP?
    thanks for good work btw !

6. Gazebo

Compatibility is for the full package, yep. We could make a CP+EUI that deletes specific files from the CP after installation, but that gets complicated.

It will break your save.

G

7. tdlhicks

tdlhicks Chieftain

This has probably been answered somewhere before, but I've been searching through the thread for the past hour and can't find anything on it. So I have all the DLC and Leaders, and used the auto-installer, but can't turn on any of the Vox Populi mods through Civ. I get the error "mod is missing required dependencies". I've read somewhere they need to be enabled in a certain order, but I can't enable one at all. Is there something else I forgot to do?

8. Gazebo

Clear out your MODS folder, delete your cache, and then reinstall the project.

G

9. tdlhicks

tdlhicks Chieftain

Still getting the errors. Do I still need to delete the LUA files if I used the auto-installer, or do ANY extra steps besides running the setup? Thanks for the fast response.

10. Gazebo

No. Make sure you are not subscribed to any mods in the workshop that would overwrite modpack mods. Also, make sure you aren't using OS X. Windows only.

G

11. tdlhicks

tdlhicks Chieftain

I actually went ahead and unsubscribed to every mod and deleted them from the MODS folder before I came here, and am running Windows. If you've never seen this bug before, it's probably just something wrong on my end.

12. Gazebo

I've seen it, but solution is usually that your cache wasn't cleared, or mod conflicts in your mods folder.

G

13. tdlhicks

tdlhicks Chieftain

Did a fresh install of Civ and CBP on another computer, and it's working perfectly except strategic and luxury resources are missing. Likely ancient ruins are too, because I haven't found one 30 turns in yet. Is there another simple fix for this I'm missing?

14. Gazebo

Make sure you are on the latest version of Civ (.279) and that you have all expansions and leader DLC.

G

15. tdlhicks

tdlhicks Chieftain

Yep, updated and have the DLC. Does this sound more like a CBP or EUI issue?

16. Gazebo

If you are loading everything (1) through (6a), hitting next, and starting a game, it should work fine. If it does not, open a bug report and we'll go from there.

G

17. tdlhicks

tdlhicks Chieftain

Is there a way to raze a city or make it a puppet? Every time I capture a city (not a capital, just a regular one) it's immediately integrated into my empire. Is there a tech or policy I haven't reached yet to do this, or is it a bug?

18. Gazebo

This usually happens because you've reached UI overflow (a Firaxis issue that cannot be resolved) or because you've got a LUA conflict. Make a github report (this is not the place for bug reports).

G

19. Hitsoumy

Hitsoumy Chieftain

Was playing with the Shoshones two times, first time around 120 turns, then around 250 turns. The game doesn't crash, doesn't show any errors, just closes itself.
    And later playing with Ramses, around 450 turns.
    Is there any reason for this kind of problem?
    ---
    Managed to fix, it was a render error while using the DX11 version, after disabling vsync, high detail strategic view and gpu texture decode no more errors. Played 2 games today, almost 7h and no errors.
    ---
    Okay... just got some more render failure on dx11 again and again, sad. Looks like it's really random.

20. Gazebo