Compatibility with 4K monitors ?

I'm also wondering about this. Would it be relatively easy for them to offer a higher resolution option if it is built off the same engine?

This appears to be another question in which we need to know of someone currently has one of those monitors and is playing Civ V to find out what the answer currently is to Civ V, which most likely will be the answer for CD release of BE. (All the news about 4K monitors I see is from 3 days ago, they might already be manufacturing the CDs even with this being a steamapp.)

Now if it doesn't fully support the resolution when you buy it and if its also simple to add, an early patch post release might add it. (Who knows, might even make day zero patch if someone asks Firaxis nicely about it)

Jeeze, I would love a 4k monitor for shooters or something like that, but I think it wouldn't make a big difference with Civ either way, would it?

With a 2K monitor CiV is sweet. You just get to see a lot more of the map even if you are zoomed in. I've been toying with a 4K monitor but if it won't run CiV or BE properly then there is no point as that is what I spend most of my time on.

regarding work, i got more efficiency out of dual display then from upgrading screen size. But sure it looks really neat...

I'm always up for more screen real estate but my diminishing eyesight dictates larger fonts, which sort of defeats the purpose. Well, at least I'll see the same acreage with more clarity. :)

I'd worry about finding a video card with the horsepower to push 4k.

And then what about all the older games that won't run above 1920x1080?

At least we'll never have to make the leap from 4x3 to 16x9 again. What a PITA that was.

I'd worry about finding a video card with the horsepower to push 4k.

And then what about all the older games that won't run above 1920x1080?

At least we'll never have to make the leap from 4x3 to 16x9 again. What a PITA that was.

Amen to that, brother. :) BTW, R U interested in buying some used VHS cassetes? :D

Top Bottom