Compete in King Livel (pasted from general)

oh - is this marathon? That probably changes the equation, with the unit vs. building hammers being different on marathon.

Huge marathon is probably not an easy map for learning on - the tips on that speed & size won't necessarily translate to most other sizes/speeds.

oh - is this marathon? That probably changes the equation, with the unit vs. building hammers being different on marathon.

Huge marathon is probably not an easy map for learning on - the tips on that speed & size won't necessarily translate to most other sizes/speeds.

In particular, techs are more expensive, while units are cheaper, including workers and workboats (but not settlers).

This makes starting with workboats much better than starting with a worker, since you
really need the extra commerce, and your worker may be unemployed for about 45
turns after farming the corn.

with a start of
workboat #1 (using plains hill forest)
workboat #2 (using fish, plains hill forest at size 2)
warrior until size 3 (using 2xfish + corn)
worker, whipped for 1 pop after 5 turns production and 2 turns anarchy
warrior finished
workboat #3
warrior (needed to garrision)
start on workboat #4

Agriculture will be done in 7 turns, the worker has chopped 1 forest and will be done
with the first mine in 8 turns. Rome will grow to size 4 in 5 turns, and a settler could
be whipped in 8 turns, if you want one very quickly.

By turn 69 you can have 3 workboats, 2 warriors and a worker, instead of

1 workboat, 1 archer and 1 warrior.

nice...

sorry i didnt think i must wait for advise after any move...i belive i must report the game as a played it for late analisis .... :\

AARs are all well and good but for someone - no offense here - who clearly could use some help with their early game, it's way more beneficial to present a situation, ask for advice and then play another short segment and wait for more advice. Repeat this ad nauseum, make the best of all the advice you get and you'll improve your game in no time.

well...ok...i use this game for fun now...and this evening i restart the challenge and i post here wainting for advise

ok i restart the game, setting monarch \ stardard size \ standard lenght \ julius caesar...

btw i want to say that i usually play an "immersive" type of game this is why i love huge and marathon

this is the dawn of man

Spoiler :

The Great Lighthouse is gonna be a high priority on this map, now if you can find somewhere to chop it out.

This is a great start btw,3 hills for decent production lots of food for those settlers/workers.The capitol is gonna be whipping lots in the beggining of the game.

ok ,

city go for: worker, workboat , settler or maybe worker , workboat , warrior and settler?

the CAP is pretty defendable, with this bottle neck ...

research go fo: Agri, BW

and i start exploring the map

Well there is no real point for a warrior so workboat, send the warrior you have around the island I have a feeling you will be able to fogbust (meaning barbs wont spawn around him) the whole island you have with just him.I think the island is small and if its not that small, you simply put the warrior on a hill/forest SE of the city and you can expand withouth much worry at the start.

Settle in place, follow the build order,tech order and move the warrior in the SE direction once you uncover a little more land over there post pic again.

mhh...ok, seem i need navigation asap if the island is too tiny...

for the cap: what i must buitt when i finish this costruction flow? perhaps another work boat?

Panz - post saves too

also, what type of map is this?

sorry, i didnt post before, tha map is big and small with random setting if my memory dont make a joke to me.

sorry , how can i post the saves O.o? where i upload it?

btw i virtually visit your country in this days lymond X) i'm reading a cronichle of the Civil war with Lee trynin to stop army of Potomac advance ;) i support Lee tbh...but i reach the time when Grant was appoint to command :\ and he just parry the wilderness coup :\ ahahaahah

Good presentation of your efforts. One difference between Civ V and Civ IV is the first build. While Civ V games often begin with a scout or warrior, Civ IV games usually start with a worker or workboat. Worker first is usually best if there is grain or you don't start with fishing.

Click "Go Advanced" and find the "Manage Attachments" button at the bottom. You can upload saves from there.

Lee was an amazing general and person really. His accomplishments transcend the war and cause of it. It's hard not to root for him even though the merits of what the South were fighting for were dubious. There's a great university named after him in Virginia. US Civil War is just a fascinating subject. My Civil War professor in college was renowned and appeared on Burn's documentary. Great stuff.

Click "Go Advanced" and find the "Manage Attachments" button at the bottom. You can upload saves from there.

Lee was an amazing general and person really. His accomplishments transcend the war and cause of it. It's hard not to root for him even though the merits of what the South were fighting for were dubious. There's a great university named after him in Virginia. US Civil War is just a fascinating subject. My Civil War professor in college was renowned and appeared on Burn's documentary. Great stuff.

thanks for the tips.

it's fascinating...yes..because it's at a crossroad from different warfare era....and i think for your people (USA) is more fascinating because it's your onyl civil war ever ^^, im italian and we slaughter ourself from the fall of west roman empire to the finish of ww2 X) if this is not enough we was as well the European Meatgrinder for centurys.....bad faith ;) ahhahah

because it's at a crossroad from different warfare era

exactly...including the first successful sinking of a warship by a submarine (a confederate submarine no less)...also the medical advancements were pretty interesting

exactly...including the first successful sinking of a warship by a submarine (a confederate submarine no less)...also the medical advancements were pretty interesting

after i try

yeah the hunley... the big one i think is the first massive use of scratched barrel insted of the older muskets smooth barrel...changed the balance of power between defence and attack...i read too much napoleon era confedarate glorius charge that finish in a horrible slaughterhouse at oper air...

Top Bottom