1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Conflict Manager Request: Maps

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Demo Game III: RPG' started by Octavian X, May 30, 2003.

1. Octavian X

Octavian X is not a pipe.

I request that the rules against having an official mapm kept by the land office before mapmaking be repealed. Since conflicts are now really starting up, it is vital that the conflict office have some sort official information on territory location. Remember, troops don't move by tile anymore - they move by territory. I need to know exactly where these places are so that approiate paths are used.

Sometimes realism is good, but not when it comes to offical matters.

Thanks.

2. Bootstoots

Bootstoots Moderator Moderator

I agree to this. An official map would be a huge improvement.

3. Stuck_as_a_Mac

Stuck_as_a_Mac Aptenodytes forsteri

Cant we just bring back the "Well, the other civs have it" rule? Cleo, Abe and Alex (i think) all have MM. If we were to allow me to make a map on these rules, we would. Also, that leads to a Job Opening

HELP WANTED
    This is an offical Land Office Decree. The office is looking for a few good men (or the occasional woman) to serve as Map Makers. The job currently pays nothing, but a salary would be created out of a percentage of land sale income. Must have some experinece with PSP or Photshop or even Paint. Jobs hours are (currently) not demanding, but will increase as the game goes on (especailly this office). Please apply in this thread or the land office if interested.

Neo DiSaaMuel, Cartographer
    (OCC- Yes, I've integrated my job into my character)

4. disorganizer

disorganizer Chieftain

Well people, we have some maps already. For example Helenatica is using a Map for its territory.
    If each "owner" would be responsible for mapping his own territories, we could define mapmaking as the tech to be needed for "official" maps of the land office.

In other words: Up to mapmaking only people mapping their own territory would have land :)
    After Mapmaking, the land office would be responsible to do "official" maps and this way each person can own land even if he/she doesnt do maps ;-)

5. Stuck_as_a_Mac

Stuck_as_a_Mac Aptenodytes forsteri

Yes, Dis. We know that you have a superior map compared to everyone else.

6. disorganizer

disorganizer Chieftain

Well, its easy... all owned lands must be mapped. All nonmapped lands will officially be assumed to be controlled by the Despot. Why not use that? This will force peopel to do something. The maps do not need to be up to date, but the last posted map will be assumed to be accurate.