1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Conquest of the World

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Stories & Tales' started by Quintillus, Apr 2, 2007.

1. ChaosArbiter

ChaosArbiter King

Aabraxan, I think what he meant is that he's not going to upload them because they'll only be useful for 4 days, until his Photobucket account resets.

2. choxorn

choxorn Watermelon Headcrab

They'll appear longer, he just means that after 4 days, the Photobucket Images Reappear. EDIT: Xpost with Chaos Arbiter.

THAT'S MY LINE!!!!!!! :mad:

3. Ryyrk

Ryyrk Chronic Underposter

But, green is our friend!

Anyway, is the bandwidth a constant thing, or do you get more bandwidth every month?

Edit: That post made absolutely no sense... Prob. because I couldn't see where I left off when I had to go to school.

Anyway, you mean that we here all have Real lives?

4. apallo333

apallo333 Chieftain

Holy God in heaven... I've finally caught up with the story! I have been reading this story for........maybe 2 months? anyway your story is great Quint, lots of people have their 1st post on this thread, and listen to chieftess (or face death) @chieftess btw didn't you post on my thread in tech support? thanx if you did. And now the bad part is that I will actually have to wait for updates instead of getting them on demand. ):

oh btw Quint i can't believe you are in college! Where do you go? I guess everyone just assumes that everyone else on forums is about their age.

*cough* commando bob

well I guess ill just have to go play my civ3 (vanilla) game... Wow this is so weird i am actually posting/participating in the great holy legendary COTW thread! I feel powerful!! (or maybe i'm just psychotic)

i should stop spamming.... sooooo update anytime soon? lol i just finished this thread about 5 minutes ago and already i am becoming impatient. I don't think this relationship will work out.........

P.S. do you think i am acting like i am 8 years old? i hope not...

Moderator Action: Posts merged - and that tech support post was by Padma.

5. KiRKy

KiRKy Chieftain

Nah just like youve got ADHD:lol:

6. D0NIMATRIX

D0NIMATRIX Full of drivel

Ahem, I believe I was the one who said that:

7. bunny_lard

bunny_lard Chieftain

good to hear quint. waiting eagerly for that quad update :D

8. choxorn

Well, I've said it more than once. :p

9. apallo333

apallo333 Chieftain

what is this real life that dominatrix and choxorn are talking about? Is it like a new unit in civ3?! I hope so!!! then i can build an army of "real lifes" tell me more about this new unit, or whatever it is.

P.S. i do not have ADHD, or ADD sorry about that other post that was george, he's the other person who lives inside my head... jk i was really excited when i posted that other post.

10. apallo333

apallo333 Chieftain

oh btw how do i subscribe to this thread?

11. mythmonster2

mythmonster2 BEC NOIR! RUN!

When you post, you automatically subscribe, but if you want to subscribe to a thread but don't want to post, at the top of the thread, there's a tab called " Thread Tools". Click it and choose subscribe.

12. bunny_lard

bunny_lard Chieftain

jeez apallo how many double posts is that? Padma's gonna hate you :p

13. choxorn

We wish we knew. We've heard it's something that isn't involved with civ3. Perhaps it's part of some other video game...

14. D0NIMATRIX

What are you talking about, choxorn?

15. Tasslehoff

Tasslehoff Kender

The real life thing that everybody's going on about. Seriously guys, it's overrated.

And please stop posting now, wait and trust in Quintillius to come. We don't want the thread locked.

16. 3Davideo

3Davideo Chieftain

Real life is for the 100 million people under Quint's control. They go about their "real" lives under the domination of their tyrannical — er, beneficial overlord. :mischief: No bearing on the game, though.

Maybe that's what Quint should have mentioned in the post that covered 2008.:lol:

17. D0NIMATRIX

People, we must not let real life get this thread closed, for it seems that it is more powerful than we could have guessed.

= Stop posting about it.

18. Quintillus

Quintillus Archiving Civ3 Content Supporter

Exactly. It'd take me half as long to upload them and change the links as it would be beneficial for - not a good time:usefulness ratio.

Bandwidth resets every 2nd of the month.

I don't know that everyone here has Real Lives, but I try to keep up at least somewhat of one. Sometimes easier said than done though.

I wasn't in college when this thread started! Age isn't so apparent on the forums - most posters I don't know the age of. Anyways, I'm in Virginia. For the sake of anonymity I'm not going to give the name of the exact school.

I will come back sometime (probably fairly soon) after February 2nd. I edited the text today and the photos are cropped, and a few are uploaded to Photobucket. Until then, yes, it probably is best to not bump the thread too much, because I have no intention of posting the update until the photos will appear again.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to some real life. Overrated or not, sometimes it certainly is fun.

:lol: Actually, considering that my empire has computers and lasers, it's quite possible someone has already invented a game similar to Civilization. And my empire certainly has the Internet. So I'm not sure real life is for them.

19. apallo333

apallo333 Chieftain

hmmmm anonymity huh? Well I live in the NW hemisphere, I'm sorry i can't really talk about my location all i can say is that i work for a government agency and... well ive already said to much...

20. choxorn

Yeah, it's 2010 in his empire, real life has long since disappeared.

Oh, BTW, Quint, why is there still no link to Chapters 66 and 69? :p