Conquests of Might and Magic III

Just got it and noticed that Catherine Ironheart really should be Ironfist.

Looks like I got Gryphonheart and Ironfist muddled up a bit.

Armageddon pedia entries: the range of a Tac Nuke is 7/10 squares - needs to be fixed to The range of an Armageddon spell is 7/10 squares.

Will be fixed.

The Aurora Borealis provides your army with every turns. Fill in the blanks?

Something I left incomplete (by accident). It provided all spells in HoMM3, but this can't really be done with Civ3 engine... so I was still unsure what to have it's bonus be. I thought about letting it auto-produce a very powerful spell.

The 'Tombs' of Magic should be 'Tomes'.

Will be fixed.

Spell Tower pedia entry: It says a lot of things about building airfields. Shouldn't it be Spell Towers? :p

Will be fixed.

Rivers block borderlines, can't see them.

I used the original river graphics, unless I make them considerably smaller, that problem may persist.

Thanks for these, I will fix them for upcoming update.

Wow! I just dl'ed and played this mod today and all I can say is wow, just wow. You have put a lot of work and care into this creation. I have not played a standard game of Civ3 in I can't even remember when but after playing this mod you've given this game mode new life for me! I shall definitely report back on any findings I may come across.

Thanks Moff!

I should have the next version out in a few days or so. I went ahead and made some pretty big changes, that appear to work much better. I thought about doing this change long ago, but after Lamabreeder mentioned it again, I went ahead and gave it go; and it makes for a much more enjoyable game. By removing most all the Creature techs (which were required to build the auto-production buildings), now all Civ's can build these structures from the start, as long as they have the appropriate resources and prerequisite buildings built.

I am testing it now, and these structures cost do need to be increased; but AI goes after these now with a vengeance. This has a few good effects, solves the problem with AI research, lets higher level creatures be part of the game much earlier, puts a priority for player to set aside a couple cities to build these instead of settlers in early game (since AI seems to). Gives more variety which was badly missing before due to the problems.

I am trying to get all other issues fixed as well. Barbs have been fixed (got rid of the invisible Rogue), have the neutral civ fully functional with correct stats for all their improvements, disease is out and very low on floodplains, and lots of other stuff.

Also, I am going to try to desaturate the terrain; so it's easier on the eyes and to see the units.

Sounds good tom, I look forward to the new release. By the way I do love the terrain as is because I really feel like I'm playing HOMM3 and not Civ3! But I agree, on someone old like me, a little less saturation will be kinder to the eyes.

I'm thinking of mixing up the civ traits a little bit based as closely as I can on the theme of each town. Here's what I'm thinking right now. Not sure about some though. Here's a link of trait descriptions.

* Tower (Scientific and Industrious) - with Wizards and Spells abound. Gremlins bust their butts to earn their freedom from their chains.

* Fortress (Agricultural and Militaristic) - Creatures of the swamp, probably good at using land to their advantage. Creatures are vicious.

* Stronghold (Militaristic and Industrious) - Pure Warriors. Industrious perhaps because although they don't build elaborate structures, these goblin/ogre warriors make obvious good strong workers that helps with their Warrior Might mentality.

* Inferno (Militaristic and Expansionist/Commercial) - HoMM3 version of hell, who is hellbent on conquest.

* Dungeon (Militaristic and Commercial) - underground creatures who wage war campaigns of conquest for wealth and power.

* Castle (Seafaring and ?Comm/Indust) - Seafaring because the town provides the lighthouse special building. Could be anything else such as commercial, industrious, etc). I won't make militaristic for this.

* Conflux (Scientific and Commercial?) - Not alot is known about the Conflux, but they have some powerful magic type abilities which fit their creatures.

* Necropolis (Commercial and ?Expansionist) - The Undead sometimes are associated with payment in certain circumstances (clash of titans skel boat ride, etc), . Not sure what else here. Expansion perhaps? I don't think the dead are good builders; good fighters it depends.

* Rampart (Agricultural and Commercial) - Town made up of creatures of the unspoiled wilderness. Commercial since town gives lots of commercial type buildings (treasury, etc).

* Neutrals (Expansionist and Agr?) - All the creatures that do not belong to another town. No real theme here. The wide range of untis perhaps gives bonus with land (agr) due to knowledge.

I'm not using Religious because governments don't change and traits don't seem to be giving any improvement discounts (don't know why either)?? Even if improvement is set to a trait, and the civ has that trait; no discount on building it.

Expansionist is a pretty worthless trait, but brings 50 gold and a treasure luxury resource possibility (for goody huts), so it can make a horde of gold early on; and towns in a treasure radius can bring about much more money also.

I never really post on this site at all, but this MOD has brought me out of the woodwork. I just have to say this: WOW. You have done something amazing here. Absolutely amazing. You took my two favourite games and combined them. I don't think it could get more awesome than that! Keep up the good work!

Version 1.17 Patch and BIQ file has been released.

Go to the first post to download them both (Patch and BIQ)!

The v1.17 patch includes all other patches, so nothing else is needed. Simply extract it and copy the COMM3 folder into your Conquests/Scenarios folder and overwrite all files.

The BIQ contains many updates, which are included in the readme file (in the patch) and below:
Spoiler :

Decreased cost of Necromancy and Advanced Necromancy, made these tech's only appear on tree for Necropolis civ
Fixed script.txt labels for Air Combat
Auto-build times increased
Added science to mage guild 5
Road commerce decreased to 1
Mining removed from forests
Fixed to make Legion pieces upgrade to Neutral civ units!
Fixed workers having hitpoints
Increased cost of Well and Water Resovoir
Fixed Navigation tech enabled trade over sea/ocean tiles
Fixed problems with Golem Factories
Took out Creature Level 1-7 and upgrade Techs
Added 4 Creature Techs for Level 1 upgrades and Level 2 units
Increased appearance of Gems, Sulfur, Mercury, and Crystal resources
Changed Magic Tombs to Magic Tomes
Corrected Name: Catherine Ironheart to Ironfist
Floodplains disease too strong (decreased to 5%)
Removed disease from Jungle
Removed all flavor settlers (to see if this corrects the 'settler bug')
Game time brought down to 540 turns.
Put in correct values for neutral civ buildings (auto production and cost)
Updated neutral civ with Kyriakos fantasy cities
Updated roads and railroads with Pounders cobblestone graphics
Increased cost of Legion buildings
Modified Civ Traits
Increased cost of unit-producing buildings
Increased cost of citadels and castles, shipyard
Grail building must be built in city radius (so players know where Grail building is, and taking that city will/may destroy the Grail building, allowing the other 'similar towns' a chance to build it.
Scout move points decreased to 1, given ATAR
Got rid of workers and scouts ability to see invisible (no more invisible barbs)
Disabled AI building of Heroes until they are 'flushed out' and fixed
Adding large and small building graphics, pedia info for neutral buildings
Fixed some text in pedia sections (airfields, radar tower, etc) to correct terms.
Bloodlust, Haste, Prayer, Stone Skin spells changed to units as a test
Altered culture winning values

In this BIQ, all the Hero creature techs have been removed for now. This is until I figure out how to best work this. The AI is not smart enough to properly research as it is set now.

Creature techs have also been removed, now the improvements can be built right from the start (if prereq's are met). You will see alot more variety of units now and more quickly.

I was unable to finish de-saturating the terrain yet; so it will come later once I get it looking the best I can.

Enjoy!

I never really post on this site at all, but this MOD has brought me out of the woodwork. I just have to say this: WOW. You have done something amazing here. Absolutely amazing. You took my two favourite games and combined them. I don't think it could get more awesome than that! Keep up the good work!

Thanks tellville, it's great to hear from a fellow HoMM3 fan (and Civ fan)! Once I get the beta game complete, I will finish making the scenarios that were in the HoMM3 game as well. Hope you like it, and leave feedback if you care to, it really helps me get to things I may otherwise miss.

Hey Tom, which towns of mine did you use for the neutrals? :)

I ended up using your excellent French set. It fit in nicely with other towns, and gave a good general appearance since the neutrals are a wide variety of units.

I had to enlarge the graphic slightly to fit size with all the towns in size (otherwise it looked a bit out of place because of the size differences), hope you don't mind.

1.7 report, this time with screenshots ;)

The Aurora "Borealias" provides you with... what? Might wanna check that and change spelling to "Borealis"...

You might want to decide what that auto-produced spell is now eh?
Spoiler :

Tom's half-4ssed effort for the 'Tombs' of Magic led to this.
Spoiler :

Spelling...?
Spoiler :

This surprised me most of all... what before was an informative text to read now is a confusion for players. This is happening with a vast amount of techs.
Spoiler :
Stronghold Specific Tech? :o

I'll be back Tommeh.

The Aurora "Borealias" provides you with... what? Might wanna check that and change spelling to "Borealis"...

You might want to decide what that auto-produced spell is now eh?

I mentioned that I haven't decided how to implement their strength yet. I put this out to get the base game working in a more steady fashion. There are still things that are left out at the moment that I need to get around to, like this. ;)

Tom's half-4ssed effort for the 'Tombs' of Magic led to this.

Missed the resources, thank you.

Spelling...?

Thank you again.

This surprised me most of all... what before was an informative text to read now is a confusion for players. This is happening with a vast amount of techs.
Spoiler :
Stronghold Specific Tech? :o

You loaded up an old BIQ file if you got that. Did you download the new 1.17 BIQ file?

I am adding the Space Race victory for next update. It will be the building of Armageddon's Blade to win. You will still be able to research the Armageddon spell (nukes), because Armageddon spell kills your own troops also if it hits them.

Armageddon's Blade, per lore, makes your troops immune to Armageddon, giving the owner the power to set the world on fire (and survive)!

Componenets will likely be (only 6 parts):
Seeking Armageddon
The Sword of Hellfire (resource)
The Breastplate of Brimstone (resource)
The Shield of the Damned (resource)
The Maker of Sorrows (possible new resource; Grand Forgesmith Khazadar)
Armageddon's Blade (resource)

I have tried new version of the mod - good work!

Tribes with Agricultural trait expand like crazy - I hate to start next to them...

I like Scouts with move 1 and ATAR - they are much more useful now, especially that basic Barbarians are move 1 Halflings so it is much easier to avoid them. Expansionist trait is rather useless for a human but may be useful for AI - AI seems to not to build Scouts and one Scout at start may discover a lot. A bug: Neutrals 1 cannot build Scouts (I don't know what about other Neutrals).

AI research path makes more sense now - they seem to research along all branches of the tech tree (I am not sure about the Might tree).

Best regards,

Slawomir Stachniewicz.

Top Bottom