Constitution Discussion: Article D, Executive Branch

DS: sounds like a chain of command type worker structure, Id like to chew that for a little while.

Governors should have the right to request certain land improvements, but I'm not sure about the power to actually make the decisions should be given to them

Edit: though by my view Daveshack's proposal follows that, but basically expands on it a bit more then I feel neccisary.

DaveShack said:
Here's what I would like in terms of worker control. Unfortunately it's a bit cumbersome, but maybe some of my esteemed colleagues in the proposed laws author's guild can come up with a way to say it elegantly.

• Domestic / Internal Affairs should control how workers are assigned to provinces, so that national priorities are balanced
  • Governors (with help of mayors and citizens) should control what improvements are done to each tile and provide an indication of their preferred order of completion
  • President / DP is responsible for the actual assignment of tasks to workers, and the final ordering of how tasks are done to maximize productivity.

IIRC, this was how it was done in DGIII. And while DGIII was full of controversy, the worker assignments worked out just fine.

You're right, Noldodan. The Worker situation did work well in DG3. And I do like DS's plan above, with refinement. But it may be a bit late now. Perhaps we can work on it more later.

I think this can be unwritten and based on the President. The distubution of worker reponsibility can then be a campaign issue rather than a rigid law.

Mr(or Madame) President, how do you plan to include other elected leaders in your labor plans?.

Let's let the buck stop with the President.

I considered is DS, and I think that your method of doing things is actually quite similar to the way the game will turn out to function.

The domestic/governors will request workers for certain jobs, and the president will assign them based on priority.

As far as which workers are assigned to which provinces, that is very difficult to do, I think a broad workforce generality is easier to work with.

Domestic/governors request a worker for such a task----> president assigns them.

It seems to me that a very minor change to the sentence can create a situation such as this.

In your situation, do you want the president or the domestic advisor to have ultimate authority over workers? that is the most critical part.

RE-Proposed Article D Ratification Poll:
Code:
Article D.  The Executive branch is responsible for determining 
            and implementing the will of the People. It is headed
            by the President who shall be the primary Designated 
            Player. The President shall take direction from a 
            council of leaders and from other elected and appointed 
            officials via the turnchat instruction thread. The President
            shall be tasked with control of worker actions.
              1.  The Minister of Domestic Affairs shall be 
                  responsible for all domestic initiatives, worker allocation, as well 
                  as the distribution of funds, as prescribed by law.
              2.  The Minister of Foreign Affairs shall be responsible
                  for matters involving treaties with foreign nations, 
                  as prescribed by law.
              3.  The Minister of Defense shall be responsible for all
                  military strategy and troop activities, as 
                  prescribed by law.
              4.  The Minister of Trade shall be responsible for all 
                  trade, domestic and foreign, and the use of resources,
                  as perscibed by law.
              5.  The Misister of Science shall be responsible for all tech 
                  acquisition, as prescribed by law.
              6.  The Minister of Culture shall be responsible for the
                  keeping of the peace and the construction of wonders.

Optional lines: President shall be in charge of worker actions, the Domestic advisor shall advise the President on worker allocation.

Well, why have a middle man?

It seems to me it would be a better idea if the power to decide worker allocation rested solely in the President. We assume that only the governors and MIA want a piece of the worker pie. What if the military needs a road so it can better march of to war? What if the Minsiter of Trade needs a road to establish a connection? Could the science department want more roads instead of mines in order to increase commerce, and by association, research speed?

I'd rather let the President make decision himself. It'd be the only decision-making power he'd have normally. Plus, it'd give incentive for more people to stop by the chat, so as to advise him on those decisions.

That argument for the President to be responsible for worker actions is persuasive. I don't think the clock needs to be restarted on the proposed poll, just copy the re-revised text down to the bottom of the thread and proceed to the poll when the 24 hours runs out, unless there is new opposition in the opposite direction.

Top Bottom