1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Cookbook B (Buffy & Deity)

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Strategy & Tips' started by Fippy, Nov 27, 2020.

1. Tonny

Tonny King

I'm sorry @5tephen that you couldn't do anything with my save. Pausing the game is a habit I learned during the SGOTM26 game.
    If you like I can submit my t60 game again at the unpaused state.

2. Tonny

Tonny King

I'll submit my unfinished turnset for now for anyone to see or play with (not paused)
    It's turn 92 with many decisions left

Attached Files:

3. 5tephen

5tephen Warlord

@Tonny
    No worries - I didn't know about pausing but I could unpause it myself - probably won't use Sampsa's method of doing so!
    If the next turnset isn't being announced until after Christmas, maybe you have a little longer to get to T110?

4. Fippy

Fippy Mycro Junkie Queen

You want an extension Tonny?
    Not the time for "deadlines" currently tbh.

shakabrade likes this.
  5. drewisfat

drewisfat Prince

Here's mine

Attached Files:

6. Fippy

Fippy Mycro Junkie Queen

Hmm not sure what to do.
    I think continue playing if you already submitted and have time now, but Tonny or anybody who's still busy with round 2 can finish their saves too.

Trying something different..no turn limit now, you can stop at any point or finish the game.

sampsa likes this.
  7. Tonny

Tonny King

I'll try to get some progress here, just to compare my game with @Powerfaker 's game.
    My issue is that the turnset in round 2 is too long. Many of us can get a nice game going, but screw up (especially me) in the second half of that set. I'm not accustomed to this level of play.

8. drewisfat

drewisfat Prince

Been a while since anyone posted but don't want thread to die! Here's mine up to 1000AD.

Attached Files:

Fippy, shakabrade and sampsa like this.
  9. Fippy

Fippy Mycro Junkie Queen

Being happy with just a couple submitted saves in later rounds (or just using ~2 rounds) seems the best we can hope for.
    Many peoples by now are not motivated enuf anymore for friendly Civ games, normal imo after all this time.

Under those conditions i think it's best if there are no restrictions past turn 100 or so.

10. krikav

krikav Theorycrafter

Sorry I'm late!
    T60 save submitted here, will enjoy comparing with you others now!

Attached Files:

Qactus and sampsa like this.
  11. Izuul

Izuul Level 86

How, exactly, does random personalities work? I seem to recall that it can essentially turn Gandhi into Shaka regarding aggression, but how does the game handle favorite civics and other AI behaviors? Like I've noticed over the years that Hammurabi techs Aesthetics much more frequently than most AI so if the game gave Monty the personality of Hammy, would he also be more inclined to tech Aesthetics?

Spoiler in case I'm not allowed to discuss the opening screenshot in this thread.
    Spoiler :
    I might play this one a little just for fun (doubt I will submit anything). I think the initial settling decision is very interesting. SIP is the very commerce focused approach while moving SW to the PH offers more production and could perhaps claim a bit more land. The oasis is nice in the very early game and does help alleviate the lost commerce from moving off incense and away from silver.

Also SIP vs 1S.. lots of options to sift through.. man...

I know almost everyone has already played the early game though.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2021
    krikav likes this.
  12. krikav

krikav Theorycrafter

@Izuul Pretty much all possible settlements are represented so you will have something to compare with no matter where you settle. Most people seem to have gone for a commerce-heavy approach though. So if you want more to compare with, or if you want to take the road less traveled...

Random personalities, I think it's basically just a shuffle between AI behaviours, they are what they are but behind a "mask". They do keep their original favourite civics and their own flavours and probabilites.
    Thats at least how I have understod it.

Not a huge fan of random personalities!

sampsa likes this.
  13. krikav

krikav Theorycrafter

Played to the next checkpoint, T110.

Attached Files:

14. Fippy

Fippy Mycro Junkie Queen

No restrictions here anymore Izuul, post what you like ;)
    (i dunno how i could manage this system from t100+ on, any suggestions welcome btw)

I always play with random P. lately, not knowing who they are makes it more like playing against humans (well not really, but you cannot tell okay this one will not declare at pleased).
    As Krikav wrote, Gandhi can be Shaka and so on and he will now have Police State as favorite civic, and all other Shaka behaviour.

15. Izuul

Izuul Level 86

I'm just paralyzed by indecision here.

16. krikav

krikav Theorycrafter

Now I'm up at T160 too!! :D

Attached Files:

17. Izuul

Izuul Level 86

I finally chose the PH 1SW. The concerning thing to me about SIP was the 2nd and 3rd city placement looked potentially awkward. The biggest benefit is obviously the silver mine. I believe it worked out to something like 16 or 17 extra turns of silver vs grabbing it with the 2nd city. That is around 100 beakers, but I'm hoping i can make that up in other areas.

1S was very appealing too with 2nd and (maybe) 3rd cities already connected via water. It was a difficult choice.

krikav likes this.
  18. Fippy

Fippy Mycro Junkie Queen

Soo we have Drew with a very impressive & creative completed game.
    Breathing new life into Celtic uniques, check it out peoples :)

Qactus, krikav and sampsa like this.