Corporation mechanics

1Up:
Want to reap the benefits of a corporation without paying the fees? No problem -- just send a business executive to set up shop in someone else's territory. While you gain the production bonuses, the city's owner pays the fees.

I can't quite believe that that's the way it works. Take ethanol for example. Does the founding civ get the benefits of the newly produced oil when the corporation acts in a foreign territory? Is it impossible for a non founding civ to use the corporation to create its own oil?

I can't quite believe that that's the way it works. Take ethanol for example. Does the founding civ get the benefits of the newly produced oil when the corporation acts in a foreign territory? Is it impossible for a non founding civ to use the corporation to create its own oil?

If that would be true, corporation would be very strong, but it feels a bit overpowered.

came up with a couple of curiosities..

1. Would existing corporation make others harder to spread as in religion?

2. Will I be able to *REMOVE* a certain corporation from a city? My neighbor civ planted this corp. which is not worthy for me and pays maintenance. But I won't to go for Mercantilism or State Propery. It'd be frustrating if I'm not able to. :blush:

The question I have is the following:
If i found a corporation in a city, that city has the HQ, no?
Then:
Does that city get the benefit from this corp? for example Oil from Stan. Eth.?
If i spread it to a foreing city, i will become money, that the foreing city is paying, but: is that city going to receive the benefits in exange of the resources? (i hope yes)
Will I be able to assign individual resources to the corps? For ex:
I hae 1 corn and i prefer to assign it to standar Ethanol instead of assigning it to health.
Now that it matters to have multiple resources, will we able to trade with all the resources and in any quantity on diplomacy? (I mean not only with those that we don´t have in common) For example I have marmol and creative constructions. I call another civ and ask him for two more units of marmol.

I have to assume many of these previews have it a bit off, or its just really silly.

From what I understand I, as the founder of a corporation, I get cash from every instance of my corporation in the world. So far so good.

I also understand that maintaining a corporation is part of an individual city's expense.

But what gets vague and hazy is who gets the increased production, gold food that the corporation provides? I just assumed this is something the hosting city got.

So, sure, I have to pay to maintain my opponent's Cereal Mills that spread to my capitol city of Rome, but don't *I* get the benefits of this corporation planted in my city after paying the maintenance fees?

Even if the AI changes civics to avoid your corporation spamming, just use your spies to change it back.

I think that's far easier said than done, though.

A comment from betas/Firaxians would be nice. Since this was described already, it is in public domain and thus NDAs do not apply - all we need is confirmation whether this is right or wrong.

What I don't understand is this statement:

1UP article said:
For instance, the Cereal Mills Corporation can only be built in cities that have corn, rice and wheat.

Does that mean that the city has access to corn, rice, and wheat, i.e. they are somewhere in your empire and connected via the trade-network, OR does it actually mean all three resources have to be in the 21 square city radius.

If it means simply connected anywhere in your empire, does it have to be physically in your empire, or could you have rice and corn, and then trade for wheat from someone else, and then be able to use the corporation in your cities.

Top Bottom