1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

CPU usage is enormous

Discussion in 'Civ2 - Technical Support' started by prepareforwar, Feb 14, 2005.

1. happy_otter

happy_otter Chieftain

I am running win 7 32 bits and I have the same problem as Sir_Lancelot. Without the CPU-throttle, I can run civ2 and load/save files, but have near 100% CPU usage. With the CPU-throttle, the CPU usage problem is gone, but loading and saving is impossible. :-(

2. SvenBent

SvenBent Chieftain

Hmm wierd my first play time around this cpu throttle worked flawlessly. now im plaiyng on win10 64bit and i cant load my games if i have cpu throttle running

my savegames was saved without cpu throttle running ( i had forgotten about it)

tried enabling admin mode for both inject.exe and civ2.exe but nothing helped

3. Verrucosus

Verrucosus Chieftain

This is probably a long shot, but you might try checking the "disable visual themes" compatibility option. I have no experience with either Windows 10 or the CPU-Throttle, but this setting + "run as admin" helped me under Windows 7 64 bit with a similar load/save issue for the original RollerCoaster Tycoon game.

4. Jarek Noschese

Jarek Noschese Chieftain

It didn't work for me. On my Windows 10 x64 host and Windows XP x86 guest, it just says "process could not be loaded". Nothing for me worked that I could think of. Help PLEASE?!...

5. Jarek Noschese

Jarek Noschese Chieftain

That thing's been deleted. Somebody needs to reupload it.

6. Jarek Noschese

Jarek Noschese Chieftain

Uodate this thing for 2019 please. It doesn't eork on my laptop anymore...

7. deeves

deeves Chieftain