Cracking the MPP nut

Magnus

Diplocat
If you have a neighbor who you wish to attack but you notice he has a lot of MPP's and you do not wish to have the entire world attack you, this is what you do:

1. Make MPP's with everyone he has MPP's with.

2. Send a worker inside his borders.

3. Declare war with him just before your turn ends. This will cause him to scoop up your worker on his ensuing turn, causing everyone he had an MPP with to take your side and not his because he was the aggressor!

I for one think that this strategy, although highly effective and used by me on occassion, should be quashed in a future patch.

In a situation where a civ has a MPP with two other warring civilizations, the pact that should be followed is the older one. That way MPP would become part of the human players long term strategies as opposed to a "quick fix". Most counties will tend to side with a long time alley as oppsed to a "new best friend". Granted this is not a had and fast rule. Of course I am not a player on the real world diplomatic scene so I could be wrong - has been known to happen.

Yeah but shouldnt the MPP nations side with the attacked not the aggressor? that makes more sense, if you've two friends and one punches the other in the face unprovoked you would side with the punchee not the puncher regardless of how long you've known either. I think this is a cool little trick and I will use it.

Well, declaring war in and of itself will not set off an MPP; the aggressor is determined by who attacks first. Thus even though I was the one who declared war, I was considered the victim.

Originally posted by Magnus
Well, declaring war in and of itself will not set off an MPP; the aggressor is determined by who attacks first. Thus even though I was the one who declared war, I was considered the victim.

Therin lies the fault. You declared war therefore you should be considered the aggresor.

eric the fish (yum :fish: :D) good point. But using this strategy, the other civ is not unprovoked. War was declared on him.

Don't get me wrong... I do this all the time.:goodjob:

I agree. MPP's should side with the deffender. I even think that with MPP's, that if someone attacks then the other people that the country has MPP's with shouldn't back them up, or maybe shouldn't have an obligation too. They could maybe choose. If they don't they may face being turned on by the person that they had signed the MPP with, if they do then it is carried out like normal.

Top Bottom