Crusader Kings 3

I hope you enjoyed the free week of CK3 last week. I did and so I bought the game. I'm actually 25 years into my Ireland campaign, which compared to my previous Paradox games is A LOT. My first ruler (Dublin) was able to become King of Ireland, although I don't know what good that does me. I captured 9 counties (of 14), but upon his death, my new character only has 4. My two brothers control 2 each and non-family vassal controls 1. The next generation I have 3 sons, so my next guy will have just 2 counties. Capturing more counties just earns you another unruly vassal to placate. Plus I married off my son and heir to a genius "not attracted to men" (I didn't see that part about her) so I only have 1 grandson, (but he's a genius). My only way forward is a plan to create the kingdom of Wales. I can do this because a Welsh duke adopted iconoclasm, but I need gobs of piety to launch a holy war. To help me earn piety I became "celibate", then my councilor murdered my wife (the queen), but my new wife, (who had really good stats), immediately became a "fornicator" because I'm "celibate"! No problem, I'm "forgiving". I can divorce her at any time, (but she has really good stats). So, I pile up piety which I can trade for gold from the pope to build up my army so I can launch the holy war in about 10 years of game time when I will meet the requirements. And so it goes...

Is CK3 really much better than CK2?
Much better? No.
Different.
Easier to get in to, more easily understandable rules for stuff like inheritance.
Less options than if you had all the CK2 dlc.
Also can't select from any date anymore. Most people always started from 867 or 1066 but if you wanted to play from another date you had the option in CK2. Not so in CK3.

Much better? No.
Different.
Easier to get in to, more easily understandable rules for stuff like inheritance.
Less options than if you had all the CK2 dlc.
Also can't select from any date anymore. Most people always started from 867 or 1066 but if you wanted to play from another date you had the option in CK2. Not so in CK3.
So is it more enjoyable?

Top Bottom