1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Crusader Kings 3

Discussion in 'All Other Games' started by Ailedhoo, Aug 26, 2020.

1. sherbz

sherbz Emperor

The trouble is that quite often their numerous DLCs "break" the base game. Im often reminded of my time with Stellaris. And i was really annoyed that i had world events that i literally could not complete because i did not have the relevant DLC.

2. Arakhor

Arakhor Dremora Courtier Moderator

Well, I've had a couple of Stellaris events which wouldn't complete anyway (and I have the DLC in question). I think that's rather more likely to be a bug than it is Paradox putting the events in vanilla and the triggers to complete them in DLC.

3. sherbz

sherbz Emperor

Maybe. Or maybe its a psychological lever to try and get you to buy the DLC :crazyeye:

4. Ailedhoo

Ailedhoo wonderer

Time for a report on my succesful Iberian run that saw my dynasty, the Dhunnunid, rise to be the Caliph of Muwalladism.

Now the Hispanic Empire has cometh to a greater hight in avenging Toulous.

Spoiler Avenged :

The Muwalladi Caliphate has through piety and glory taken hold over Western Europe and Africa, with nearly all of West Francia now part of the dominion of the Andalusian emperor and Iberian Caliph Tariq of the Dynasty of Dhunnunid!

Spoiler The Avenger :

For the greatest of God and the piety of the Prophet we have enshrined ourselves through Tariq the Avenger!

BTW Byzantine follows Ibadism, Egypt is Coptic, the Danelaw (note: I am on a 1066 start) is Catholic again (although Adamites are in Scotland), Syria is under a Crusader King (Palestine however is under my control) and one of my vassals so happens to be the Caliph of Almohadism.

Synsensa likes this.
  5. Kyriakos

Kyriakos Alien spiral maker

At least the Byzantine Empire looks good.
    And yes, there's no way my computer can run CK3. It can't even run CK2, apparently.

6. Haig

Haig Deity

So I own EU4, got few hundred hours in it but never fell in love. Feels like the whole game is just "painting the map" and repetive.

I'm interested in CK3 though as I've read some fun stories about it. Does it differ from EU4 a lot ?

7. Synsensa

Synsensa Deity Retired Moderator

CK is far more character-focused than EU. Much easier to roleplay, and the RNG dynamics for traits and events add a lot of replayability and curve balls.

8. Ailedhoo

Ailedhoo wonderer

Just to warn folk: the achievement system for Steam on CK3 has a bug that forgets who you start as after you load your save, a factor I am come to note from experience through my Matilda, Rurik and Iberian siblings runs.

9. GenyaArikado

GenyaArikado Judge of Love

I made someone using portrait editor, more bookmarks+ mod and savegame editing. Hopefully she's recognizable enough

Last edited: Sep 23, 2020 at 1:57 PM
    Icicle likes this.