Crusader Kings 3

Ailedhoo

wonderer
In light of Crusader Kings 3 soon to be released on the first of September and my enjoyment of the developer dairies & streams: folks looking to it? What you wish to try? Whom you going to start as? Having greatly enjoyed CK2 I am intrigued.

I am very much looking forward to it. That said, I won't be buying on release. If it gets rave reviews, I may buy it a week or two after release. Otherwise I may wait until Christmas time when it will undoubtably have a discount and probably a DLC or two added to it as well.

Ck2 I think is the only good paradox game and so I think I'm going to get 3, but I haven't been following development and amn't dying to play it terribly soon so I think I'm going to wait on sales.

Unless friends get very eager for multiplayer, maybe

I've already bought my copy, but then CK2 is one my most-played games ever.

I forget how much these games are when they first come out. I'll probably look at it and decide when it comes out, but probably buy it later.

When the pandemic hit I got some free CKII DLC from a friend's friend from Cali who was giving away free keys, to help people out who are looking to not go insane staying at home. I waited a week and asked for the keys, they were still available, so I didn't feel as bad grabbing them. I also bought one of the DLCs that allowed me to play as Jewish states I think. Then played through the whole game in that save where the muslims took over half of Europe. Then imported that save into EUIV and continued there. I'm sort of paradoxed out for now and am focusing on transportation fever 2 and stuff

I'll probably be tempted to pick this up at some point, but I bet not until it's like $20 cad or something

You'll be waiting a year or two then.

I'm going to wait. Paradox does not release good games. They update into good games. And I don't really want to deal with the release routine of rapid, significant balance alterations every other week.

I hope they fixed the code bloat problem.

I also hate how they release 200 DLCs, and in the case of EU for instance, each one allows you to play as certain nations. That seems like a ripoff. I mean, yeah, I usually buy these on sale, and I don't mind giving Paraox my money.. but..
You would have liked the EU4 Humble Bundle back in January. All the DLCs for something like $19 CAD.

I wish to report: I have reforged the Norse faith!

After times of glory gathering the King of Sweden set forth the holy task. Praise Odin!

Spoiler The Reformation :

The laws coded.

Spoiler The Faith :

Praise the first of the Fylkirs, King Bjorn II Eriksson!

Spoiler The Theologian King of Sweden :

Watched Spiffing Brit teasing it and then the multi-player he did with the Yogs... Saw Potato McWhiskey's streams on it... now I'm watching a couple of the developers play a twisted game (King of Leon, married... sleeping with his sister, his high-skilled spymaster)...

The game sounds pretty fun and I've never played a sandbox game like this before. I'm tempted to pull the trigger and get it.

I will certainly be getting it sometime.
However with over 3,400 hours played on CK2 I'm a bit CK burned out atm.
I also preordered VTMB2 which Paradox is publishing and has been delayed and delayed again etc so they aren't in my good books atm.

Its "free" on gamepass at the minute. Only cost you £3.99. I installed it last night. Not sure when im going to be able to play it though. Wasteland 3 and Factorio are consuming my life at the moment :mischief:

I just want to know if the game is a shell ready for DLC, like most Paradox games are...

That implies that their games only exist to sell DLC, which is unfair, I think. They make a lot of DLC, yes, but they keep updating their games for free, years after release, and people still buy the DLC anyway.

That implies that their games only exist to sell DLC, which is unfair, I think. They make a lot of DLC, yes, but they keep updating their games for free, years after release, and people still buy the DLC anyway.

And the games have always been playable at release.
Sure I couldn't play Muslims, Republics, Pagans etc at release of CK2 but in CK1 they weren't playable at all.
Might as well argue Civ VI is incomplete at release because of all the Civs released or mechanics added/changed with DLC.

Top Bottom