Cultural Diffusion

I am using the latest mod, and I think the number of turns varies. I haven't used it for a while but I'd say 3-7 turns at a guess.
sorry to ask again, but this should have been fixed since v0.4, and I wasn't able to reproduce it in my games (in the last ones, I captured central germany city in modern era without tiles flipping back), so could you provide a savegame, or check if you're really using the latest version (v0.6 atm, v0.7 soon)

What are the reasons for any incompatibilities, may I ask? What kind of files does it change?
There are no incompatibility that I'm aware of so far. No vanilla files are replaced, so it should be compatible with most mods that don't add a tile flipping/culture mechanism :D

There are no incompatibility that I'm aware of so far. No vanilla files are replaced, so it should be compatible with most mods that don't add a tile flipping/culture mechanism :D

Well I was running a few mods (the most prominent being Civilization NiGHTS), and I didn't start said game with Cultural Diffusion activated. Could that be it?

Wait, nevermind, I just tested it on a new game with exactly the same mods, it works. It appears you need to start a game with Cultural Diffusion activated for it to work (or even load without crashing).

which other mods are you using ?

it's a bug that happens when using old mods replacing Ingame.xml (and this one doesn't)

sorry to ask again, but this should have been fixed since v0.4, and I wasn't able to reproduce it in my games (in the last ones, I captured central germany city in modern era without tiles flipping back), so could you provide a savegame, or check if you're really using the latest version (v0.6 atm, v0.7 soon)

I haven't played your mod for a while. I'll do it again now.

(Update) The cultural side of the game is now, but I am noticing that some text in the game is in code form (txt_hello sort of thing), like for example when you take over cities and you are asked what to do with them. I am noticing a LOT of trouble when combining this and InfoAddict, so there may be compatibility issues.

which other mods are you using ?

it's a bug that happens when using old mods replacing Ingame.xml (and this one doesn't)

Oops, sorry for unconfirmed bug.
Checked again, and it was Emigration v2 mod which caused this bug.

I captured Moscow as Japan around turn 50. It remained surrounded by Russian tiles (except 1)even at turn 100 by St. Petersburg 5 tiles away. The only tiles with my culture were following a road and river towards my next city. The city was starving ala Civ 4.
St. Pete could not have had much cultural infrastructure sincece the Russians were busy pumping out units from turn 1 and was in active conflict with Roma and China until turn 100.
At turn 70 I had gold purchased every available cultural building: mon, temple, monastery. Additionally, the city had 1 world wonder from Russian ownership (forgot which).
By turn 100, the surrounding tiles said 54 -58 my culture but still showed Russian yellow.
Any suggestions?
I find this mod frustrates the gameplay. I suggest that at least the surrounding tiles of a conquered city should be in my camp once resistance is over.

I captured Moscow as Japan around turn 50. It remained surrounded by Russian tiles (except 1)even at turn 100 by St. Petersburg 5 tiles away. The only tiles with my culture were following a road and river towards my next city. The city was starving ala Civ 4.
St. Pete could not have had much cultural infrastructure sincece the Russians were busy pumping out units from turn 1 and was in active conflict with Roma and China until turn 100.
At turn 70 I had gold purchased every available cultural building: mon, temple, monastery. Additionally, the city had 1 world wonder from Russian ownership (forgot which).
By turn 100, the surrounding tiles said 54 -58 my culture but still showed Russian yellow.
Any suggestions?
I find this mod frustrates the gameplay. I suggest that at least the surrounding tiles of a conquered city should be in my camp once resistance is over.
which version of the mod are you using ? (please no "last version" response, check in game modbrowser the number :D)

Have you deleted previous version of the mod before installing the new one ?

and last : do you have a savegame of the turn before the conquest ?

I can't recreate this kind of bug in my test games with v.6, even when conquering millenarian civilizations, so I really need a savegame to see what's going wrong in your current game.

looking at the patch notes, it should :D

not dead, heavily sleeping :D

I need a few other things done in my WWII mod, then I'll have to update/rewrite YnAEMP to prepare the inclusion of the highly anticipated YnADH (for those able to understand the acronym, that is), and a new version of this mod will be needed in it, including military capture of tiles.

I need a few other things done in my WWII mod, then I'll have to update/rewrite YnAEMP to prepare the inclusion of the highly anticipated YnADH (for those able to understand the acronym, that is), and a new version of this mod will be needed in it, including military capture of tiles.

Yet not Another....? What does the DH stand for?

- PR-0927

You do love me! Or at least I love you, in a respectful way of course...

Unfortunately I must say that I have expected a better realization like it is now. The first thing is, that the culture that is added on a plot seems rather random; it is hard to tell why some culture is added here but not there and why it is this specific amount.
At the moment the biggest problems for me are, that at early times of a city the surrounding areas don't have any culture on it but you still have control of these tiles, while the other way round also occurs, that you are the only one who has culture on a plot but still don't control it.

But even if I don't like the way you have realized it by now I have no suggestions how to make it better:(

The first thing that came to my mind, was that every tile you control only gets 1 culture on it, thus when gaining control of a new one that also gets only one.
When your city expands to the border of another civ the tile there would already have 1 culture from that civ and now gets one more from you, thus the next one of both civs would get control of this tile because that player has now 2 of 3 culture thus stricly more than any other civ.
this could work without having to let the tiles reach an unbeliveable high culture value
... unfortunately I don't know if it can be implemted that way

The values are in the CultureDefines.lua file, you can tweak them to change when tiles are flipping, how fast culture spread, from where to where, etc...

The default values are the one that I need for another mod project, I want the "culture" as defined in this mod to be a value of the population presence on plots, and the civs borders to be the representation of the nation territory claiming, independent of the population living there... which will give some base to calculate a stability factor for an empire, and plausible regions where partisan can spawn for a revolution mod.

Again you can tweak the value to your liking, as an example to make a civ with the more culture on a plot gain it immediatly, just change the CULTURE_FLIPPING_RATIO to 0 (default is 0.65, meaning a civ must have at least 65% of the total culture of the plot before it flip to it side if there's already an plot owner) and also change CULTURE_MINIMUM_OWNER to 1

The idea of adding at least one point of culture on owned tile is good, I think it can be added. About the "unbeliveable high" numbers, the final version will only show percentage, I'm keeping it for debugging.

have you already any idea how to modify the great artist ability?
in my first try with this mod i got control of a plot that was at 100% CS and i kept it although it was still 100% of that CS, but then on an other plot with an other 100% CS the control changed back right after this turn

*edit*
and thanks for telling which values I must tweak

Top Bottom